Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: [12th Division] Shinigami Research and Development Institute

Hyousuke's knock would receive no immediate answer. In fact, no one would approach the door from the other side at all. What would happen, though, would be the silent arrival of another individual at Hyousuke's rear. A young boy with white hair and piercing, golden eyes of serpentine likeness appeared behind the raven-haired male. This child was none other than the 12th Division's recently-appointed Vice-Captain, Tatsuya. He made no noise whatsoever, until the precise moment of him speaking to the man as if he'd approached the gates with him. "Looks like no one's home. We may as well leave now."

Hyousuke jumped closer to the gates as he turned around. He reflexively was about to pull his Zanpakutō stopping mid ways upon seeing the young lad. He took in a deep breath taking his hand away from his partner, "Ah gomen, I didn't know you were there." He was both surprised and concerned about the fact that the white haired boy was able to approach him without being sensed or even making a sound. While shifting through his thoughts, he didn't notice that he was intensely staring at the young vice-captain. "Focus will you?" Sanyōsuru whispered. The young man came back to reality and began to explain, "Ah, I am Takenaka Hyousuke, 5th Seat of the 11th Division. I came because...I need some help from one of the scientists. I was wondering if I could request some assistance with a small matter since I am not capable of resolving it myself." He paused for a moment with a slight grit of his teeth before continuing, "I'm afraid I can not return to the 11th without aid." He bowed in front of the young lad not knowing his rank or position, "Please." His manner of speech was quite formal due to the fact that he was not in his own division, yet it would most likely be noticed that it was rather forced politeness. With this in mind he kept his upper body horizontal to the ground, staring at his own feet, until he would be addressed with a response.

Tatsuya wore no expression which hinted at any emotional response to this male, but that didn't much matter. Regardless of how he felt about things, people, or situations, his answers usually remained the same at this basic level of interaction. "Obviously. You said that with all the twitching," was his retort to the man admitting to not noticing him. More shared words between the two informed Tatsuya of this one's name, Division, and rank, as was typically custom. "Juunibantai Fukutaichou, Tatsuya," he replied to share his own identity. When Hyousuke spoke of needing assistance from the 12th Division, Tatsuya tilted his head 40 degrees left. Something about the way this man spoke was rubbing him the wrong way. "And why... would we bother helping you?" he asked.

As the young white haired boy spoke upon his final words, Hyousuke flinched. He stayed quite for a few moments. "Just be honest with him, he's not apart of the 11th, so I don't think you have to worry. Plus its not like we have much to lose in this case of being outed or just being denied...It won't change the out come. So get on with it." Sanyōsuru who was normally playful, took on a rather serious and concerned tone. "I get it, so stop sounding like that. It's weird when you sound like me." He tuned back in to the small boy in front of him, "I need to hide part of my Shikai. The 11th frowns upon anything that isn't melee, and I only just acquired mine but... one of the forms is a ranged and melee. Both me and my partner want to stay in the 11th, but I don't want to permanently limit him or call him outside of his name. I heard the 12th could help. I know I'm asking something difficult but I ask for the 12th Divisions assistance." Hyousuke had yet to raise his head out of manners for asking such a favor from a division he was not apart of.

He titled his head up to get a glance at the young boy, who had no trace of facial expressions on his face. Hyousuke had no room to say anything given his own face was lacking in emotions; however his left brow did raise at the pale skinned young lad who stood before him, before looking back at his own feet.

Tatsuya's eyes narrowed ever so slightly while this 5th Seat conversed with the spirit of his Zanpakutou. Hyousuke eventually got to the point of this meeting, and it was something Tatsuya had an immediate distaste for. However, it did seem to be the case that Hyousuke's Zanpakutou wished for this alteration as well. "Yare yare. You want us to alter your Shikai? That's the most annoying request I've gotten so far. And... pick your head up. I don't like when weak people act weaker; it makes me want to vivisect you." With that said, Tatsuya heaved a sigh and shut his eyes, deciding that he really had nothing better to do at the moment than take such a random request. "... Fine. Show me your dumb Shikai."

The raven-haired young man raised his head as he and Sanyōsuru gave a sigh of relief, however one thing didn't sit well with either of them but Hyousuke spoke up in defense, "You can call me weak I'm fine with that, but I would ask you to call my partner Sanyōsuru, not dumb." Though he spoke with respect he didn't like it when people thought less of his Zanpakutō. For him, Sanyōsuru was more like a best friend than a weapon, thus wanted others to respect him, at least in when addressing him.

Sanyōsuru laughed, "Idiot, you don't say that to someone who agreed to help us. You may not be weak from my point of view, but all of your lights are dim huh?" The monkey boy made another bad pun with his infectious smile of stupidity. This caused a grin to come across the young man's face. A snicker escaped his lips before swiftly drawing his sword, "Asobou, Sanyōsuru." with this his Zanpakutō would transform into a six foot long staff, which was red trimmed in gold lining. Hyousuke would then toss his Zanpakutō into the air as it broke apart into what looked a regular pair of nun-chucks of the same color scheme. Upon catching the golden chains that connected each set in each hand, it was clear to see that connected to the ends were guns instead of normal nun-chucks. He then held Sanyōsuru out towards Tatsuya for him to be examined.

The response Hyousuke had for Tatsuya made the boy raise a brow, then flatten his expression further. When he spoke next, he did so in a tone that reeked of annoyance. "'Let me inside, fix my Zanpakutou for me, don't call my Zanpakutou dumb, even though its name implies its stupidity.' You want a lot of things to not be offering me anything other than more demands from you. You 11th Division guys are annoying," he said with distaste. Of course, Hyousuke released his Zanpakutou, which boasted multiple forms. It did seem to be a melee oriented weapon, but with chambers which quite obviously functioned for projectile attacks of a Kidou-like nature. The 11th Division would indeed take issue with such a thing, but this was a much simpler request than Tatsuya initially thought. "Sanyousuru is right; the lights aren't all on upstairs. If you'd mentioned how simple this was in the first place, it could have been done already. Give it to me," he said while holding out his hands, intending to claim the Shikai before heading into his personal, all-purpose laboratory to begin work on the Shikai.

Hyousuke raised a brow staring at the young man, not replying until the bit where he agreed with his Zanpakutō. Handing Sanyōsuru to Tatsuya he questioned it, "And how do you know what he thinks?" The raven-haired boy didn't comment on the other statements made due to the fact that they more they talked the more it made him angry inside, despite the lack of expression on his face. Sanyōsuru sensed his anger and became rather uncomfortable in more way than one. The Zanpakutō went silent also wondering how a conversation held by the two of them was heard from an outsider.

"That doesn't concern you," Tatsuya replied while leading the way into his lab. "You should be focused on keeping that attitude in check before you do something that'll make this exchange fun for me, and hell for you," he concluded. Upon reaching the center of the laboratory, he placed the two halves of the Zanpakutou upon a scanning table which exposed the weapon to a tractor beam which levitated it. From here, it was a simple matter of Tatsuya interfacing with a console to one side of the room, activating devices upon the table which could, and would, begin drilling holes into the ends of the nun-chucks. "Sumimasen. This is going to hurt," he said, speaking this time to the spirit within the Zanpakutou as the drilling process began. Once this was over, the inner workings of the table would have completed the production of four golden caps to place on either end of each weapon. Two of these were specially made to leave the Zanpakutou's ability to reconnect into its original staff form. Further work was done to force the triggers and hammers of the "gun-chucks" inside the weapons, as to conceal them as well. "There. Simple. The gun function still works; all you need to do is apply your Reiryoku to load the chamber, and the new attachments will open to allow use of the Shikai's original purpose. You could have just transferred Divisions."

Benihime was soon entering the Shinigami Research and Development Institute, she wasn't tarrying at all as she approached. Joyful light skipping taking her straight to her own laboratory which was marked with the number three. Soon enough she was entering the pass code which opened the door and once it was opened several lights came on as well as screens which seemed to appear over keyboards which monitored several different spiritual areas of research. She's soon enough be changing several screens as she walked by, shifting the research from various mundane topics, back to the Hollows with spider marks, the archives about the 'Ghost Incident' which she now knew about, as well as her own personal findings about various Hollow powers and abilities. The redhead's eyes were lit up as she stared around the room before returning her attention to the person she figured was with her. "You said you were doing research with Aya-tai before, I assume you have your own access codes," she said as she began thinking about the best way to attack her newest project. She knew her happy entrance would likely bring the Captain of this Division to her quicker than even sending for her could accomplish, besides that her newest specimen was likely to have caught a bit of attention.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast