Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin'ō Academy

Even later, Daiki sat in his inner world, taking the same meditative stance his physical self had. He needed to consider the will of his Zanpakutou, and why she had not appeared behind any of the doors he'd checked. Where was she? Why did nearly every door he opened have some form of trap behind it? Why would she say to find her behind a door, if she obviously didn't intend to hide behind a specific door? These were the questions on Daiki's mind. A few minutes of thought occurred before he finally came to a realization. He stood then, moving toward a completely random door while speaking aloud. 'Gomen nasai. Every time I come here, you are nothing but kind to me, but I have never shown you the respect you deserve. Aisumimasen!' With that said, Daiki reached the door. This time, he raised his right hand to knock on the door. It opened from the other side thereafter, and there stood the tanned woman. 'Okaerinasai~' she said while stepping aside and gesturing into the room. Daiki bowed. 'Tadaima. Arigatou gozaimashita!' With that, Daiki stepped beyond the threshold, where he fell into a seemingly endless abyss. Even so, he did not seem worried. 'Hey... could I please have your name?' he asked while falling. From above, the Zanpakutou spirit replied with a bright smile.

'Of course, Daiki. My name is...'

Suddenly, Daiki's eyes opened. He had left his state of meditation, and was now able to rise. Upon doing so, his left hand rose to wipe blood from the cut on his cheek. With that out of the way, he muttered one final statement. "Yoroshiku onegaishimashita..."

Benihime was stumbling though the darkness her eyes rather slowly adjusting to the whole of this darkness. After several minutes of this warm and tingling feeling stumbling through the vines, the red haired young woman came to a stop, because a single step had caused her to stumble. In fact, the stumble had come because there was a rather large hole in the middle of the path. There was nothing around it, it was simply a sheer drop off into nothing. A sigh escaped, the young woman, 'Look, I can't get any further... it's a huge hole and I can't cross it. I can see it clearly now.' she said to the spirit. A giggle would come from the spirit seeming to have it come from all around. 'Jump,' it was a single word. This made the redhead pause, rubbing a hand across her face. 'So, let me get this straight, you want me to jump, into the giant hole... that right?' she said and the spirit giggled. 'See, this is what I am talking about, you don't trust me.' she said again. 'I told you... this way wouldn't hurt you... you still tested the other way first. I'm telling you... to jump... but you don't trust me enough, to believe I wouldn't ever lead you astray...' the spirit said still hidden somewhere else. 'And if you don't trust me, how can you ever hear my name?' she asked seeming to not understand the problem nor why her partner didn't seem to understand what she was saying.

Pacing began as Benihime walked back and forth in front of this deep hole. She tried to consider this from the perspective of her Zanpakuto spirit. 'When we first met, you said you'd always been with me...' she said. 'I suppose, if that is the case, and you are part of me then you are someone I owe my trust for still being here,' she said at the edge of the hole. 'You're right... all this time, I was acting like you were a stranger... but you know me better than anyone else... gomenasai~' she said stopping her pacing she turned her back to the hole opened up her arms and without another second of thought fell into it. The warm tingling sensation engulfed her, and soon enough her Zanpakuto spirit appeared once more, at her back as she fell into the depths of the dark hole created for her. 'It's alright~ I knew you'd be a bit stubborn. I forgive you, Benihime~' said the being as they descended she leaned into the redhead and spoke to her. 'So you ready? Can you hear it? My name is...' a grin came to the young woman's face as she learned the name of her zanpakuto and woke from her dream state immediately clapping a hand over her puncture wound on her right side. "Ouch!" she said seeming to have not realized she'd have to feel the same injuries twice.

"That sounds dreadful," Daiki said when Benihime uttered a sound implying pain. After sheathing his own Zanpakutou, he crouched down to her level, reaching out toward her right side. "Here. I've been practicing a bit of Kaidou; I'll try to help." Though he seemed to be making a request, Daiki did not await any form of response from the redhead before a green glow emitted from his hands. The healing process would be slower than what one should expect of a Shinigami in the 4th Division, but it began immediately nonetheless. Once he had begun, his gaze shifted upward to the face of the redhead. "Some Zanpakutou you've got there. Must have been one hell of a test. Any luck?"

Benihime turned to look at Daiki who apparently was keen to help her out a bit. At the words that it didn't really sound pleasant she couldn't help but chuckle. "Definitely not a pleasant feeling, but I've felt worse," she mentioned with a haphazard grin. Soon enough the healing process had begun and though it wasn't as fast as she knew it could be, it was more than she could manage for herself. "Arigatou gozaimasu, Dai-kun," she said. Seeming to find it interesting that she was getting fixed up over something so relatively small. Moving right along, it seemed he understood at least how she'd gotten such an injury and a small smirk came to her face. "Apparently, I have trust issues..." she said and in keeping with that she didn't initially say anymore, but she thought about it just a little bit, and lowered her voice a tad. "But between the two of us in the strictest of confidences, it worked out alright~" she said with a small smile. "What about you, any luck with that pretty gold blade of yours?"

"I'm sure you have. It's still not something you should have to deal with," he said while continuing his healing efforts. When Benihime's voice emerged in a lower tone, Daiki offered a closer ear to listen with. A grin crossed his face when she confessed to the development of her Shikai. "Your secret's safe with me. I expected you to get this far, though. It would be sad if I had reached the next level, and you of all people hadn't. At this point, we're the only ones who can push the other to greater heights, right?" he asked. Mere seconds later, the green glow around his hands disappeared. Benihime's wound would have been fully healed, freeing Daiki to rise to his feet and offer both of his hands to help the lass up.

"I am glad you think so, though to be fair, I sort of did it to myself~" she explained of her injury. Which was true considering that what she'd been doing was directly contradictory to what her Zanpakuto had asked of her. Moving right along, it seemed that her companion and rival of sorts, had also made good work of the communication with his Zanpakuto as well. It seemed they were both fairly productive this day, on top of that she was soon healed up. She had a quick stretch of her side and feeling no pain reached up for the young man's outstretched hands to help herself to her feet. "Hai, I figured I'd be bored to death, glad to have someone along with some skill. Arigatou gozaimasu~" she said as she reached her feet. She looked to the young man and asked a single question. "Are you headed home this time?" the young woman asked knowing it was one of the free times they were allowed to visit home if they wished, she herself was surprisingly headed home this time, though she'd not gone anytime before this point.

"Really? So, yours had a test that wasn't working out so well for you either, huh..." Following a stretch, Benihime accepted Daiki's offer to help her to her feet. She went on to ask if he would be going home this time around, obviously alluding to the time they were allowed away from the academy to do such things. With this query fresh on his mind, he gripped his waist with his left hand and rubbed the back of his head with his right. "Not this time. Since you've never gone out during the vacation, I figured I would stay behind this time. You have to be bored here all by yourself, right? Or would I be imposing?"

"Hai, something like that~" she said, taking note that he seemed to have had the same sort of problems on his own. Though apparently not to the same extent that Benihime had experienced them. Beyond this point though it seemed that Daiki thought to stay behind with her on the normal trips that everyone else took home. It was the general case that she was the only person in the first class who usually stayed behind but this was by her own doing. She chuckled just a little and shook her head. "No, it's not like you'd be imposing. Actually, I'd take your company..." she said. "But, I'm actually going home this time. I sort of promised my big brothers I'd come home some time before I was made a Shinigami. And since that seems to be the case now more so than ever, I thought I'd go home for a bit," she finished rubbing the back of her own head. "So, you should go home this time, and stay and hang out with me next time~ It'll be fun~" she offered a standing invitation to join her in times where she'd normally have been all by herself, they did have one more vacation time before what would likely be one or both of their early graduations.

Given the situationally unfavorable response of Benihime, Daiki was quickly left somewhat disheartened. The one time he had resolved to stay away from his family house for a scheduled visit, there was no point in him doing so. Still, his family was quite strange. Due to the fact that he had not arranged a return, he was left quite unable to go now. But, he supposed there were worse things than being stuck by himself at the academy. "I might be able to take you up on that. No going home for me this time, though. Noble stuff; it's complicated. I'll just continue my training for the weekend. Just don't go falling behind on me while you're out, alright?"

It seemed that Daiki was staying behind even without her doing so. He mentioned the complication of noble life being one of the reasons he wasn't going home. The girl couldn't help but chuckle, she would truly never know what he meant by that. Her family being about as far away from nobility as one could get. Even so, she took the commentary of the young man in stride and could only show a slightly cocky smile in the face of it. "I'm going out, you should just hope I don't get too far ahead~" the girl mentioned of her own ability to learn in active situations. Now that they were all set on what they were doing for this weekend the young woman began her walk towards the doorway. "Catch ya' later, Dai-kun~"

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast