Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Japan] Karakura Town

'Brothers!?' Daiki thought. He, too, was disturbed by the concept of a Hollow acknowledging some form of relationship with another. As far as he knew, Hollows were all lone survivors who would turn on even each other for the sake of further empowering themselves in some cases. More to the point now, Daiki's Asauchi was jerked from the back of the Hollow as Benihime's weapon cleaved through its head. The frog-Hollow's disappearance resulted in him falling to ground-level shortly after the redhead. "Did he say... brothers?" he asked. As if on cue, the barrier between Hueco Mundo and the human world was then torn open by force, in a Hollow technique known as Kuumon. From this tear in space, a Hollow that stood about three stories tall emerged, with a bulky, more humanoid frog-Hollow on its shoulder. The giant Hollow was one Daiki recognized, but never expected to see outside of a textbook.

"That's... a Menos. Why is there a Menos?" he wondered aloud. "Ain't that a shame. Nii-san's gonna be mad when he finds out you killed one of us. Whatever. I didn't like him as much anyway. And hey... you guys can feed our new brother!" the smaller Hollow said, referencing the Gillian-class Menos Grande beneath him. Daiki was quite bothered by this entire ordeal, but most bothered by the fact that this "Menos" wore a mask that was different from what he saw in the books, but they were all said to be identical. "Heheheh! I'll let somebody else deal with this. Don't get eaten too fast! One of us will be riiight back to pick up this guy," the small Hollow said as he leaped back into the portal.

"Yeah, definitely what he said, brothers. Didn't know hollows had brothers, that wasn't in the textbooks." the redhead said, glad someone else had noticed the thing she'd found most disturbing, but before she had a chance to properly talk this over with what was apparently the only real intelligent life form besides herself in the First Class, there was something which demanded her attention and one of the most candid reactions. "Well shit. Why are my first days at stuff, never good days?" the girl questioned aloud to the universe. But this Menos was indeed very different from the standard ones shown in textbooks. And Benihime had the privilege of seeing both old and new textbooks and she knew for a fact the image was the same across the board. The smaller more humanoid hollow who spoke to them seemed to also proffer the idea that hollows were apparently into the ideals of interpersonal relationships. He did this before disappearing while leaving behind the giant entity he rode in on.

"I don't know if we can kill this thing..." she started sizing it up and feeling the energy. There was every possibility that they would not in fact be able to do anything sizable to the Menos now threatening their very lives. "But given the conversations with these hollows, whoever is writing the textbooks, should probably be fired." she said, lightening her own mood quite a bit. "Any bright ideas, 'cause I can't open a Senkaimon and unless you can... I don't really have an idea that won't kill one or both of us. Though I should add, we'd go down in a blaze of glory." she admitted. Since he was most likely to help her out she figured she may as well be honest.

"Wonderful. Hollows have brothers, and we have big brother long-shroud to deal with," Daiki griped. In the face of such an incredible presence, he was frankly at a loss. There was no perceivable way for them to deal with this threat, especially considering their instructor's attacker had only been dealt with in a moment of tactical advantage and cooperative attacks. "You can't open the Senkaimon, I can't open the Senkaimon, and I'm pretty sure that Jigokuchou will only respond to the instructor. I don't have much hope for coming out of this alive, but it doesn't look like we've got much choice. If I'm going to go out in a blaze of glory, though, I'll take you at my side over anyone else I've met today," Daiki stated, readying himself for an all-out attack to do as much as physically possible to this Menos.

"Sprinkled on the bones of the beast! Sharp tower, red crystal, steel ring. Move and become the wind, stop and become the calm. The sound of warring spears fills the empty castle!" The incantation of a spell was suddenly spoken by the voice of a man who'd recently left this very group. Upon hearing this, Daiki traced this voice's sound to its owner, eventually spotting Kumori Raizen in the sky above the Menos. His right arm was outstretched - palm aimed down at the Hollow - with a sphere of golden electricity within it. "Hadou no Rokujuusan: RAIKOUHOU!" The concentrated sphere in Raizen's hand suddenly let loose a powerful wave of Reiryoku, resembling a lightning strike, upon the Menos. This Hollow seemed to somehow have enough intelligence to look up and behold the spell falling upon it, but still all too late, as it was quickly overtaken. It seemed to be resisting quite nicely, but Raizen continued to channel the spell. "Hrooooaaaaaagh!" More and more energy went into this blast, until Raizen saw it rip through the Hollow's body. Soon enough, the Menos began to fade away; the same being the case with Raizen's attack. Once it was all over, the newly-appointed Lieutenant lowered himself to ground level. "Huff... Hell of a first day," he said, looking to see who the Hollow had been targeting prior to his interjection. "Oh. You're that class. What are you guys doing here?"

It seemed that the other most qualified individual in this group also couldn't open a Senkaimon so this group of relatively defenseless souls was stuck out here. A sigh escaped the young woman but still she supposed she had to die one day, might as well be this one. The words of this young man reached her ears as she prepared for a fight she had no doubt they wouldn't be coming back from. "Yep, you're not half bad yourself. If we were gonna live longer, I'd ask your name. If we survive remind me to ask." Benihime said as she smiled cockily. It seemed this was going to be the worst of any first day she'd ever had, and also the last, until of course she heard a strangely familiar voice.

She also traced said voice back to its owner and was immediately relieved as he cast a spell which allowed him to completely destroy the hollow which had previously been thing she thought would cause her direct death. 'Ah, Kumori Raizen... I might actually like that guy,' she thought feeling immediately better about not being hollow bait. "Sugoi! That's so cool!~" she said, the last time she'd tried to use that particular spell she'd fallen unconscious due to reiatsu expenditure. After he defeated the Menos in question, it seemed that the Vice-Captain of the Tenth Division was content to ask about what the class of beginners were doing out in the material world. "We were almost dying, thanks for that by the way," she said thinking about it more. "And our teacher brought us out here to demonstrate a Konso. Then she was eaten by a frog hollow. We killed that... but then two more showed up... One left behind that Menos you just killed and then said he or someone else was coming back," she explained the situation as she sheathed her weapon once more. "Be a pal and open a Senkaimon so we can get ourselves and the other eight back to the Seireitei before we get ourselves killed, please."

"Not very big on names, huh?" Daiki asked. He knew this redhead's name, simply from hearing it called during orientation. He supposed, though, that she was quite different in the end. Moments after this exchange, Raizen stood before the group and received the information - regarding their presence in this world - from Benihime. "Sou desu ka... And none of you thought it was strange that you were brought to this world on your first day of class? I thought something was odd about that instructor, but I still don't know what it was. My class was taught indirectly how to perform Konsou." As he spoke, Raizen unsheathed the strangely glowing katana that was his Zanpakutou. While holding it in front of him, he turned it like a key, opening the Senkaimon while sending his Jigokuchou with the others. "Go. I'll stay behind to deal with whatever Hollows come back." With that said by the Vice-Captain, Daiki nodded, shifting his gaze toward Benihime briefly before darting off. Assuming she remained at his side all the while, he offered his name before entering the Soul Society. "Nomura Daiki desu."

About a week after Benihime's last chat with Daiki, she'd pulled herself together enough to finish her research. In so doing, she put together enough of an argument to get her an extended stay in the World of the Living to study the influx of Hollow activity within a city called Karakura. She stood atop a light pole outside of a Gigai, her presence supressed by the bandages she wore strapped over her chest. Her hair pulled up in a wild ponytail with wide bangs and fringes which covered most of the left half of her face. She maintained an unreadable expression, as she watched the opening of a Garganta through which several powerful Hollows emerged. 'Ano, these have all been standard... maybe I miscalculated,' she thought as she continued to watch. Of the group which appeared, several spread out, but the girl still made no immediate moves, 'Come on... something...' she thought, but after a few moments there was nothing. Instead of harping on this, she moved to begin dispatching the Hollows, her left hand coming to rest at the blade on the small of her back.

Her movements were quick and well placed, each step she took closed the distance between herself and a Hollow. A singular slash all that was needed to dispatch of four of these. The humans they preyed upon, none the wiser about their close encounters with death. The only thing they might have felt that hinted at the presence of anything was a gentle breeze as the redhead crossed between them and their impending doom. The final Hollow she cornered slowing down to walking pace. It caught sight of her and immediately changed its mind about the prey it wanted. Leaving a small human child at a street corner it sauntered down a dark alleyway hidden in the shadows of a building. Its form that of a giant muscled bipedal toad with a mask with a wide grin so that all the teeth of it couldn't be seen looking at it straight on. "SHINIGAMI!~ HOLD STILL!~" a tongue emerged from its mouth aiming to extend and trap the girl in sticky wetness. This was avoided fully at the last possible second as she hopped up, her body parallel to a building as she aimed to stab her blade down into this tongue, leaving it impaled against the ground as the hollow screamed in agony. "BIIIIITH!" the lisp creating by the things un-moving tongue muscle seemed to amuse her a bit. "So, I've been watching a couple of days I am tired of waiting. Open a Garganta here." she said rather calmly.

For the duration of Benihime's Hollow hunt in the human world, Kumori Raizen stood atop a tall building several blocks away. He had himself positioned in such a way that he could clearly see the redhead from afar. He'd even concocted a new spell: a barrier-type spell which functioned as a magnifying glass. This spell angled itself to continue keeping track of the woman while she dispatched a swarm of Hollows. Raizen wondered what sort of purpose she'd come here with, but soon enough, there was something else to behold. This spell also allowed him to hone in on sounds coming from what it viewed, so Raizen was able to hear the demand given to the final Hollow. This brought rise to his right brow. "What might she be looking for..."

The frog like hollow with its wide head seemed to recognize that it was being held hostage, and seemed afraid. But what the girl asked of it, it rather interestingly didn't want to do. "Nii-san, won't..." it started, which made Benihime look at it. "Yeah, yeah, Nii-san won't like it, still don't know who that is, nor do I care..." she said which only made this particular squirm. If it was trying to free itself though it would find that a bit unlikely as the girl hopped down on the hilt of her blade driving it in further. "Before you get any stupid ideas, I don't care if they are going to kill you. I'm going to kill you... it's simply your choice how fast that happens," seemingly to have no choice in the matter the Hollow acquiesced to the girl's wishes. A wicked grin coming over its face as the fabric of this dimension seemed to rip accordingly. Benihime's eyes widened as after a moment or two, she recognized the thing she was looking for. "Sugei! I was right..." she said aloud as she looked into this portal, but with this opening something much bigger than the one she was holding came through the portal closing it behind him.

"What? I thought there was food, opening a gate like this, just to leave..." said the hollow which took the appearance of a giant floating jellyfish. Whatever had opened this portal for him, no longer existed, the second it was obvious something else would come through, Benihime hopped off of her sword and pulled it from the ground in a spinning motion, doing so allowed her to instantly dispatch the Hollow she'd used as bait, so that she could focus on observing her actual target without the hostage Hollow giving away too much information. Such a thing was not really what Benihime expected and it didn't look too much like anything she'd seen before. What she was looking for in this moment though she found, a marking on its underside which rather perfectly resembled a spider. The feeling of it when it came through the gate from the other dimension as well was what she expected, leading her to believe that these smaller Hollow were somehow acting as scouts helping feed these larger ones and them out of harms way. "Well, that is confirmation of organization, or maybe just hierarchy. But what why do some of you have those spider marks and how do you get the other hollows into the Soul Society?" she questioned aloud, this was mostly her own thoughts being laid out before her and it made the jellyfish Hollow finally turn towards the girl. "Bakana... when did you..." Benihime grinned at the thing which didn't seem to understand when she'd gotten there.

"I am the one asking questions, which you should answer, we'll get to the dying part much faster that way," she said seemingly only interested in this beast as a scientific development in trying to figure out how these creatures had managed to appear within the Soul Society at least twice without knowing how they'd gotten there. The jelly for its part floated further up and out of the alleyway. It seemed it didn't like direct confrontation, it began to spin shooting off various seeds which knocked human souls out of their bodies allowing them to turn their attention to Benihime. They were all connected to the Hollow by invisible strings which was rather strange and admittedly new. "Alright, that's different... I like different." The young Shinigami followed her target seemingly bemused by the tactic. "What will you do Shinigami?! I outnumber you now, we'll take you, then I'll eat all these souls and yours to become even stronger! Nii-san will be so proud!~" it seemed this Hollow was a bit higher up on the intelligence scale. The redhead was surrounded in a circle of people but she didn't seem worried about it her sword still gripped in her left hand. "Stand still," another of these seeds flew directly towards the girl but she didn't move, and if one looked at her face, they'd see the smallest of smirks appear.

Raizen was content to silently watch this interaction between Benihime and these Hollows, particularly when the one with a strong likeness to a jellyfish began to face the woman. This Hollow had some very peculiar abilities, from what Raizen could see, and he finally came to realize what Benihime had been checking for. This was also something incredibly intriguing; the simple fact that this lass had come to notice these previously incognito markings on Hollows put her a cut above most others in terms of attention to detail. Most Shinigami tended to dispose of a Hollow without bothering to note its lesser physical oddities. "Raizen, I thought we had an understanding; you know I'm opposed to you doing this," spoke the voice of a woman who was, in fact, the spirit of Raizen's Zanpakutou manifesting beside him. "You live inside me, Mugen. You should know better than anyone that I don't care if you're opposed to this. The simple fact that you are, is only more reason for me to seek my answers. If you're going to insist on being so over-protective of me for whatever reason, you have nothing to threaten me with if I go against your wishes. Now... let's take a trip." With that said, Raizen unsheathed his Zanpakutou and triggered its Shikai transformation to its khakkhara form, and the woman at his side disappeared. The eye at the head of his weapon opened, and in that moment, Raizen entered a Jinzen-like state. In doing so, however, he did not enter his own inner world; he instead used his Shikai's eye to view Benihime and enter her inner world. His physical appearance remained hidden in the strange forest he found there, but as a side-effect of this occurring, he appeared as a shrouded apparition while his own inner world leaked into this one, causing the blackening of the skies and the opening of many eyes in said sky, all of which possessed kanji with different numbers up to six, instead of irises. "Hmm. What a strange place this is..."

"Tenchikaimei," Benihime's shadow exploded outward of her person in this moment, stretching to look something like a multi-petaled flower as she released her Zanpakuto. "Yakouboku." The statement made the Zanpakuto change into a longer formed sword with a red hilt and sturdier guard. It also maintained a hollow blade which was swirling with energy, energy she'd poured into the blade herself while the seed flew towards her. At this very moment everything around her, every human soul and even the seed itself had stopped moving, because the girl had poured enough energy into the technique to control each and every shadow which had contact with her own. 'Sou ka, I can use it this way... what did you call it again?' she thought as she held her finger beneath the seed. 'Kuro Higanbana, and I know you know that silly girl. I didn't tell you it worked like that, you're giving me anxiety doing things like that...' said the voice of her Zanpakuto spirit in her head. This only made the young woman chuckle. 'Mouthful of a name, but I guess it's too late to shorten it. And please calm down, if you should know anything about me, it is that I don't like doing things exactly as written, live a little, Yakouboku~' she chimed in her mind. In the mean time, she caused a minute shadow to appear on her finger allowing her to take hold of the projectile to analyze it while the Hollow watched in horror. "It's not possible..." said the beast which only made Benihime cut her eyes in its direction. "You know, no matter how many times I hear that from something I'm about to kill, it never really gets old," she said. 'Nothing to say?' Benihime questioned of her Zanpakuto Spirit who seemed to have gotten unusually silent. Even so, she planted her sword in the ground holding the shadows and thus the souls of all the people in place, this Hollow now had nowhere to go, but it thought itself clever. "Oh but you can't move, I have you Shinigami!" it aimed to rush her quickly but again the small girl didn't move.

Meanwhile her Inner World was being, rather peacefully invaded. "Benihime, you're making yourself hard to look after... I swear you do this on purpose," she mentioned as the entirety of the forest seemed to shift and move. Red eyes were all over the grounds, peeking from the shadows created in the trees. These would only seem to get bigger as the sky of irises descended upon this creatures inner world. Yakouboku for all her knowledge seemed to think this shift strange as looked at the sky, and it made her wonder how such a change had come about. "Where..." she asked, and the vines and trees moved, the forest opened up as Yakouboku moved within, her light grey skin seemingly darkened one fang protruding from her tiny mouth her eyes appearing to be large glowing and red. As she shifted around looking for the source of the intrusion. His shrouded self would soon be found, mostly while Benhime was speaking so she ignored the girl, to instead defend what was theirs. "You weren't consumed by the darkness... why do you walk here, making our world darker than normal?" she asked seeming to find it strange that someone else could actually manage to get inside.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast