Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [10th Division] Courtyard

"Blah blah blah! I liked a girl whose name I didn't even know once. She got eaten by a Hollow before I ever learned it," he replied. He continued moving forward, but seemed to be falling behind a bit step by step. Meanwhile, Raizen began walking away from the courtyard, sharing a few words as he moved. "Taichou! I'll be back later on; I've got that class arrangement today!"

A week after she received a visit from the redhead young woman who called her dojo home, the former Vice-Captain of the 10th Division Kisaragi Saya found herself standing outside of the Division. She was dressed instead of in her Dojo attire in the modified version of the Shinigami Uniform which included a short pleated skirt and a long sleeved top closed off by a red ribbon instead of the standard white. "Himotoya-taichou, you really didn't have to go through this much trouble..." she whispered to the smaller platinum blonde woman who seemed to be stunned she'd even say such a thing. "Oh hush, Saya-nee, I'm too happy to have done anything else. You have your leg back and you wanted to come back to us. You even took a demotion so you could be here. How am I not supposed to make sure your sacrifices are celebrated," she said Saya could only shake her head, pushing glasses up onto the tip of her nose. Still Saya was quite happy, and she still had the small redhead girl to thank for this moment.

This moment was strangely enough an outdoor party being thrown in the 10th Division's courtyard. There were balloons and food set up, stands with different kinds of food and light paper lanterns hanging from the branches in a large sakura tree. It seemed like something of a celebration and one which the Captain of this Division likely figured would take place for an extended period of time. Members of the 10th Division would be coming up to the black haired woman wishing her well, inquiring into her coming back and even just hanging around. The 10th Division had a lot to celebrate in the last few weeks and this was just another of a series of rolling parties being thrown for the Division.

Well into this apparent party, the present Vice-Captain of the Division made his return. He had been out on leisure for quite a few hours, and was surprised to see the festivities occurring when he arrived. He moved through a crowd of Division members en route to where he assumed the Captain would be, and upon seeing her, he stepped to her fore. "Tadaima. Taichou, what might this all be for?" he asked. Apparently, he was completely out of the loop for once. He knew not of Kisaragi Saya's return, so of course, he had no idea why Saori was throwing this party. He'd been far too engrossed in his own outings to be keeping up with such things.

Saori was soon greeted by her Vice-Captain. It would be in this moment that she'd realize that he wasn't here when she made the snap decision to throw this party nor had he met their new third seat. "Oh... wow..." she said thinking about it more. "So I just realized you weren't here... but good news!~" she said seemingly amused and happily bouncing between her Vice-Captain and her now Third Seat. "This is Kisaragi Saya!! She was my Vice-Captain before, when I was really young and fresh on. She was out with an irreparable injury, but it was fixed. She came back!!! She's gonna be third seat, so I threw a big party to welcome her back..." she said.

Saya being one of general respect and all gave a bow to the new Vice-Captain, "Kumori-fukutaichou, I've heard of you. Nice to meet you," she said seemingly in the same mood she had been when the young man popped up. She didn't want his seat or anything, she only wished to be part of the division she'd been part of for so long.

"Taichou... I told you this morning that I had plans with someone today," Raizen said, wondering how this managed to go over the head of his Captain. Either way, when he received the news regarding this party, Raizen's eyes widened. He'd heard of Kisaragi Saya prior to his recruitment to being her eventual replacement, but the thing that bothered him was the fact that an irreparable injury had somehow been repaired. This wasn't something he could or would voice, but he most certainly logged it away for later. Saya greeted him, prompting Raizen to bow gracefully before the woman. "Kisaragi Saya... yoroshiku. I've heard much about you as well, dating back to the days before I even entered the academy. It's an honor to be able to work with you."

Saori looked to Raizen and her eyes went wide, she thought really hard and eventually remembered the lad mentioning he'd be out for leisure the first half of the day. "Oh yeah, sorry you have no idea how much stuff is going through my head!" she said seemingly abashed by her lack of memory. Saya sighed and looked at the Captain of the 10th Division shaking her head. "So... brilliant and still forgetting everything said to you... Nothing much has changed in six decades... I'm surprised," she said to the obviously younger Shinigami who seemed to go wide eyed then her cheeks puffed up and she frowned deeply. "Look you don't understand there's so much stuff in my head," she said frowning deeply. "Uh-huh, I suppose that is better than one person I know, who purposefully deletes all unnecessary information, including the names of people she doesn't respect or deem interesting enough..." she said playfully rubbing the Captain's hair, it would seem they had an interestingly playful relationship, similar to the one shared between Saori and Akiko."You know someone like that now... what have you been doing out in the Rukongai?" said Saori in a playful manner as she move her hair back in place.

To Raizen, she nodded. "I heard your graduation from the Academy is relatively recent and you weren't there for long. What an interesting kid you gotta be, I look forward to working with you too," she said finding this man to be different from what everyone mentioned about him. Though she knew about his recent imprisonment she didn't bring it up, as it was unimportant to their meeting and something about this lad gave her that same feeling she got whenever she looked upon a new person with a bright future. "I ran a dojo in the 3rd District of the Rukongai, trained some brats in Shinigami Combat and sent them to the Academy. Ya' know to keep myself busy... my nephew is still there now,"

"You could always get rid of something if it's affecting your ability to retain information for mere hours. As a Captain, I would think you'd be more pressed for having strong short-term memory," he said. With this, Raizen intended to do nothing more than state his opinion on the matter of Saori's seemingly awful information retention. Little time was spent on this topic, as the one called Saya was proving to be the greater focal point, thanks mostly to Saori's own efforts to create these festivities. "Ah, so you're the one. I sat in on a few sessions of last year's Kidou class at the academy. There was one particular student who, despite her attempts to hide it, showed signs of someone used to fighting other Shinigami, and of someone with skills far beyond even the fourth year of the academy's teachings. I dare say your training regimen reflects your record, Kisaragi-san."

"Who needs short term memory when you have people around to remind you of stuff~" said Saori about her lack of memory. This had simply always been that woman's attitude and as such she seemed to be fine with not always recalling minor details told to her when she was thinking about other things. Moving right along, it seemed the former Vice-Captain of the 10th Division had been busy while she was gone, and it seemed beyond this that one of her students had made a bit of an impression on the young man before her. At the mention of a student who seemed to be well beyond the Academy's teachings, she could think of only one of her students who would end up in such a situation. "Oh did she? You didn't point it out did ya? Before she left she proclaimed that she was going to try out not being at the top of the class..." she said thinking of the rather forceful girl that was one of her students. "I'm glad she retained a bit of her training. Instincts are hard to deny and they'll save her life someday..." she said. "Not that I can take all the responsibility for that. Though I'll probably go back to training recruits around here if neither of you minds, I could use the exercise, getting used to having both my legs again... " she said waving it off. "Wait who'd you train?" said Saori who'd been completely not paying attention to this conversation.

A chuckle escaped the raven haired woman as she pushed her glasses up on her nose. "A little redhead named Niwatoko Benihime, one of the recent Academy graduates..." she explained, not expecting the woman to know her. She was then further surprised as Saori looked at her with wide eyes seemingly stunned and recognizing the name at the very least. "Wait, you trained the girl that won the Tournament of Power Seated Officer's Bracket?! And you didn't tell me?!" it seemed like something amazing. Saya had no idea what this Tournament was so she simply looked wide eyed. "She did what with who?"

"That way of thinking doesn't seem like it will serve you well in the long haul," was all Raizen had to say to his Captain. With the curiosities of Saya on the table, Raizen felt compelled to clarify a few things. "Only in a roundabout way. It was the first class, so there was a certain amount of expected ability. I could tell the key differences between gifted and seasoned, is all." He figured this was ample explanation for Saya to understand the situation from the academy. As for her wish to train recruits within the 10th Division, Raizen couldn't say he was opposed to the idea. "I see no issue with it. I find myself being a bit busier in my personal life lately, but if it's exercise you're looking for, I could also offer my services," he said.

A brief exchange between Saya and Saori occurred involving the 12th's 5th Seat, and part of this chat involved a tournament which the former was unlikely to know about. Raizen took it upon himself to do the explaining again. "A tournament was held in the Seireitei some months ago. This student of yours defeated the best Seated Officers the Gotei currently has to offer, and went on to join the Vice-Captain's bracket of the tournament, in which she chose me as her opponent. It was... entertaining, to say the least."

"Sou ka, seasoned is an interesting way to phrase it, but it is also accurate," said Saya about her student. Though what none would know, unless the girl decided to share, was that she was seasoned because she took her combat to the streets of the Rukongai gallivanting about as a vigilante in the deeper districts of the Rukongai. Of course, that wasn't really important as none seemed to mind Saya's request to teach the other newbies, and Raizen even went so far as to offer himself up for a round of exercise as well, "I can't really say no to that. Maybe in a week or two when I got myself back together and I'm used to not having to find my balance. I'll have a go." she offered.

As they moved on in conversation, it seemed there had been a Tournament held among the Shinigami and her young student seemed to out pace the other seated officers going on to win her own bracket and even challenge a Vice-Captain. "Sou ka, she choose you did she? Better make that about a month then," she said upping the time frame on the amount of time she'd need to get herself back together before fighting Raizen. "Also where was a tournament when I was seated, I was always bored and the only people who ever wanted to fight were in the 11th Division," she said thinking back on previous times where things like tournaments didn't really exist. "Saya-nee raised a super awesome fighter, bet you're super proud... though I'm surprised you didn't know about it. Don't people usually share accomplishments like that... Also I came up with the Tournament, so that's why it didn't happen before." said the Captain of the 10th Division. "Ano, Himotoya-taichou, you probably shouldn't keep calling me Nee, you're my Captain remember?" mentioned the black haired woman who went on to address the woman's actual question. "Also no, she isn't the type to tell anyone anything, she'll do whatever she likes. Hell, I didn't know she'd graduated until she showed up at my place a week ago. I still don't know what seat she is, but I'm proud she kept strong and is accomplishing things she wants," she said of the lass who was the best of the Dojo students. "I'm your Captain then I'll call you want I want, Saya-nee." said the Captain with all the attitude of an impetuous teen, it was strange to her that a young person wouldn't share with their mentor their accomplishments but she also didn't know the red haired lass very well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast