Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [10th Division] Courtyard

[10th Division] Courtyard

A young woman stepped out into the courtyard of the 10th Division. As she stood out beside the Sakura tree in the center, groups of members of this division gathered around. Apparently this day was to include a large announcement. She was wearing a Shihakusho short as a skirt complete with high ninja like boots with shin-splints. On top of this she donned a teal and white haori like covering and a black scarf around her neck. And then one more layer completed her outfit and it was, a large sleeveless white haori with a hood, which bore the kanji for the number ten on the back of it. She stood at a relatively standard height hands tucked into the pockets of her outermost layer with the hilt of a sword sticking out at her left hip. As such she waited for a couple of different things, all of her members as well as a young male to join her at her side.

Moments after the arrival of this woman, when all members of the division were present in the courtyard, the final piece to the puzzle arrived. A male figure, with tanned skin and white hair protruding off the back of his head in his own personal fashion, exited the barracks. He wore numerous chains over his shihakusho, as well as a small white haori and fingerless gloves with the kanji for "Kumori" emblazoning them. Over his left arm was a Lieutenant's badge belonging to this very division. After emerging, he stood a step behind the apparent Captain, taking to her left side in claiming his position.

"Fashionable entrance," would be the first word spoken by the obvious captain of this division to the male who'd appeared at her left side. She didn't seem to be bothered by this, in fact, this was exactly where he needed to be. The badge on this left arm, would let all present know the information they needed to about why this impromptu meeting had been called but the slower ones seemed to be putting it together as well. "Alright, everyone is here listen up!" this speech started and the young woman with her clear grey eyes to a step forward standing up a bit straighter as she addressed the entire group with supreme authority. "As many of you know. We've been without a Vice-Captain for a while now. This is one of the Academy's most recent top graduates. He's gone on missions with several of you, so I'm sure you're familiar with him, and he's shown the skills to give me every reason to believe he'll be perfect for this position. You're all to welcome Kumori Raizen to the Division." she said waiting for the chorus of understanding to come from the group. "Now, I'm not so hard up as to be mean about it, just make sure to keep everything respectful and it will be business as usual. This is a celebration!~" she finished. It seemed that this particular captain was rather easy going though very much about the niceness of her division and all of its members.

"Hai. I had some pretty big footprints to step in on my way out," he replied, regarding the status of the Captain herself within this division. He remained silent thereafter, allowing the woman to go on with her speech to her subordinates. When all was said and done, the man introduced as Kumori Raizen bowed to the large group in front of him. "Ore wa Kumori Raizen. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!" he said. When his head rose, a grin was flashed in the direction of a very specific division member: a woman with an open shihakusho, and a head ornament holding her silver hair up to take on a horn-like appearance. This particular member had been deemed 3rd Seat of the 10th Division, and seemed particularly interested in the placement of this Vice-Captain.

"Hai!" this was the chorus from the group of men and women who made up the division. "Onegaishimasu!" and that would be all. Except for the noticeable eye contact shared between this new Vice-Captain and the Third Seat. Whatever the case, the Captain of this division found herself blushing and waving off the extra commentary of this young man, who seemed to think he had some large shoes to fill in taking up her previously occupied position. "Ah, it's nothing like that. You'll do fine, plus... I'm sure you'll leave behind way bigger footprints than me." she said giving the young man a gentle pat on his shoulder. "Alright, everyone is dismissed. Make sure you take care of your duties and don't neglect your training," she said to the group as a whole as she gave them the leave to disperse.

The entire time this was taking place though, another individual was watching from a rooftop above. She was on her way to the Academy but in having seen such a gathering, her own curiosity left her to watch the entire ceremony. "Uh... seems like a lot of fuss for one person," she said though she supposed this young man was attractive, and likely powerful which made him a bit more interesting than the average individual. Actually, she couldn't remember a time before this that she thought someone was nearly as interesting.

"That's the plan of course, but I'm not really expecting to," he said with a grin and a glance toward the Captain. In the meantime, the lass on the rooftop was joined by another individual. This one was male with silky brown hair. After sneaking up behind the girl, he peeked over the roof to see what all the fuss was about. "Oh, I think that's the guy! Komurin or something. They were talking about him during applications; said something like he just graduated at the top of the first class with a bunch of new records for the academy's history. Speaking of the academy, shouldn't we be there in like... now?"

The girl atop the roof was wearing red hakama and everything for the academy uniform except the long sleeved white shirt which was rolled down around he waist revealing her bandaged chest. Her crimson colored hair was up in a ponytail with one eye hidden by her bangs for no reason other than she liked it this way. Of course, her eyes narrowed as she was joined and the young man went so far as to mispronounce the name of the young individual. She thought to correct him just a bit. "It is the one they were talking about then. His name is Kumori Raizen and apparently he just became Vice-Captain of the Tenth Division." she said, thinking about it more they should likely be at the academy already but they'd likely be on time anyways. As such she stood up a bit straighter hands on her hips, in a rather obvious attempt to cover her wandering eye. "And yeah, we should be there already, but... how about a race~ Shusuke-kun, I don't think you've ever beaten me and it's gotta be getting to ya' by now~" she quipped and without another word she'd disappear from the rooftop using the fast movement technique Shunpo.

"Kumori. I feel like I heard that name before," the young male said with a quizzical expression. "Vice-Captain already? That means a lot. Including..." With the redhead darting off to initiate the race she'd suggested herself, the lad called Shusuke took off after her. In his first step, he was able to catch up just in time to finish his statement. "... being way out of your league," he said, taking an additional step to pull out ahead toward the academy. During this time, the newly appointed Vice-Captain on the ground below looked up, shifting his gaze in the direction these two had gone.

As she had already gone, the red haired young woman didn't only heard the first part of his statement. Apparently in catching up with the young woman the young man known as Shusuke finished said statement and took the initative to step in front of the young woman in this race of sorts. His words made her eyes widen as she immediately became defensive. "Out of my league?! Please, it isn't even like that... I just wanted to know what all the fuss was about. Not like I like the guy or anything, I don't even know him," she said scoffing and seeming indifferent as she took several more steps to increase the distance between the pair. She didn't at all intend to let this young man win anything, and her usual teasing personality came out. "I'm just saying, if that's the best you got, your future graduation prospects will be grim. Saya-sama will be so disappointed~"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast