Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: [Seireitei] The Streets

"As do you, or whatever Hollow that Bakkoutou of yours came from, Ojiisan," Raizen replied. Frankly, he refused to accept this individual as Kumori, considering his present state of existence. He did, at least, find Mōryōmaru to be above the assault of Captain Ikaruga. This train of thought was given credence by the immediate recovery of Mōryōmaru, followed by the strange twisting and mention of a spell. Jin's eyes were wide; he was obviously in shock by the name of a spell, in addition to the sudden turn toward him. "Yare yare daze. Danku," Raizen spoke while closing his eyes. In that moment, Jin was engulfed by the electrical blast, seeming to be thrown away as it consumed his entire form. It could easily be assumed that there would be no more of this Captain after a point-blank spell of such caliber, but Raizen's sudden spell had been wrapped around the blonde male's body with pinpoint accuracy, and nigh-flawless timing. "I suppose I should give credit where it's due. At least there wasn't a full transformation forced by this Hollow presence," he said with utmost nonchalance.

"Oh? You think so?" the man questioned. "It wouldn't be the case if you'd simply join us... Obviously you're more than suited for it," said the man, as if it was the most natural assumption in the world to make. Of course, the fact that this former Captain had managed to handle one of the newer ones almost instantly and that his actions would have instantly resulted in the young man's death if not for Raizen's interference, only furthered Mōryōmaru's belief that himself and Raizen could easily topple the Gotei as it stood if they combined their power and genius. Benihime was rather stunned by the sudden use of Kidou, she'd been about to comment on the strength of that presented by Mōryōmaru but the counter presented by Raizen overrode any respect she found herself having for the Hollow man. "Sugei~ You wrapped it around him at the last possible second against something that strong~" it seemed the girl had no problem watching this and she also seemed to maintain some form of distance from the actual situation taking place here. It would be Akiko who looked towards the girl, having finally moved from where she was to check on the Captain of the 9th Division just like his younger sister had. "Really, Beni-chan? That's your commentary? Stunned by the kidou... okay." she said to the young woman. Akiko always thought this girl had an unhealthy fascination with things that should be left apart, much like her former Captain. That being said, the redhead's current state made the Captain a bit uneasy. It was as if she truly wasn't worried about anything, and this got her mind to working. 'I assume we're waiting for someone more equipped to deal with Kumori-taichou, as he is now. The way I figure it, it means they can only really be waiting on the arrival of one of three people, I wonder who will show up first?' Akiko seemed to understand at least part of the plan devised by Raizen and Benihime and wondered who the pair were waiting on.

Raizen's head tilted as Mōryōmaru spoke. He took issue with this man's words; it was as if there was true intention to have Raizen join the former Captain's cause, for whatever reason that would be. Now that the Captain of the 9th was temporarily out of the way, though, Raizen could comfortably step forward. "Mendokusai. If anything, Ojiisan, you should be offering yourself to my cause. I can clearly see why you were reputable in your time, but... you hit your stride four centuries ago, didn't you? That's why you sought to strengthen the Bakkoutou beyond what a Shinigami's own power could do. My power far surpasses yours." With these words, Raizen moved forward until he stood within a few meters of Mōryōmaru. His words and demeanor were both set in place to issue a challenge, as if he intended to lay waste to the former Captain himself. In all actuality, though, Akiko's assumptions were correct; he was simply waiting for one very specific Captain to arrive. In the meantime, he figured he could kill a bit of time by testing out his own abilities in a way he'd yet to be able to do properly. Mōryōmaru was quite obviously stronger than himself by a large margin presently, but Raizen needed such a thing to test himself.

Mōryōmaru scoffed at the lads words finally seeming to find something akin to anger as the lad so nonchalantly approached him. "Watch yourself, mago... If you plan to interrupt and insult me there is no reason I shouldn't kill you myself," with this in mind the man cast another powerful kidou spell as if it meant nothing to him. With Raizen in such close range he figured it wouldn't make much of a difference one way or another. A black box with a purple outline seemed to spring from his hand almost instantly. "Hadou no Kyuujuu: Kurohitsugi," his plan simply to end this boy's talk right then and there. His aim to encase him in a black coffin which would either end his life or incapacitate him enough that the man could take over his body thereafter. And though there was no incantation spoke the strength of this spell did far exceed the norm of what could be expected if it was used by a normal person. "Hm, that amount of arrogance has to be bred into people..." Benihime said though she was still content just to watch and see how this turned out while waiting for the real form of their plan to come to fruition.

After some intense commotion had been noted, the 9th Division's 4th Seat abandoned his watch of the 4th's Vice-Captain. His own Captain's Shikai had been released, and with such a thing being visible as far as the eye could see for so long, he felt it was time to check things out. When he arrived, he found not his Captain, but a fallen pair from the Ikaruga Unit, a still-standing Noel, two Captains, an unfamiliar redhead, and something that looked quite... Hollow. His words upon arrival were delivered primarily to the blonde 5th Seat from his own group. "Ikaruga! What's going on? Where's the Captain?" he asked. Soon, though, a single gasp would accompany his sudden inability to speak and breathe properly...

Mōryōmaru had accepted the challenge of Raizen by going on the offensive. The spell he chose to use was one of Raizen's personal favorites, but the young Captain almost took offense to the amount of power produced as the black box began forming around him. A scoff ensued, and was followed shortly afterwards by a cocky grin. "Chitchai ne~" he said as the mask of a Hollow began to form, starting at his forehead and encompassing his entire crown and face with its ripple pattern and trio of tomoe - two of which formed holes for Raizen's eyes. Raizen's Reiatsu was of a very formidable tier as it was, but the addition of this mask doubled it by adding the power of an equally strong Hollow. "I told you, Ojiisan... You've hit your stride. Kurohitsugi." With these words, Raizen began to form the very same spell Mōryōmaru used. His, however, was a great deal larger. Its size was more than enough to encompass Raizen, Mōryōmaru, and the latter's spell all at once. Numerous black boxes formed, rising from the ground to create a single, massive structure which brought forth the force of gravity within it. This would crush anything within, including the spell Raizen had been boxed in by. With this out of the way, Raizen stepped through a space he'd purposefully left during his own spell's creation, only for it to begin closing with the rest of the spell immediately afterwards. "Let's see if you're strong enough to not be crushed, Ojiisan."

Ikaruga Noel had been quiet for some time, she'd been watching her brother and keeping an eye on their other two fallen division members, beyond this she was also watching the goings on with the rest of the group. She still couldn't exactly follow what was going on here, but her summary of situation would be pretty efficient. "Hibiki-san, sumimasen. Tsubaki and Setsuko-san, both got taken over by something. Nii-sama and I came here to help them, but the Captain of the 4th Division was apparently secretly some Hollow with the face of a former Captain. Uh... what is happening now I am not entirely sure, Nii-sama, couldn't take the guy that came out of Okawa-taichou, he's unconscious beside Ayatsuki-taichou, she says he's alright. Kumori-taichou saved him," she said seemingly dazed by the explanation, and quite pleased with the actions of the Captain of the 10th Division.

While this explanation happened, Benihime kept an eye on Raizen and got to see him take the form of his mask without there being much of a problem. She didn't seem terribly surprised by this, but her eyes never left him. 'Sugei!~' she thought as her own Captain looked towards her. Mōryōmaru on the other hand was completely taken aback by the form this lad had, and how familiar he felt in this moment. "Bakana... this isn't possible..." said the man as his grandson donned a Hollow mask and doubled his output by that of an equally strong Hollow. Beyond this the lad then immediately cast the same spell around his spell and then rather casually stepped out of it. This went on to deal a great deal of gravity to Mōryōmaru so he couldn't move his entire body was pressed into numerous pieces it seemed like his body just collapsed under the pressure of this, but... when this spell cleared the oozy little pieces of the man's body would begin to reform, pulling from the skies numerous numbers of Hollows to aid in this process. "Sou ka, I was right about that... I wish I wasn't right about that..." Benihime would comment.

"Kumori-taichou?" Kohaku questioned while looking toward the occurring battle. Since Noel confirmed the well-being of their Captain, he had no immediate worries, but the fight he was now watching was something strange that was beginning to have an obvious effect on his stability. "Is this the power from the tournament..." he murmured. With the spells beginning to form, Kohaku found himself being dropped to one knee and breathing deeply. This was certainly something he'd have rather avoided coming to.

"Hoh?" said Raizen in the aftermath of Mōryōmaru's speech. At this point, he was outside of his own Kurohitsugi, and awaiting the effects of the spell. When it dissipated, he was able to behold his grandfather beginning to reform himself. "You'll have to clarify for me whether it was the spell, or the Hollowfication you spoke of." With that said, Raizen spared a quick glance in Benihime's direction. He then hopped into the air, landing atop a building before moving from one roof to another. His path took him closer and closer to the barracks of the 8th Division.

"Hai," Noel said, she seemed to be leaning up against the nearest wall as she explained, the spells created in this area were kind of a lot for her as well and she used the wall to support herself. She'd also rather not be in such close proximity to these sorts of things. Even so, it seemed that the other Captain and mysteriously enough the red haired female didn't show as much of a negative reaction to this. A quick glance from Raizen to Benihime and some cheeky commentary to the man's reforming grandfather and the Captain of the 10th Division had taken off.

Benihime caught the glance and moved as well, seeming not to bother explaining anything. Her steps would instantly take her from her position to the roof and then to Raizen's side as he moved forward. As Mōryōmaru reformed he would look towards his grandchild confused about a word the boy had spoken. "Hollow...fication?" it seemed it wasn't a term he was familiar with, even so he intended to chase the boy down, as soon as his wings reformed he took to the skies after the boy, taking the horde of Hollows with him.. "Don't run from me, mago..." he managed, he couldn't be shown up by a child on his big reveal. And as such this trio and the massive horde of Hollows began moving towards the Eight Division. Akiko found herself frowning at the movements. She really wanted to see what these two had planned but the idea of running to find out made her want to gag. "Ugh, why is always running with these two. Shit... I hate it," and she too turned in the direction of the 8th Division as she had a pretty good idea of at least part of their plan based on where they were heading. She also noted that nothing was spoken between the pair but the red haired girl who was supposed to be her fifth seat took off with the Captain of the 10th Division as if the pink haired woman wasn't standing right there. 'She takes orders from him... maybe he really will take her off my hands?' she mentally questioned.

"... Bakemono," was all Kohaku had left to say; he was quite clearly disturbed by the type and tier of powers he was witnessing. Raizen's retreat was met by chase, along with the order for him to not run. A sideways grin appeared on his face prior to his retort. "Hee? What, are you going to try and spank me or something? I'm a big boy now, Ojiisan," he replied. Soon enough, he landed atop a wall connected to the 8th Division's barracks and headquarters. Still holding the mysterious item in his left hand, Raizen chose to begin tossing it into the air repeatedly. It was during this time that he chose to address the earlier-questioned "Hollowfication" term. "Hollowfication is the power you lot gave to me. It seems to have been what I suppose you all would refer to as a happy accident. All research shows that I am a perfect Hollow-Shinigami hybrid. I can call upon this Hollow mask for a limited time to gain the power of a Hollow, in addition to my own natural abilities. You've already witnessed the kind of augment to my power it gives. I'm still not entirely sure which of you managed this, or how even, but even with time constraints... I find this to be leagues above that pitiful Bakkoutou possession you seem to have come up with."

Noel had to agree this class of beings were monstrous even by her own standards. That being said soon enough this 9th Division was pretty much left alone in this area as the Captain of the 10th Division, the 12th Division and even the little red haired young woman that no one else knew on sight had fled along with the monstrous reincarnation of the Hollow which had emerged from the 4th Division Captain's body. All in all this was the best possible outcome to such a situation.

Meanwhile, Raizen had some very cheeky commentary for his grandfather and this didn't seem to go over well, with the monster form of Mōryōmaru. Though it did garner a giggle from Benihime who seemed to find that whole situation hilarious. "Spanked? You're an adult, insolence is punishable with death!" were the words from this beast as it flew, when Raizen reached the place he wanted to get to he stopped moving and Benihime was at his side. "Yare yare, no humor in this one..." she said of the old man's obvious threat which seemed a bit much for such gentle teasing. "Perfect you say? That just makes it more necessary for me to have your body, mago," several Hollows descended in this moment causing quite the ruckus above the Eight Division. They aimed to take Raizen, all of them trying to latch on to the boy so they could incorporate him into Mōryōmaru's body.

In the meantime, a young black haired woman with a short hair cut was looking for her Captain, she'd likely find him somewhere sleeping. "Taichou, get up! There is a ruckus outside and I am pretty sure we can't handle it. Hell there is a Captain out there right now... you gotta get up!" she mentioned.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast