Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [10th Division] Courtyard

"I suppose you could say that," he said about the assessment of his strength. In fact, Raizen had hardly worked toward approaching his true ability, but he figured there was no reason at all for him to do this. Soon enough, Saya showcased her ability to actually escape the spell he'd cast upon her. Raizen seemed apathetic toward this development, Shikai or not, but... he had to admit that the Shikai itself was intriguing. "Iie. If anything, this battle was over a month ago. This Shikai of yours seems interesting, but I'm afraid this is a one-sided battle regardless."

Saya was still free the glowing white blade of her zanpakuto and several insect like creatures flying around her. Now that she was though, she fully recognized that she was actually in no position to be cocky this day. She understood her own limitations enough to know that it had taken a great deal of her energy just to free herself, most of it in fact. Still she'd shown a great deal of extra ability, and that was enough for her to respect her own efforts. "The battle would be one-sided regardless and you know that... I imagine you're very bored all the time. But I know my own limitations..." she said sheathing her weapon and as she did the white glow of it disappeared, the insects dispersed and the Reiryoku they previously absorbed scattered to the wind.

'Sou ka, she wastes a lot of Reiryoku creating those... but I imagine there's a better way to do it.' Benihime thought to herself soon enough Saya's eyes narrowed and she saw the small redhead on the roof from the corner of her eye, if only because she knew to look up to find her. "Besides, that last bit wasn't for you..." she said as she turned on her heels and looked directly at the young woman who'd returned her leg and asked only in exchange that she do something interesting. "Kiddo, was that interesting enough for you?" she asked the girl whose eyes widened as most people didn't find her when she was looking like this but... Saya was one who knew her habits better than anyone else. The redhead gave a simple nod, but didn't descend. "Arigatou Gozaimasu, Kumori-fukutaichou. You should find yourself a sparring partner you'd enjoy..." she said giving a bow. "Oi are you coming down, for tea?" she asked Benihime who didn't say anything but stood with a cheeky smirk. "Iie. Raincheck... I have somewhere to be..." and with that the girl would utilize Shunpo, aiming to disappear from this place with no more than a salute to those below.

"Incredibly," Raizen replied. True enough, the only satisfaction he found in combat as of late had been training with Han Juri, and battling against this new seed of Hollows and Tamamura Tamao. Everything else had disappointed, bar a few choice... interesting encounters. As if to note this, Saya spoke to the being whose presence Raizen had purposefully not pointed out all this time, causing Raizen to shift his gaze toward the roof. This Niwatoko Benihime was, in fact, one of the encounters who'd managed to pique his interest, but he found himself avoiding more than a few brief meetings with her up to this point, for reasons all his own. When the redhead dismissed herself after rejecting the offer of her former mentor, Raizen's eyes traced her movement until she was out of sight. "Interesting. That one keeps appearing around me," he said.

"I can't imagine..." she said rolling her eyes. Though she knew that others often felt this way, one particular redhead came to mind. A girl who fought everyone and mastered her skills within the Dojo only to be bored and winning for decades after. When things stopped being challenging the girl had gone on to divert her attention to other things, other challenges. She imagined the Vice-Captain of the 10th Division was likely similar to this. As her student had fled while turning down an offer for tea, Saya scoffed. 'When did she get that fast...' she wondered having kept track of only the first two of the girl's steps before she lost visual sight of her. The girl often did things like this but it didn't make much of a difference to her at this point. She supposed she'd go have tea with Baiken instead, but before that, Raizen pointed out that the little redhead kept appearing around him. This was something which caught Saya's attention. "Appearing... around you?" she repeated. Thinking back on the habits of the crimson haired lass, she could only think of a few people the girl bothered associating with, beyond this for her to appear before an individual more than once was almost unheard of. Such a situation was curious. "Does she know your name?" asked Saya because by this point it was just a matter of curiosity.

When Saya replied to his open statement, Raizen's gaze dropped until it was upon the raven-haired woman. "Hai," he spoke through a sigh. "Very frequently, she either shows up where I am, or where I'm going. It is an obvious coincidence sometimes, but I've encountered her more than anyone else since I took on this position. It's something I've frankly been trying to avoid." For some reason or another, Saya thought to ask if this individual knew Raizen's name. Even he couldn't begin to fathom why this would be of importance, but beyond the strangeness of the query, he supposed he could answer regardless. "Well, yes. What does that matter?"

As Raizen explained the strangeness of his random encounters with Benihime, Saya aimed to keep her face neutral. The girl didn't often find anyone interesting enough to try and encounter them. He claimed that sometimes it was completely random and coincidental but that he'd been avoiding her for unknown reasons. The idea of this man avoiding anything made Saya chuckle, but she wouldn't comment on that at all. Moving on to the lighter part of this conversation. "Well, it might not matter much at all. I can't really read her like I used to... I haven't been able to for a while now," she said thinking about the redhead from the point that she showed up beaten up on her doorstep, following the death of her family. The girl hadn't even bothered explaining what had happened, Saya had only found out when she went to see what had happened and discovered that her family dwelling was destroyed and had to question neighbors about the Hollow attack which caused their untimely demise. "But, assuming she doesn't want you dead, she likely just respects you," she said thinking of the only two situations which made the girl remember someone's name.

"... Sou ka," Raizen said as he looked in the direction the redhead ran off in, his eyes narrowed as he did so. This claim of respect seemed a bit curious, to say the least. Raizen had the sense that there was some deeper meaning, but this was something he'd rather not bother looking into. "Whatever the case, I suppose I'll be going now. I'll be in the human world. Don't worry; I didn't leave any additional responsibilities for you to deal with while I'm gone. Ja ne." With that said, Raizen vanished via Shunpo, making his way toward the barracks of the 7th Division.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345