Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Japan] Karakura Town

Raizen wandered virtually aimlessly through the forest of thorny trees. During his travels, he spotted an approaching woman who, since she wasn't Benihime, certainly had to be her Zanpakutou spirit. She had a very strange appearance, but stranger yet was her mention that he'd not been swallowed by the darkness of this world. "Of course I haven't. I couldn't have possibly been dragged into something like this. I mean no offense, of course," he said while creating a window for the sake of viewing the outside world from Benihime's perspective. "I am here to observe. Besides... my presence alone is making you stronger, isn't it?"

Within the dark thorn filled forest, Yakouboku came across the source of this intrusion, an individual shrouded but not unfriendly. This man went on to say that he could not be swallowed by something like this world which made a smile break across this woman's face. He went on to say that he meant nothing offensive in such a statement and she simply shook her head. "No, we are sure of our limitations, and it is quite true... Still, most wouldn't venture into the dark," she said as the man created a viewing panel and went on to explain that he'd merely come to observe and he made an observation about the nature of their powers. She nodded, "The presence of light creates stronger bonds with the shadows. It makes the darkness more vivid and alive, I can admit that..." she said. As she knew this to be the truth, and to be fair, the girl's own mindset lately had drained a bit of the vitality from the darkness which was the life's blood of the creatures. A world which was supposed to be plunged in darkness created by a blackened sun positioned like a moon was obstructed, and glowed only dimly for weeks. But these moods in the girl, would pass eventually... not that anyone really needed to know that. "Oh look, she's figured it out already, clever girl..."

As sure as these words were spoken, Benihime, was outside with the jelly fish hollow flying towards her. Apparently under the impression that she couldn't defend herself or dodge because her sword was presently holding the shadows of everything else which threatened her. AS it flew towards her though, a spike of shadows emerged immediately in front of her person, impaling the Hollow and causing it to let out a screech as it was so shocked by this. "BAKANA!" the screech also carried with it another sound. "I am not so simple as that. And let's be honest, if I'd moved I wouldn't have gotten to figure out this cool thing. Also, never get tired of that..." she said as the darkness spiked through it branched several times emerging from several different places in its body, including one through the top of its mouth to keep it from being able to screech again. "Now... what's with the spider mark, why is it only some of you... what makes you special?" she questioned. The girl was well and truly curious of course, but this Hollow wouldn't be able to answer, it's body was being consumed by the darkness and soon its soul was cleansed added hundreds to the forest of thorns which was her inner world. Dark glowing red eyes appeared in various places as this influx occurred but with this taken care of the young woman sighed. "Yare yare, I'm going to have to do it again... Ugh, I only have a three day pass. I guess... I'll report back and get another one..."

"I'm not like most. I'm not afraid of the darkness," Raizen replied to this spirit. When she spoke of light and darkness, he looked to the blackened sky, and its effect on the surrounding world. "Interesting choice of words. You can see the light, then? Here's a fun fact; this world has no light remaining in it right now. Everything is pitch black. For you to see the light in this world now, you've assimilated perfectly. You're about as free as her," he said, drawing a comparison between this Zanpakutou spirit and another. "Tell me... what has your Shinigami been required to do to gain your power?"

Meanwhile, the slaying of Benihime's most recent victim caused a stir among the "family" of Hollows. Another Garganta opened in the vicinity, providing a path for a stifling Reiatsu exceeding that of Captain tier. This Reiatsu belonged, of course, to the emerging Hollow, which boasted size and shape no different from that of a muscular adult human. Its mask was eccentric with violet lines surrounding an obvious spider-shaped marking on its forehead, and its entire body seemed armored by the same material its mask was made of. Each of its arms contained extensions in the form of long blades; its shins had them as well. "So many of my brothers... felled by the hands of a lowly Shinigami. I've had enough," was all this Hollow had to say when it stepped into the human world.

"Oh? That's different..." Yakouboku fully expected anyone who ended up in this place without originating here to have a problem with it. Or at least, be a tiny bit skeptical of its nature. "Oh? That's strange, sounds like something she'd say..." she said thinking of the inquisitive nature of her Shinigami and the girl's habit of testing things as she felt like it, only to explain afterwards. Of course, as this voice continued to speak it seemed that he was curious about the relationship between Yakouboku and Benihime. The woman had her large clawed left hand holding her chin as she spoke. "Required? No, it isn't like that. I only needed her to trust me so she could hear me properly. She can have any of my power she wishes, she needs only ask or be in obvious need of it," the woman said speaking of her relationship with the redhead fondly. Though initially their bond had needed trust, once it was established she'd not withheld anything, allowing the young woman to grow and diversify her own skills as she saw fit, with the only limitation truly being her own imagination.

While, Yakouboku and the dark apparation had a conversation in Benihime's inner world. The girl herself was rather suddenly accosted by the intense feeling of a high grade spiritual pressure. This quality of this Reiatsu could easily be likened to that of a Captain which made the redhead wary for the first time since she'd been in the human world. 'Ugh... that, isn't good.' she thought but instead of moving away or hiding she moved towards it, obviously she needed to see, and what she saw, both amazed and confused her to no end. 'Sugei, that's really different. I didn't know they came so small, nor so strong... it's like a Menos, but way better. I don't... understand this,' she thought, but she wasn't truly afraid. No she was excited this was something completely new and thus something worth looking into. "Oi! Are you better than average in intelligence or am I going to be talking to myself again?" she asked it rather directly as she spoke up from several meters away.

"Does it? I'll bet," Raizen replied, seeming somewhat skeptical of this Zanpakutou. The research he'd done had led to much information, which had in-turn led to much speculation. He'd read ancient tomes of the Kumori family, and discovered the identity of one Rikuo, who'd lived during the time before surnames were necessity. By the time he married, his crimson-haired betrothed possessed the surname Kumori, which he took for lack of having his own. This couple went on to become the progenitors of the Kumori family, but the interesting information was what remained of the woman's former family, and how they'd come to strike a deal for power drawn from a Valley of Screams. "Yakouboku, how much do you know about yourself?" he asked, only to divert his attention to the outside world and the powerful Hollow Benihime now faced. "Sou ka. She's baited out one of them."

The Hollow looked toward Benihime with relative disinterest. There was no denying that she was solely responsible for the deaths of many other Hollows this one called brother/sister. Perhaps it was time someone far stronger intervened and dealt with her personally. "To ask such a question... you obviously must not be, for you know not the perilous situation you've walked into by picking apart the others. What did you hope to gain from this, Shinigami?"

The boy's skepticism made the Zanpakuto curious. Why had he come here if he didn't wish to speak with her directly about something. And why not simply ask the girl directly about her powers and abilities if he was truly only curious about that. Benihime was secretive by her nature, but she shared with some people, and anyone who understood her abilities to any real extent could be counted among those whom would be interesting enough to share with. But, soon enough the reasoning behind this line of questioning became clear in a shining moment as Raizen questioned what the Zanpakuto spirit knew about her own existence. "You are asking questions like you already know the answer..." a smirk came over this beings face as she recognized another likeness between this voice and the one which belonged to her Shinigami. Given this though, she knew it was likely for the best to sate all curiosities immediately and simply answer the questions presented to her, "I know enough to know what my purpose is, and enough to follow my creator's wishes and help her any way I can, until... I can't anymore..." this being found it strange. But before any more could be said there was the matter of the thing Benihime was dealing with which was something which Yakouboku had never properly seen before. "Ano, why do I get the feeling she's doing that thing again that makes it almost impossible to keep her safe?" she said aloud rubbing her clawed hand over her face.

Moving along, Benihime's new Hollow friend spoke in complete confidence and arrogance as he answered her allowing her to know several things about this being within a few seconds. "Oooh, arrogance and complete sentences, not simple rhetoric. You're a different class of being altogether, something that happens when you've had ages to get full and pick a dominate personality~" she seemed amused, this was beyond anything she could have expected. "To be fair, I am mostly just doing my job. Like noticing when Hollows are new and organized. Noticing when Garganta are opened up from within the Seireitei to let powerful Hollows in, and trying to figure out, exactly what is causing this diversity. Like what's so special about the ones of you with spider marks. And how come you get smaller as you get more powerful, are you like condensing in there?" she asked, seeming only curious. The girl's inquisitive nature was one thing, the fact that she'd also simply been hunting hollows as a way to grieve came in as a very far flung secondary reason for her present rampage. No, there was far too much information to be found in this moment for her to care about things already done.

"Until you can't anymore, as in... until the contract is fulfilled. That's about what I expected," he said about the nature of this Zanpakutou. With this information, he had all he needed to complete his theory, and basically accept it as fact. Now, he could comfortably move on to the matter of current importance; that being the high-tier Hollow Benihime was faced with. From within this world, he could tell this was going to be quite the problem for the redhead, so he decided on something. "Impossibility is just a mark of necessary effort. If you care to double your efforts... you could always join the fight." With that said, Raizen looked toward the viewing window, which was now more of a portal into the material world for the Zanpakutou spirit to travel through.

"You've got some nerve, Shinigami," the Hollow spoke. He'd come all this way to kill this Shinigami, who'd gone to slay his brethren, and now she stood questioning him instead of fighting. This was a strange ordeal. Whatever the case, he'd not be standing for this individual's antics. When next he spoke, his left forefinger rose to point in Benihime's direction. "I'll not be answering your silly questions. You're going to die here, and that will be the end of the cycle that has been lessening our numbers." These words marked the charging of concentrated Reiryoku with a violent color at the tip of his finger. This was released as a blast with a wide arc, in the form of an ability called Cero; something only seen used by Menos-class Hollows. It carried the strength of a spell tiered in the 90s as it spread across the space separating the Hollow and his target, aiming to incinerate the woman where she stood.

"Yes..." she said, something about this hidden man having this sort of information and being inside of her inner world was a bit disturbing to the Zanpakuto spirit. But as no harm had been done here, she didn't well seem upset about it. And beyond this they were soon moving on to something entirely different which was the problem being faced by Benihime right just now. Though this would soon be something this cloaked figure offered an answer to as well. "I suppose, I could..." she said not bothering to question this any further. "Arigatou..." she said as she slipped through to what would have likely been a very disstressing scene to most.

Benihime was presently being told by this Hollow that she wouldn't be living past this moment today. Beyond this violet Reiryoku began forming at the tip. "So I've been told..." she said about being told she had nerve, in fact this sentiment was one shared between Hollows, Shinigami, and even her own Zanpakuto about the girl and her antics. Even so as this charged attack came towards her it seemed like there was nothing she could do, her body seemed to disappear into a blast of energy which was meant to incinerate her. But... if one paid close enough attention they would see her form appear to the left of the Hollow a second after the blast consumed her. After she left behind a tangible clone, to take the damage and give her some thinking time. 'Yare yare, that is some strong Cero, it's really not fair if they keep those kinds of abilities and gain intellect with their power... they are becoming a bit too much like Shinigami for my liking.' she thought of the hollow. From the girl's shadow a tall winged woman with white hair and grey skin emerged her large clawed hand coming over the girl's left shoulder as she visually inspected the Hollow and tried to prepare for her comeback. But instead she was pulled into the woman's very real body which was a rather stunning revelation to the young woman. "You know, when you do things like that you give me anxiety," said Yakouboku as she spoke in such a way that Benihime was utterly stunned. "Excuse me? I told you to live a little, not show up outta no fucking where after ignoring me," the girl said, before changing her mind. "You know what, one problem at a time, Hollow is Captain strong and stupid upset apparently about lost brothers, I thought about jabbing that point but it seems fruitless... So... if you've not told me anything else I could find useful in this moment, by all means," the girl said which only made Yakouboku smile. "Well, I mean... you have the necessary skills have you actually tried cutting him?" she asked which made Benihime scoff. "Note to self... useless for strategies. Why don't you cut him, I'll uh do something else." she said, which made her Zanpakuto spirit move forward materializing a secondary copy of the girl's blade within her clawed left hand. Yakouboku moved rapidly aiming to run this new Hollow through the center of its body with the black swirling energy of her sword. Whether this hit connected or not, the small redhead would use her own abilities to manipulate the darkness to appear in the shadow of her Zanpakuto following up the aimed stab with a spinning slash which would take her around the back of the Hollow as she tried to cut it horizontally while in motion without giving herself too many openings.

The Hollow's blast moved unhindered through the intended space in which it was targetted, but this was not the end of his opponent. In a matter of moments, she was returning to attack him, with help from another individual, to boot. This new woman came toward him with intentions of stabbing him through the torso, which the Hollow strangely did not react to. The piercing that came as a result of this was quite shallow, as if it had been done with a small knife, due simply to the fact that this was all the Hollow allowed. The same could be said of the attempted stealth attack by Benihime herself; the Hollow's Reiatsu minimized damage to this level while not being exerted to full capacity. This was the Hollow's arrogance in the face of a Shinigami opponent. "Already, you enlist the help of another. The things you Shinigami do... I find laughable. I could kill the pair of you without moving an inch." At this point, the Hollow flexed its arms while raising them to either side. A pair of Cero blasts were charging along either blade attached to his forearms, and with their release, he created an outward-going horizontal ring of Cero energy to surround him 360 degrees and spread out.

"Enlist? She's part of me..." this was Benihime's only statement about her Zanpakuto. It seemed their attack didn't amount to much of anything, but to be honest, the redhead didn't expect it to, though he hadn't completely stopped the attacks from hurting him which was something immediately noticed by the redhead. "Enkosen," the use of this kidou spell along her blade, creating a large spinning disk of energy to block the coming Cero and gave her the ability to turn at an angle as this Hollow's Cero spread around it. Yakouboku appeared in the girl's shadow behind her reinforcing this barrier usage with the darkness created by the spinning energy on the girl's fore, so that the pair could continue on their little scrimmage against this Hollow which appeared to be something of a losing battle. "Not going to move huh? A handicap like that will get you killed too. What with ya' being a stationary target and all~" the girl said poking at the Hollow in a manner that would make most believe she was crazy or that she wished for her own death at the very least. "I thought cutting it was a bad idea, picking on it though... that's acceptable?" the Zanpakuto spirit said to the girl. "I mean... it's really easy to poke fun when nothing scary is happening." the girl said as she moved about a secondary time. "It's cool, obviously I'll be good without the help~" she said a devilish little smirk coming to her face as she moved again, this time she took the full frontal attack moving by use of Shunpo which would carry her from this creatures rear around to its left side where she'd immediately aim a concise slash there as well, in a downward motion. What couldn't have been figured out by others, was that these cuts as they were inflicted were placing the creatures of the darkness into them and giving them time to multiply.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast