Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Shin'ō Academy

Daiki remained in his place so long as the tornado of flames continued. When the Reiatsu within began to rise, he anticipated some sort of Hadou used from within the confines of the fire. Both of his arms were stretched in front of him. His left hand remained open with his palm facing forward, and his right hand's fingers - save his fore and middle fingers - were curled inward as the remaining extended fingers were pressed against his left palm. "Hachiheddo Bougyokabe," he whispered. A spherical barrier of his own Reiryoku then formed around him. From within his previous spell, emerged a blast of lightning which threatened the sanctity of his barrier. However, by focusing the majority of its energy on the point of impact, he was able to keep the barrier intact. It remained stable enough to redistribute its defensive abilities once the Raikouhou subsided, leaving it capable of stopping Benihime's kick from above. "Is it a habit?" he asked, following Benihime's apparent observation and claim of baiting his reactions. "Frankly, I expected to get a real fight out of you by doing that sort of thing. But... you're too keen on not making yourself obvious, aren't you?"

This barrier created by Daiki which let him avoid the most of Benihime's counterattack, was something completely new to the young woman. Even so, it seemed her words had fallen to the young man and he was still able to simply hold up this barrier, without it being any sort of a problem. "Sugoi! This barrier is awesome!~" she said as she rebounded off of it flipping and bouncing on her toes after landing back on her feet. To his words of questioning this apparent habit of his she could only smile chiding gently. "Oh, so you did that just for me? Kinda unnecessary, it made me think you weren't really into it~" she mentioned of his apparent trickery. "Hai, intend not to make myself obvious..." she said without being specific. "Though, if you really wanna see, I'll show you later. Just the two of us~" she said offering the young man a wink. She was quite serious about not showing the full depth of her abilities to large groups of people, she was a bit too distrusting of the public at large.

"... Tch!" was the simple retort of Daiki. While he had long since accepted the fact that Benihime would not be utilizing her Zanpakutou during this battle, he knew there was more she was avoiding as well. Daiki had been awaiting this battle as much as graduation itself, so it went without saying that he was more than disappointed in this outcome. "Some rivalry this has been," Daiki walked toward his Zanpakutou, letting his barrier vanish as he reached to pick the staff up. He continued walking thereafter, reverting his Zanpakutou to its sealed state and sheathing it. With that, he had one final thing to say to the announcer of this fight. "I forfeit. Valedictorian isn't worth it." Continuing forward, Daiki eventually reached the end of the corridor he had previously used to enter the arena. There, he met a group of individuals from the Kidou Corps who demanded his attention, and took him from the academy the moment he could no longer be seen by others.

Benihime had known Daiki for the better part of this year, and in that time she hadn't seen him lose his temper and assumed this moment was about as close as she'd get to it. 'Ano, what was he expecting me to show him exactly?' she wondered internally. When the young man went on to claim he'd forfeit because being Valedictorian wasn't worth it, the young woman's eyes widened. "What!? I don't even want to be Valedictorian, don't put that on me..." she paused and watched him walk off, wanting to call to him but refusing at the last possible second. She wasn't about impeding people's emotional time, figuring that once the young man cooled off he'd be back and they could talk properly. Even so, the young woman simply waved off this entire ordeal and spun her blade around her her hand before sheathing it, at the small of her back once more. She was more than content to just leave, headed back to her own side of the stage without any fussing.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213