Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Seireitei] The Streets

"I was on a walk anyway," said this Captain about his happenstance presence for this apparent danger. He had no clue what they were up against, but he had an idea of what this ordeal involved. Looking to the sky, he spoke again. "Today is the day they move the Ouin. It should be shipping out right about now. Something tells me this isn't some random coincidence." While these two spoke, it became apparent that yet another Captain was present. The blonde male wearing the haori of the 13th Division appeared seemingly out of thin air near these two. "You're right. Good thing both of you are here. I'd have handled the situation myself already, but... it's Kenpachi," said the Captain Namikaze Minato. "No clue why, but he's got the Ouin, and he's acting pretty crazy. This isn't like him at all."

"Hai, Kenpachi's squad was in charge of it. But that's not the Nijo I'm used to either..." these were the words of the Captain of the Second Division as she also randomly appeared in this group of Captains. Surprisingly enough directly beside Minato, it seemed like this grouping of Captains was two pairs of friends who all had the same initiative in handling this problem that was rising in the Seireitei right now. "Kenpachi-taichou is acting strange... this decade is oddly busy..." said Tamamura who recalled another recent event where a Captain went completely astray and had to be put down, specifically by her. She couldn't help but wonder if this might have been related, but now wasn't the time for thinking too much about it. "Ouin... will grant an unwieldy amount of power to its user, all of us are probably going to be necessary to take him down... Besides that looking at the thing is against the law. Possessing it is a death sentence," said Tamamura who was somewhat familiar with the artifact without having ever set eyes on it.

When Tamao spoke of the illegality of beholding the Ouin, Minato seemed to shrink while looking toward Juri. In truth, he'd looked directly at the artifact while it was held by the Kenpachi of this generation, but he had nothing to say about this. "Uhh... yeah. So, gotta do stuff about that there problem. What do we do, though? There's got to be something else going on here; our Kenpachi would never do anything like this. We can't just kill him, can we? I mean..." Just then, yet another Captain made their appearance. This one was the well-known Captain of the 7th Division, Mutsuki Kagura. The black-haired man approached this group with his massive zweihander of a Shikai in tow. "No time for favoritism, I'm afraid. If Kenpachi's the one with it, he has to go down. You should know better than most that it's the only way to stop him," he chimed. At this point, the aforementioned Captain of the 11th Division became easily sensed to any, as his Reiatsu flared in absolutely vast quantities, far surpassing whatever he was previously capable of. His location could be pinpointed not far from Soukyoku Hill.

"Yare yare. That's pretty intense, even for a Kenpachi. This might be a problem for all of us."

True enough the death of the Kenpachi seemed like it may be the only way to deal with him. Though Juri was familiar with said Kenpachi she had to admit that what was going on here, whether it had higher implications or not had to be stopped. And it wasn't necessary an easy task when the man was in control of himself. In this moment everyone seemed to gather and know exactly where they needed to go. With this in mind a turn took place which would take them towards where the Reiatsu was felt strongest. Satoshi's words met the ears of a quite Tamamura who spoke up once more. "Yes, its a bit intense, but we are five Captains against one, I am pretty sure we can manage," mentioned the woman as she came to a stop.

As the crew of Captains approached, the brown-haired Kenpachi stood upon a rooftop in the streets of the Seireitei. As if this sudden bonus to his Reiatsu wasn't enough to cause some level of concern, he was not alone for longer than a moment upon making his presence known. Dozens upon dozens of Gillian-class Menos Grande began tearing through space to enter the Seireitei, but they did not seem to use their normal methods. In this case, it was as if portals had been opened from within, rather than from where these Hollows originated. What's more, these Gillian were all of a recently-discovered special variety. They all seemed to have some caliber of intelligence, and were also more powerful than the normal version. That aside, the quantity of Hollows present was enough to cover most of the Seireitei in shadows cast by their massive forms. Minato was the first to have something to say about this. "Well, that's a problem. Somebody's gotta deal with Kenpachi; I can work on these Hollows. Even I need backup, though. Juri?"

The scores of Gillian Menos were beyond what Tamamura expected to see in one place. As she looked out over them she soon enough found herself staring at the Kenpachi. Of course, it was her immediate thought that she would take him, but the sheer number of Menos was a bit daunting to say the least. At Minato's words Juri looked at the Menos and at him. "Hai hai, just like old times," she said as she prepared for battle removing her haori to reveal the dao type undershirt beneath in purple which seemed to look a bit like a spider in its design but left her shoulders bare. Meanwhile Tamamura drew her sword and flicked her eyes towards Satoshi, "Sato-kun, I did offer you first go at the threat. So after you," she said seemingly calm but acknowleging that the pair of them would likely be backing them up.

At Juri's acceptance, Minato drew the tanto he wielded on his back. The weapon immediately transformed, taking the shape of a three-pronged kunai with greater weight and size than the norm. For some reason, he launched this toward the 2nd Division's Captain instead of the enemy. En route to her, a golden flash occurred around the kunai and in Minato's hand, somehow producing a second copy for Minato himself. "You might want that," he said. With that, he discarded his own haori and kosode, revealing a male version of the Onmitsukido's keisen uniform beneath. Kidou energy suddenly erupted from his body, primarily his back and arms, taking the form of swirling winds. "Phew! Been a while. Which routine this time?"

In the meantime, Satoshi took the go-ahead and darted through various Gililan to approach Kenpachi. Satoshi was fast; incredibly so, and yet Kenpachi vanished from his sight before he could be reached. "Tch! Damn Onmitsukidou," he said, only to be corrected by another individual on the scene. "That wasn't Shunpo," spoke Kumori Raizen, the only Vice-Captain to have appeared among the group thus far. "That was some form of teleportation."

Juri could soon enough be seen cloaking herself in lightning, bouncing on her toes as she opened her hand and caught a kunai after a yellow flash occurred. She flipped it around in her palm getting used to its slightly increased weight over the norm. As this happened, she looked at a set of close by Gillian and decided on a routine so to speak for the pair of them to follow. "Out of practice? Mina-kun this is way too useful for you to not give it is proper usage," she said of the technique. Even so she triangulated between herself and two nearby hollows and a third and forth just behind that and grinned. "Fourth should do for this..." she mentioned taking off to start this a solid jump would lead her up the body of the hollow where she'd aim to run through a mask using a powerful kick from her legs.

Raizen's words to the Captain of the 8th didn't go unnoticed by the 6th Division Captain. She looked towards the only young man who'd actually managed to properly injure her in quite a long time and considered what to say. Given the level of this threat it wasn't really a place for Vice-Captains, that being said, it might be more of a problem for them than she'd like to admit. "Fantastic, meaning we'll have to take care of this first..." mentioned the Captain of the Sixth Division, who went on to raise her sword in a singular swift strike and immediately cut down a Menos. "Unless of course, there is a suggestion on the table about how to track down a teleporting empowered Captain," she finished as she flicked her weapon. It'd taken her a while to track down the Kenpachi the first time even after realizing it was him. It wouldn't be worth it to try and hunt him down among the mess of Hollows.

"Yeah, but it's so similar to my Bankai that I-" Minato's response to his long-time friend came to a sudden halt as he realized something about the Shunko skill when compared to his Bankai. "Wait, were you copying my Bankai!?" he asked in shock. Moving back to the matter at hand, though, the fourth routine run by these two was chosen by Juri. Looking at the Menos in front of them, Minato grinned. This was a good one to choose. "Hai hai!" When Juri took off, so did he. Minato's path took him toward a more distant Hollow, whose mask he slashed through an innumerable amount of times in the blink of an eye. This maneuver shred the Hollow's head into a thousand thin strips, killing it. The kill would happen simultaneously with the killing of Juri's target, at which point he would throw his kunai toward the woman at the perfect angle that, if she threw hers as well, the two would ricochet off one another and pierce the heads of two other Gillian. If this occurred, and since Minato had one of his own teleportation seals upon Juri already, he would follow the second pair of deaths by teleporting himself and Juri to their respective kunai to begin their onslaught anew with another pair.

Raizen stood with arms akimbo as the 6th's Captain replied to his assessment of the situation. He watched the slaying of Hollows while continuing to think through the ongoing ordeal, and the conclusion he came to was not very pleasing. "Kenpachi-taichou's Reiatsu has completely disappeared. That says these Menos Grande were nothing but a distraction from the beginning. Surely he's hiding somewhere, and he intends to use these to keep anyone from looking for him until he's done... something. Gomen; I have no idea what that could be," he said. True enough, this was exactly the case with Nijo Kenpachi. Rumor was that control of the Ouin required use of a Bankai, and though few would know, the current Kenpachi's Bankai had a special requirement which gave him a great deal of preparation time before he could release it.

There seemed to be a sudden realization from Minato about the similarity between his own Bankai and the technique developed initially by the leader of the Onmitsukidou. She couldn't help but chuckle at his apparent question, "I'd say no, but I feel like you wouldn't believe me," she said as she started her actual work. As they moved about they seemed to be in perfect harmony. She threw her kunai at the exact moment that Minato threw his, causing them to ricochet off each other and into new hollows killing those as well. It seemed their timing was still quite flawless, as they were soon teleported to their respective kunai and as such able to start on their new targets. Such a thing was rather amazing to watch, as such they continued with their work aiming to thin this heard while some of the others began work towards dealing with the more severe of their threats.

Tamao was soon scoffing. Kumori Raizen's assessment of this situation meant that until Nijo decided to show himself again, they were but sitting ducks. "That's still disturbing, what on earth could he be doing that he requires this much of a distraction?" she said seeming to find it strange, though since they couldn't dawdle she decided it would be best if they simply kept killing Menos. "Mendokuse, the Ouin requires a Bankai to wield, Kenpachi's Bankai... it has a charged release... so he couldn't immediately use it," she surmised. Though knowing this information didn't actually help them find him, it simply clarified why such a distraction was so necessary. "Oh well, we'll know where he is when it is released, until then... killing these Hollows is top priority," she said moving on to do exactly that, swinging her blade against yet another Hollow seeming to have to waste much less energy to do this than some of the other Captains.

And while this happened on the outskirts of this particular fight, a lone redhead wandered among the gigantic shadows created by these Hollows seemingly without being sensed by them. Her hand rested on the hilt of her Zanpakuto which was practically vibrating with the desire to be drawn. 'Sou ka, you like this do you, Yakouboku?' she said which made the spirit of her sword speak within her mind. 'Um-hm, you should use me here. I'm sure you'll understand... kill one of these!~ The forests are so quiet still...' said the voice. She could imagine the strange stitched together woman entangled in dark vines with thorns. 'You still speak in riddles... but... I've been wondering myself if I could take one of these now,' said the little redhead as she drew the ebony blade with her left hand having it flip around twice before she caught it again in a backhanded grip. "Tenchikaimei," she said with a small smirk developing over her face as she ran her hand over the blade, the singular phrase that would change her weapon to its released Shikai form, with red handle and a long dark blade which seemed to swirl with darkness even more so than normal. "Yakouboku," she finished as she looked at her blade. 'Sou ka... you really do prefer the dark, huh?' she questioned rhetorically as she looked up and then down at the giant shadows cast. She allowed her blade to touch the ground, the darkness of her own shadow spreading over the one nearest to her, this was something of an experiment to her and as such she planned to see it all the way through.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast