Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Japan] Karakura Town

[Japan] Karakura Town

Karakura Town (空座町, Karakurachō; lit. Empty Seat Town) is a settlement in the Human World, located in Western Tokyo.

A Senkaimon would open over the city-scape of Karakuracho and out of it would come a portly looking brown haired woman, accompanied by a class of 10 youngsters all dressed in matching uniforms with swords strapped to their person if everything went according to plan. "Gather around everyone the soul should be nearby." she mentioned as she pulled out a small device, which looked like a human world cell-phone. While she did this she checked the screen and heard a semi-constant beeping noise. Benihime would exit at her same middle point in the group looking down and scanning the entire area. Something about being here felt a bit too exposed for her general liking, but this world was interesting to look at. Soon enough the beeping would become constant as the woman lead the group over a couple of rooftops. She paused and looked down. "There do you see. This girl is the soul we are looking for, it's time for her to cross over." she said about the young girl of about six or seven who'd apparently died in this dark alley.

Among the students stepping through the Shouji was Nomura Daiki, who began at the head of the crowd, but tapered off a bit after entering the human world. His slowed pace would soon leave the crimson-haired fifth selection of this year's applicants walking beside him. Upon noticing this, he chose to speak. "Do you also find it annoying that there's only one Jigokuchou?" he whispered, leaning in the young woman's direction. "They really don't want us wandering off, huh..."

Soon enough Benihime found herself approached by the boy at the top of their class. More directly he lagged behind to walk beside her and asked her a question which made the young woman cut her eyes in his direction. She did find it annoying that there was only one soul butterfly and it was linked directly to their portly teacher. "Unlike most instances I am used to, that direction doesn't seem to be a challenge, which I will admit is more than a bit annoying. I am not really into this large group dynamic," she said of this kind of grouping. "You weren't thinking about sneaking off, were you?" asked the redhead in a hushed voice with much curiosity. Though it was only about 11 people total, it was still more of a liability than she would like if something was to go wrong, as there were possibly only two people she could count on to take care of themselves. While these two whispered to each other the teacher demonstrated the use of Konso for everyone present. Her own Zanpakuto a wakizashi which she carried on her left side. "Look you can't linger here, it's dangerous..." said the teacher to the little girl's soul. While she looked back to the class she continued talking like a teacher which was a bit surprising. "I'm going to send you to the Soul Society it's where you belong now." the small girl before her looked a bit stunned but simply nodded. The portly woman pulled her zanpakuto from it's sheath and flipped it around so that the base of its hilt touched the souls forehead. It left a glowing blue kanji there before the small girl disappeared. "Sometimes you have to explain it to them, so they don't freak out, but tapping their foreheads with the base of your zanpakuto will send them to the Society where they will end up in the Rukongai, be given a ticket and sorted into one of the 320 districts. Though not all districts are super safe, but... it's better than them potentially being attacked by hollows and lost to the balance here." the woman said which eight of the people in the group seemed to be really into.

"I was considering it," Daiki replied while looking through the corner of his eye and grinning at the redhead. Personally, he knew enough about Konsou from books and the like. As such, he did not need this lesson. Something also told him Benihime didn't quite need it either, but that was a thought for another time. For now, it seemed their brief conversation had taken place as the lesson was being wrapped up. It was a bit wasteful to have come all the way to the material world just to watch someone pass a soul to the next world. "Honestly, I think I'd rather be in a different class."

"Me too..." said Benihime of sneaking off. It wasn't like she enjoyed following directions in the first place, nor was this particularly fun for her aside from coming to this new place. The entire lesson was wrapped up while these two whispered and this let her know that the lesson was as straight forward as the previous explanations she'd received of it. It seemed this boy she was talking to, also already knew of this sort of thing so they weren't missing out on much. "I am only in this class, because my asshat of a lazy friend said he was aiming here. I wouldn't have bothered showing off at all if I'd known I'd end up with..." she paused. "Something doesn't feel right..." she said, immediately after stating this, the cellphone tucked into the waist of the portly woman began beeping an alert very different from the one before. She looked at the image and seemed to be disturbed. "Come on class it's time to go." she said ushering everyone along trying not to panic and putting herself at the end of this particular set of people. As she pushed them back towards where they'd come from.

"Get ready." these were Benihime's words as her hand hovered over the sword at the left side of her waist because behind the teacher as she turned around was a massive hollow with a white mask and frog like face. It's body was easily twice the size of this portly woman and its mouth was open and leaking steam. "Tasty Shinigami!~" the thing spoke but said speech was wild and beastly as it immediately aimed to capture the portly woman who dodged left surprisingly nimbly. "Stay back! I'll handle this." the woman said as she aimed to run up this things arm while turning her weapon around. Killing a hollow was a rather straight forward task, and to be expected during the gathering of so many with spiritual presence.

"With...?" Daiki questioned, seeming to be listening intently until Benihime paused and mentioned something being amiss. Shifting his gaze about, Daiki kept his senses open for whatever this redhead was picking up on. "You're right," he said while unsheathing an Asauchi with a golden hilt and blade, and a guard which featured a scale design. The thing which initially troubled Benihime had revealed itself as a Hollow, and immediately assaulted the instructor of this group. "I'd like to say she can handle it, but... is she really fit to be fighting Hollows still?"

Daiki's question was lost to the girl as she prepared, with all the people backed in with them and their teacher claiming they should stand back she sighed though she hopped towards the outside of the group to stand with Daiki as she figured the pair of them would soon enough be responsible for the groups well-being. "I know a woman missing a leg who is more fit to fight Hollows," Benihime said a she watched this woman move up the Hollow she'd knew she'd be captured pretty soon. "There will be an opening in a moment. You should take it when it makes itself clear..." Benihime was obviously much more used to combat in this sort of dire situation than most would be. As such she was preparing something else entirely since the other boy had his sword out already.

Their teacher to her credit was doing pretty good getting up to the mask of this hollow but soon enough as she hopped back and forth she was snatched clear across and slammed into a building. The hollow capturing her around her body and snapping her arm so that she dropped her weapon. "Tasty, tasty..." it said as it moved to chomp down on the teacher much to the dismay of eighty percent of the class. 'And this is why I don't like groups,' the redhead thought. The remaining eight would soon find themselves surrounded by a clear dome barrier. "Oi, I know this is scary and all but you should be quiet and not draw attention to us. And maybe, most of you will live through this." she mentioned to the masses before she also disappeared. Having at his first meal the Hollow was completely open and distracted to the movements of the others nearby.

Benihime's statement resulted in another glance toward her by Daiki. "So, that's where you developed those skills," he said as his attention returned to the Hollow. Benihime seemed to have the right idea for approaching this situation; one that he could quickly agree with. "Hai. Back me up," was his only request as he readied himself and began an incantation. It took only a few moments for the instructor to not only be overtaken, but also bitten by the frog-like Hollow. "Hadou no Juuichi..." Daiki began a spell while in the process of approaching this Hollow from behind. It was his aim to thrust the blade of his sword into the Hollow's back, at which point, he would immediately complete the spell. "Tsuzuri Raiden!" If his blade found itself within the Hollow's body, then the Hollow would soon find itself with an electrical current being sent through its body by Daiki's Zanpakutou.

It seemed Daiki was okay with following what Benihime had to say than she thought he would be. Most people didn't initially take her advice in situations like this, but she supposed she'd have time to question that more later. After setting up the barrier she watched for the proper opening as the Hollow tried to finish off the meal that was their teacher. "MMMmmm~ So good, I'll be strong too!~" he murmured while he ate, seeming to have lost sight of everything else. Such a thing would soon cause him many problems as Daiki aimed his Zanpakuto charged with an electrical kidou at the back of the frog Hollow. This would send a charge well up the back of the beast and cause it to let out a scream as its body tried to compensate. "No fair, when my brothers get here, they'll get you. You'll see!!" his screech carried over the distance quite a bit, but while he was paralyzed Benihime could been seen running up the side of the building drawing her own Zanpakuto as she reached the area over the beasts head and began a rapid spinning motion to add further destructive damage to her weapon. "Die." she said and there was much seriousness in that statement as she brought her weapon down upon the face of the hollow's mask slashing through it with added centrifugal force and a spray of blood as its body began to disappear. "NOOOO! NO FAIR... MY BROTHERS WILLL.... THEY WILL...." it screeched and then a few seconds thereafter its body disappeared completely and the young redhead twisted her blade to rid it of any blood before sheathing it and falling back to to the level of the others whom she planned to release from their barrier. Though something about what this hollow had said bothered her deeply. She'd been studying a lot long before she entered the academy and never before had she heard of Hollows gathering nor acknowledging familiar relationships. As she pondered this thought the confusion on her face would be rather obvious.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast