Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin'ō Academy

Shin'ō Academy

Spoiler:

Shinōreijutsuin (真央霊術院, Spiritual Arts Academy), sometimes called the Shinigami Academy, is an institution located in the Seireitei. The academy trains Souls with spiritual powers for each of the three military arms of Soul Society.

Applicants to the academy must pass an entrance exam in order to be admitted, and must demonstrate that they have some Reiatsu. The entrance exam seems to be open to any and all who wish to apply, resulting in a wide range of individuals of all ages joining. The social classes of the applicants range from nobles and residents of the more hospitable districts of Rukongai to its more barbaric outer regions. The results of the entrance exam are used to divide up the successful applicants into different classes, with those who obtain the highest grades being placed in the first class. At the start of the academic year, there is a welcoming ceremony for the new students. If an applicant fails the exam, it may be taken again.

The Academy's curriculum is taught over six-years, though exceptionally gifted students have been known to graduate from the academy in less time than this, such as Tōshirō Hitsugaya, Kaien Shiba and Gin Ichimaru. In addition to a more general education, the pupils are taught how to control and make use of their Reiatsu, as well as the four major Shinigami combat forms: Hakuda, Hohō, Kidō, and Zanjutsu. Students also learn how to perform Soul Burials, how to communicate with the spirit of their Zanpakutō, and are prepared for the general duties of a Shinigami. Upon completing the Academy's curriculum, a student will then apply to join a division of the Gotei 13, Kidō Corps or Onmitsukidō. On occasion, highly talented Shinigami may be admitted to a division, or even granted a seated position with a division before completing the full curriculum, or partake in missions with a division.

The uniform of the Academy is similar to the standard Shinigami shihakushō uniform, but with a different color scheme. The women's style consists of a red shitagi (under shirt), a white kosode (shirt) with red stripes, red hakama (trousers), white socks and sandals. For the male version of the uniform, the red is replaced with blue. There is a circular symbol on both breasts of the outer shirt. This appears to be the emblem of the Academy.
    Spoiler:

Zanjutsu Training Hall
    Spoiler:

Kido Training Field
    Spoiler:

"That sounds tragic, really..." the young woman mentioned as she turned around backwards continuing to run. "Good thing I came along this time, huh? If ya' get that tingly feeling again, let me know, I'll be your wing-man~" she finished up. It seemed that the crimson haired lass had the opportunity to come to the Academy long before now, and had foregone it for personal reasons. Whatever the case was, she was finally dragged along into registering for this particular year, likely due to the young man she was currently in front of as she came to a stop at the steps and slipped properly into her uniform. "I win...again. Hell, I should've bet lunch on that~" she chimed as they headed towards this entrance ceremony which they were surprisingly on time for. "What class did we get into again?"

"Kuso!" the raven-haired male spoke as he landed. The first steps forward thereafter would lead through the front gate, where Shusuke was asked what class the two of them were placed in. "Baka~. This is the entrance ceremony. We'll find out today where we placed. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I've got first class without a doubt. I barely even had to try to impress!" Moments later, they would enter the crowd of applicants, who stood before the academy's instructors to await the announcements. Shusuke stood in wait of the beginning, holding his hands against the back of his head in a very lax manner. "And they're gonna be like... Benihime, rejected for being a cheater in races!"

A smirk came to the young woman's face as she won her race and fixed her 'uniform' clothing which wasn't really to her liking. Beyond this it seemed they hadn't found out about their placement yet, but she had an aching feeling she already knew. "Eh? Is that really what we're here for? Well, maybe I was told already and that's why I think that..." she said with a chuckle knowing she'd likely just tuned out whatever unnecessary information she'd been given because it wasn't essential to the moment. But when the young man mentioned she'd likely be ejected for cheating in races she could only laugh as she nudged him with her left elbow. "Oi oi, I didn't cheat. They'll probably be like~ 'She's so proficient, I wonder what else she can do, we need her to graduate next week'~" she concluded only to follow up with a sentence of minor fondness. "But then I'll say, only if Shu-kun comes along. 'Cause he's my wing-man, even if he could use a few extra steps in his Shunpo~" she said as they would eventually come to a stand still in time to hear the announcements.

Shusuke intended to retort, but the moment he opened his mouth to do so, the ceremony began. The speech dragged on through the welcoming of all potential students of the academy, but eventually, a man stepped forward to announce placements. "Top ten applicants are first! These are the exceptional ones among you who will automatically enter the first class! Top prospects, step forward as your names are mentioned! First, the best among you as chosen by the board of instructors: Nomura Daiki!" When the first name was called out, the summoned male passed by the pair of Benihime and Shusuke. He was a fair-skinned individual of average height with dark hair worn long, mostly in a messy braid with several wavy locks falling over his shoulders. He seemed to be cut from a different cloth than the others present in this location, and his placement among them was proof of it. Sharp sapphire eyes pointed forward as he walked through the crowd to take his place on the stage. The calling of names continued during this time, and soon, it reached the fifth name. "Niwatoko Benihime!"

She'd expected a bit more banter but it seemed they wouldn't be allowed the continued time to chat. The instructor soon announced that the top ten students would be automatically included in the First Class. A name of someone she didn't know was announced first along with a few other names which didn't seem to be of much consequence, but the fifth name called was her own, she didn't seem terribly surprised by this and instead gave a salute to her friend. "You better make the top ten!~" she mentioned as she stepped up to take the fifth place in line she had a casual glance down the rest of the line. A chuckle would ensue from the young woman. 'I probably could have tried a bit harder... huh?' she mused, not that fifth wasn't a good enough place, this way they'd expect her to be good, but she could get away with her usual slacking off and self-interest. She'd then wait up front to see who else was called along with her and the young man up front.

The list went on, until the top ten applicants were all standing in line. Shusuke was not among these individuals, but the next statement of the instructor at least confirmed his placement in the academy overall. "These are the pupils all should aspire to be like! All others who have made it this far will be placed among the standard class! Lessons will begin immediately!" With that, the assembly was over, and the first day of the academy for these individuals could begin. 'Kuso... Maybe I should have tried harder. Guess I gotta get promoted the old-fashioned way.'

Upon the end of the top ten being announced the crimson haired young woman known as Benihime palmed her face. 'If I'd known he was gonna blow it, I wouldn't have tried so hard. This is gonna be boring now... I should kick his ass later for leaving alone with these....' her eyes darted back and forth from left to right as she tried to decide what to call her peers. 'Things.' she thought. But with that, she was done, she finished rubbing her face in time to see a portly little instructor walking up to their group. The woman had brown hair and wore glasses with thick frames. It was rather hard to believe this woman had ever done anything other than eat and read books, but perhaps there was something more to her. "Alright First Class, I'm your instructor and today's lessons will include Zanjutsu and Hohou basic training." she said to the group, the thought of this woman executing Shunpo made a huge grin cross the redhead's face. This one in particular seemed to be able to skip basic reiatsu manipulation among other things. "But before all that, you will receive a special Kidou lesson from a guest instructor. This is a special treat for the First Class, as you are more likely than any others in the Academy Class to draw the attention of the Shinigami ranked within the Seireitei." she explained as she pushed her glasses up on her face. "This year's special guest is a recent graduate and something of a prodigy, any of you who have done any studying will know his name, Kumori Raizen, and he'll be taking you all to the Kidou Training Fields." she said.

Following the introduction by the first class' instructor, Raizen himself approached the yet-to-be seated group. It was good that they had not been situated in their classroom yet, as it was Raizen's intention to have them moved out immediately. "Arigatou gozaimashita," he said with a bow to the instructor, seeming exceedingly formal to be speaking with an individual he now outclassed in status. After addressing the portly woman, he turned his attention toward the class. "Yoroshiku onegaishimasu! Let's not waste any time, shall we? Follow me to the field," he said before sauntering off. Soon enough, the class would be brought to a stage-like structure at an exit of the building, which lay before a large open field with various targets at the end of it. "Bear with me for a bit; I haven't exactly done this before. What can any of you tell me about Kidou as a form of Shinigami combat?" he asked. Nomura Daiki, the first to be placed in this class from these new students, was the first to speak on this matter. "Kidou is deemed ineffective for combat, excluding surprise attacks and the like, as the need for incantations to create a full-powered spell leaves one open to attack when casting spells."

"Good. I mean, that's the right answer, even though you obviously don't believe it," Raizen retorted, looking at the other male through the corner of his eye. "Does anyone else have an answer for me?"

The announcement that the young Vice-Captain Kumori Raizen would be teaching their introductory Kidou lesson, made such a thing just a tiny bit more bearable for the young redhead who was presently required to attend without the comic-relief and companionship of her former dojo mate. Since this was the case she soon enough followed along, taking the time to study the man walking before them, with an unabashed gaze as he began speaking about Kidou. He went on to ask about Kidou and Benihime made no move to speak, analyzing the group she figured someone else would first, and it would give her the time to figure out what kind of person this Raizen guy was to determine if she'd bother speaking this day. Nomura Daiki spoke and gave what most would consider a text book answer, but Raizen seemed to find some sort of deception in what the young man had said, this caused a grin to break out over Benihime's face. "Kidou is potentially rather underrated considering most think it isn't directly useful in battle. But skilled practitioners can use it to help them in multiple ways, including the ability to cast without use of incantations. Knowing Kidou over an evenly skilled opponent could make a world of difference in the outcome of battle, so even knowing a low level can be potentially devastating, in the right situation," the redhead continued. "Or something like that..." she said, aiming to not give a particularly political answer but instead shared how she knew the use of spells could be useful, hopefully without alluding to any potential battle experience she had.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast