Thread: [12th Division] Shinigami Research and Development Institute

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[12th Division] Shinigami Research and Development Institute

The main function of the S.R.D.I. is to research and develop new technology and spiritual tools. They have invented countless items. Throughout the day and night, experiments are conducted at the Reinō Spiritual Ability Research Facility to develop new spiritual tools and instruments. The department brings together the Soul Society's top technicians, who were recruited by Ayatsuki Akiko. The second function of the S.R.D.I. is to measure spiritual waves and oversee communications. The Spiritual Wave Measurement Lab closely monitors the world of the living to ensure spiritual stability. The Communications Research Section oversees transmissions between the Human world and Soul Society, carrying out the other important function of the institute. If an incident occurs, things become pretty hectic, but otherwise, it is usually slow.

After a departure from a training ground of the Onmitsukidou, the new Lieutenant of the 10th Division encroached upon the institute owned and operated primarily by the 12th Division. The question of why he was here stuck in his mind, but there was no point silently wondering when he could simply enter the building and find out. As such, he let himself into the building, assuming whoever called him here would be somewhere nearby to meet him.

Soon after his arrival, Raizen would indeed be greeted but not in any conventional way. An apparently young looking woman approached, with a small pair of spectacles over the bridge of her nose. She had on a pair of red capri pants with a black belt and a large bell on it. Her lab coat seemed to be a modified haori with large closed paw like sleeves each of which had large cuts in the side which her hands slipped out of and were attached to golden rings around both of her wrists. The strangest thing about the modified haori lab coat was that it had two large openings at the middle one in the front which exposed her navel and waist line and one in the back which allowed two pink cat tails tipped in white to move about freely. The young woman's pink hair seemed to be done up in cat ear like fashion, but upon close enough inspection would could actually see a legitimate pair of twitching cat ears nestled into to her hair. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she approached Raizen, but before anything else she reached into one of her pockets and pulled out a small pink lollipop unwrapping it before unceremoniously aiming to shove it into the mouth of the Lieutenant. It would taste of strawberries and aid in the quick restoration of his beaten body, lest she have to deal with him, passing out before she finished her research session. "Ah, so you're this new Lieutenant everyone's been talking about. Had a busy day I see... wanna tell me about it?" the woman asked as she removed a silver colored lollipop for herself and had at it.

"Ohayou gozaima-" Raizen's greeting to the woman who came to meet him was cut short, interestingly enough by the woman herself. A lollipop being shoved into his mouth cut short an introduction which would have otherwise accompanied a bow, but judging by the speech which followed, this Captain was interested in getting straight to business. "... Sou ka. You really do have surveillance all over the place. You want to know about the Menos in the world of the living, don't you?" he questioned while momentarily removing the lollipop from his mouth, finding it to be a shockingly refreshing thing for a simple confection. Of course, he also made the hasty assumption that there was nothing "simple" about it, or anything else in this building.

The boy's initial speech was cut short, as he seemed to enjoy the lollipop he'd been rather forcefully given. He seemed to think she was watching all over the place which was partially true, but also not nefarious. "Ensuring the spiritual stability of the Material World is part of the job of this organization. We are always monitoring things, though it isn't outright surveillance in most cases, Juri wouldn't like if we encrouched upon her territory that much. But when very large disturbances happen during our normal operations, causes a bit of a fuss around here," she said. Her morning and early afternoon had been quite busy finding out about everything related to the Hollow attacks in the Material World earlier in the day, beyond that there was also the matter of the group of academy students which had been involved. "Besides that new things are interesting, and unlike the old, I believe the reports that something new was seen. So... tell me." she said, seeming to want to know more about this situation than anything else. "Also make sure you finish that lollipop, it will help you recover from the busyness of your day and ensure you don't pass out mid-conversation," said the obvious Captain of the Twelfth Division.

"Which is why Juri doesn't know about the observational equipment in this territory you speak of... right?" he asked, though mostly in rhetoric to follow-up on the Captain's initial clause. As he walked closer to the woman, he tossed the lollipop back into his mouth. The commentary about said lollipop was along the lines of what he expected after first tasting it. "I figured as much. I'll be fine regardless, but I can gladly accept a hundred percent over sixty," he said, casually stepping around the area within the lab. "What I saw... no... what I fought was a Menos. No ordinary Hollow could have shown so much power that it dwarfed the large Menos we know of. Speaking of the large Menos..." As he spoke, Raizen walked around the laboratory until he reached a large monitor that drew his attention more than most. A series of key presses pulled up the footage of his time in the human world, and Raizen manipulated the video feed until he could stop on the Gillian he'd first encountered. He seemed not to have a care in the world that he had tampered with the machinery in this lab without permission, or even a request. His attention now was solely on the information at hand. "Unless our books were outdated in the Shinou Academy, a Menos with a unique mask is unheard of. More importantly... look at its mannerisms. It has intelligence. It watched me kill it, obeyed the orders of the stronger Hollow, and probably would have done more if given a chance to live."

"Nii-san's right," said a youthful voice belonging to a boy, who suddenly stood between and behind Raizen and this division's Captain. He had golden eyes and tousled, white-blue hair kept out of his line of sight by a headband. "Menos are stupid because of how many souls they have in one body. This one's... less stupid," he said. During this speech, Raizen looked toward the boy through the corner of his eye. "Konbanwa... Tatsu."