Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin'ō Academy

"Well... I was trying to avoid any awkwardness, is all," was Daiki's response. Moments later, it seemed they had come to an agreement on both of them joining the 3rd Division, as to remain in their ongoing partnership. He had to admit, he was rather excited by this prospect.

Almost a week later, Daiki stood outside the door to Benihime's quarters. Other students were clearing the halls, as it was now the final weekend afforded to students for visiting their families, friends and the like off-campus. Presently, he was in wait. He knocked on the door, wondering if perhaps it was too early during the day to be reaching out to the redhead.

Benihime was getting dressed for the day knowing that all the other students in the dormitories would be cleared out for their final weekends. She was busy wrapping up her ponytail. Her body already properly bandaged and unlike most days where she wore her uniform she was wearing a pair of large flame red hakama with orange flames. Her upper body wrapped in bandages, as she heard a knock at her door. This was a curious happening as such she made her way over to the door with her hands still busy wrapping the ribbon around her ponytail. She opened her door and found, Daiki standing. "Oh? Ohayou Gozaimasu, Dai-kun~"

When the door finally opened, Daiki first took notice of the lack of academy attire worn by Benihime. Daiki himself sported white, red and gold robes of an Arabian variety, leaving his arms and abdomen exposed to the elements. Still, though, he kept his Zanpakutou equipped to his person. "Oh, good. I suppose I didn't wake you, then. Ohayou gozaimasu. Nice... uhh... bandages. Interesting fashion statement, but I think it works."

Daiki was looking rather interesting outside of his normal academy attire. Benihime herself, was particularly fond of uniforms because they didn't allow for normal individuality. "Iie, didn't wake me... I've been up for a bit," the girl said as she finished putting her hair up. "Arigatou gozaimasu, you also make interesting fashion choices. Nice outfit~" she commented as she walked over to her bed reaching for her zanpakuto which she'd left there while she got dressed. There was still plenty of room for it to hang off the side of her body which is where she placed it. "So, what's going on with you this morning?" she asked of the young man who'd found himself at her door at a randomly early moment.

An internal sigh followed the clause that Benihime had not been woken by his knocking. "Oh, good," he said prior to inspecting his own attire. "You think so? This is the sort of thing my family wears all the time. I thought I was just making do with a couple of alterations." While Benihime reentered the room to retrieve her Zanpakutou, Daiki chose to lean against the door frame and wait. "Almost everyone is gone now. I figured, since we missed our opportunity last time, I could use this free weekend. I've still got that Kan I've been saving."

"Hai, I think so~" she said about his outfit. She seemed to think this was an interesting enough conversation to have while fixing her Zanpakuto to her person. When he mentioned that everyone else was almost gone and that he still had the Kan he was saving up, she remembered they'd discussed such a thing the last time they'd stayed alone at the Academy together but the circumstances had been very different. She enjoyed his company enough that she was alright with the idea of just about anything, but she realized in this moment she had no idea what he had in mind. "Hm, you know I realize you never said what you were saving the Kan for. What did ya' have in mind?" she asked as she approached the doorway he was leaning against fully outfitted and ready to begin her day.

"That's easy. I was saving it for this," Daiki admitted. Prior to the previous vacation weekend, Daiki had been given a specific amount of Kan by his family, and expected to make use of it. He was then surprised by the mention of Benihime actually taking the vacation and going home with it, so he chose to push his savings back to this, the final free weekend of the year. "The 12th has been renting out experimental Gigai technology to anyone willing to test it. In addition to getting two of them, I still have a pass for one round trip to the Human World. Interested?"

The words that Daiki was saving his money for this moment made, Benihime's right eyebrow raise in curiosity. As she came to stand before him, he went on to explain what he actually wanted to do with his saved money. This idea was rather novel, and seemed to be kind of fun, since their first trip to the Material World on their first day in the Academy, she'd always thought it would be pretty fun to go without any responsibilities. "That..." she started with a pause her face breaking into the largest of grins. "Sounds amazing~ Of course I'm in~"

"Yosh!" the male exclaimed. He was already prepared to depart, and it seemed Benihime was prepared as well. As such, Daiki moved out. Upon reaching the academy's front gates, he spoke again. "I don't know about you, but I've been wanting to check out the Human World for years. There's so much to it, we should have been allowed field trips in class. It would have been much better than the alternative."

"You seem pretty excited, Dai-kun~" Benihime teased as she followed along behind him. Of course, she was also fairly excited herself, unbeknownst to most she'd been waiting for a time period in which she'd get to explore the Human World. In fact, it seemed like it would be good for expanding the knowledge base of every individual. "I've also been curious for quite a while. I also think it would have made a much better first trip than our first day of class~" she said with a bit of a chuckle. "Come on~ I'm kinda excited now~" she said thinking about it more, it would be one of the few times she got to go somewhere without abject supervision which was among the things she really wanted out of life.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast