Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Seireitei] The Streets

With the 5th Seat's apology and bow, the young male gazed in her direction. He had nothing to say, and also didn't seem to be fazed by these antics. This was simply the typical attitude he bore toward situations of this sort while on official business. As such, he remained silent during Setsuko's report. Jin accepted this speech by the woman, agreeing all the while that it was very strange of the 4th's Captain to behave this way. "No moves made, huh? I wouldn't think much of that, given the time, but... the 4th has been dispatched to pick up any straggling bodies. There aren't any bodies in the sky. Where was Oishi-fukutaichou at the time?"

Thinking about the nature of the blonde haired Vice-Captain of the 4th Division, Setsuko shook her head. "Oishi-fukutaichou wasn't with him. By accident or design he was simply wandering about unaccompanied by any of his Division members," she said of the Captain of the 4th Division. And sure enough given his path he wouldn't have encountered any of them on his walk either. It was becoming more and more suspicious the more she picked at the situation. Initially she thought herself to simply be shocked by the man's newly found manners. The other two girls had gone silent. It seemed that there was something amiss, simply by the logic that during the dispatch of the 4th Division the Captain and Vice-Captain weren't together. Even if they didn't know about the nature of this man, something about him wandering the streets alone during a potential crisis was more than a bit strange.

"Hmm..." Jin muttered with narrowed eyes. The more he learned about this situation, the more bothersome it became. Of all the Captains to potentially be members of this renegade group, the Captain of the 4th being one would be quite the issue. For all they knew, such a thing could have resulted in the poisoning or crippling by other means of many Shinigami. Jin was also rather quickly made to worry about the state of the 4th's Vice-Captain. "Kohaku! Find Oishi-fukutaichou immediately; we have to make sure she's not harmed, or somehow part of this! Setsuko and Tsubaki, shadow Okawa-taichou to keep him in our sights, but do NOT let him witness you! Noel, come with me. We'll all rendezvous near the 4th Division's barracks in no more than ten minutes. Understood?"

The otherwise silent Kohaku had been given his task, and with it in mind, he would speak once more. "Hai, taichou!" he said. Without further ado, the 4th Seat employed Shunpo toward the 4th Division, where he would take on his task as the advance search for its Vice-Captain. In only a matter of moments, he would be outside the Coordinated Relief Station, peering through its windows in search of one Oishi Megumi.

It seemed the Captain of the 9th Division became more and more worried the more the situation with the 4th Division Captain was explained. It would be rather obvious to any clever person why this was the case, someone like the 4th Division's Captain could gain access to any one within the Seireitei and under the guise of giving treatment do literally anything to them and no one would be the wiser. Given this information when given their orders to trail the 4th Division Captain, both Tsubaki and Setsuko chimed their agreement. "Hai, Ikaruga-taichou!" they said in unison as both of them suppressed their Reiatsu down to the most minute levels. And Tsubaki decided it would be best to follow Setsuko as she was the last person to see the Okawa Atsushi anywhere within the Seireitei. Their stake out would leave them wandering the streets ducking behind corners and hopping over buildings until they came across the man they were looking for.

Meanwhile, once he reached the 4th Division Coordinated Relief Station, Kohaku would rather easily find one Oishi Megumi. "Make sure all non-critical patients are rotated out as soon as possible. Easy wounds should be tended and dressed and patients should be discharged. Don't forget to clean the rooms after rotations." she said to the group at large before dismissing them back to their duties. The blond haired tall Vice-Captain of the 4th was giving directions to some of her Division members on the movements of patients. If one was familiar enough with the young woman, they'd note a slight bulge to her lower abdomen which caused the whole thing to slope upwards just a tad. This increase in belly size seemed to strain against her nurse's uniform ever so gently, but was hidden by a white coat over her shoulders. Her general look though was contributed to by the headgear she was always seen wearing which seemed to cup her face and end in a halo like attachment which held up her hair.

Meanwhile, the last piece of the puzzle one Ikaruga Noel was left standing with her brother as she readjusted her hat and prepared to be deployed. She was told she'd be staying with him. After the departure of the rest of her friends and Division mates, she could only show a slight bit of confusion in her face. "Nii-sama, were are we going?" she asked more than ready to move.

From outside, Kohaku laid eyes upon the Vice-Captain of the 4th Division, who seemed hard at work as per usual. He remained where he was to keep an eye on her, but nothing was out of the ordinary... bar the presence of one perfectly healthy 13th Division Captain within the room she inhabited. The blonde male seemed to be having issues with the goings-on at present. "Oi, oi!" he said, rushing about behind the woman to gently grasp her by the shoulders. "Shouldn't you be resting yourself? You're pregnant; you should be in bed or something...right?"

Meanwhile, Jin began to walk away from the original rendezvous point, assuming his sibling and 5th Seat, Noel, would be following suit. The lass wondered where they were going, but frankly, he had little in mind, other than simply keeping an eye on the green-eyed lass directly. "For now, we will be the reserve force. If any of the others need help on the fly, we'll be there for them."

After dismissing most of her subordinates, it seemed that Oishi Megumi still had someone else to deal with. Kohaku would get to watch as she dealt with the Captain of the 13th Division who appeared to be in perfect health. "Minato, I'm pregnant not an invalid," she said touching the left hand upon her shoulder while peeking behind herself to look at him. "And if we start letting this kid run our whole life before it is even born, we'll be consumed by it. Just relax..." she said offering him a bit of reassurance. He seemed like the type to benefit from added information. "Look, I am on light duty already. No heavy lifting, no really stressful situations or anything like that," she mentioned as she leaned over to peck him on the cheek. "Now, you can stay, but you have to let me work." she finished up.

It seemed that she and her brother were meant to be the reserve force of their current grouping. Noel found herself pouting at the idea, as it seemed that she was simply being kept away from conflict... again. "Hai... Nii-sama." she said as she followed along. Of course, she wanted to mention that she was perfectly capable of going out like the others had, but... somehow it was never the right time to mention such a thing. Right now was one such instance, and given this she followed along dutifully.

"But don't you run risks of like... I dunno, crushing the baby or something when you move around like that? It's hard to relax; I don't know how this stuff works," the 13th's Captain asserted. He didn't consider himself to be allowing an unborn child to take charge of his life, but he was quite obviously worried for the well-being of the child and its to-be mother. "See! You said you have to work. Work is stressful, and you said nothing stressful!" he exclaimed after receiving an explanation about her light duty situation. All the while, Hibiki Kohaku observed intently from the window. Though still nonchalant in his outward appearance, he whispered a few choice words which asserted his present opinion of the blonde Captain. "That man... is some kind of moron. I do hope it's not his."

"You're making me feel like you slept through every single lecture the Academy offered about medicine and anatomy." Megumi said after hearing the question about her potentially crushing the baby with her movements before he went on to exclaim that he simply didn't know how these things worked. A light chuckle would escape the blonde woman as she turned the full force of her gaze towards Minato. "I can't crush the baby just by moving around, it isn't even big enough yet to crush anything of mine from the inside," she clarified, thinking she should dig up some literature on the subject for the man to maybe set his mind at ease. Though she supposed there were worse things to be than a worried potential father to be, "And work isn't stressful. Not knowing what's going on, that's stressful. Plus I have literally a whole division's worth of helpers to handle anything physical," she said hoping the man would finally be set at ease. She wasn't even going to busy herself with much, in fact she'd been prepared to review a stack of discharge forms which she soon found herself settling into a comfortable plush office chair to do.

"... Eheheh," Minato chuckled nervously while rubbing the back of his head. In truth, he had indeed slept through the medical courses of the Shinou Academy. He'd managed to pick up on a few things, but he would never be able to pass as a midwife or anything of the sort. Either way, Megumi insisted that all was well. As such, he supposed there wasn't much he could say or do to dissuade her from continuing the way she was presently, so he stepped back and sighed. "Fine, fine... I guess I'll just get back to patrolling. Everything seems fine outside, though, so I think our little... renegade problem should be done by now."

Little did he know, the Captain of the 4th Division was presently being trailed on suspicion of being one of these "renegade" Shinigami. Still, he walked seemingly aimlessly through the streets, eyes on the skies all the while. What he would not allude to, was the presence of many, many invisible Hollows of a parasitic sort in the air. These Hollows had seen the lasses following him, and alerted him via some form of telepathic link they somehow shared. Two of these Hollows would be stealthily sent toward the Vice-Captain and 3rd Seat of the 9th Division, aiming to begin infecting them with the same affliction that had seemingly now taken three Captains.

As the Fourth Division Vice-Captain settled into her work, the Vice-Captain and 3rd Seat of the Ninth Division were busy following the Captain of the 4th. And though he'd visibly done nothing wrong, something about the way he moved about constantly looking at the sky made both young women uneasy. This instantly set both young women on high alert, though they weren't quite sure why. Both made eye contact and nodded at each other while making no moves to close the distance between themselves and the Captain of the 4th Division. They had been exceedingly careful and remained out of sight and as it stood the Captain of the 4th Division hadn't done anything more strange than his initial meeting with Setsuko. Even with all their precautions, soon enough both the Vice-Captain and 3rd Seat of the 9th Division would come into contact with invisible parasitic Hollows sent their way.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast