Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [12th Division] Shinigami Research and Development Institute

"Strong survival instincts... in a couple of Academy students?" the woman questioned in a mostly rhetorical fashion. "Tatsu-chan, remind me to look into that later," she mentioned as she stuck her lollipop back in her mouth. The type of brainstorming being done here, was something she rarely got to experience. Most weren't interested in hypothesizing or figuring out things that didn't work already, so she was enjoying this moment conversing with Raizen. His most recent statement made her smirk wickedly. "Your questions are brilliant. These are the sorts of things I intend to find out today. Of course, I can make guesses but without any physical evidence it would purely be conjecture and I like to have hard evidence before I make those sorts of assertions," the woman said with a hand resting on her hip.

Soon enough, the call of a specific name was answered by a young man who appeared to be more machine than man. This was of course, the point as the woman walked over to the computer screen so recently manipulated by Raizen and pulled up a couple of schematics. "I need you to go to lab six and set up this schematic with the materials listed. I need it done fast and then we're going to test it, by going to Hueco Mundo~" she said, to the younger boy's obvious distaste the woman could only laugh holding out a green lollipop for him. "Don't make that face Tatsu-chan, of course you can come along as well~" she said to him in particular before returning her attention to Raizen. "I spent the first part of the morning studying how the Hollows travel and I think I've figured it out. There is a rather distinct possibility of it failing though, I thought I should warn you, it appears that without proper Reiatsu control to create the path, one might fall into the void space between worlds, and disappear from existence. Of course, I will try to keep this from happening as much as possible, but I thought I'd warn of you of the possibility."

"Right away, ma'am," the man replied, wasting no further time in heading off to the aforementioned lab to do as he was commanded. Raizen's gaze followed this individual as he left. He found himself wondering what sort of modifications this "Yonsokei" had that would make him the equivalent of a Lieutenant, despite his obvious lack of Shinigami Reiatsu. He moved on rather quickly from this train of thought, though, and went on to address words spoken by Akiko. "Nothing has a 100% chance of success. With your ability to create a mechanical shell for a Mod Soul, and your ability to create Tatsuya." When this was said, the young lad that was mentioned looked up with curiosity, as if wondering how Raizen knew this information about him. Raizen took note of this, naturally. "Yes, I know about your Zanpakutou. There were two Shinigami in our class wielding Shikai. By the time you discovered my secret, I had already become able to sense yours."

Shortly after this exchange, while Tatsuya looked onward with widened eyes, Yonsokei tapped into the speaker system throughout the labs and spoke. "It has been done, Ayatsuki-taichou."

"Really clever," the woman said after Raizen spoke again. She was starting to feel like she'd sincerely missed out on a scientific mind now. One she would have been able to properly cultivate into a good lab assistance. "You wouldn't be interested in a transfer would you?" the woman asked right before the sound system would have interrupted. It seemed that whatever Yonsokei was capable of, it included being table to create within a matter of moments a device from a schematic designed by the Captain herself. "Follow me you two~" she said heading off to Laboratory Six. This one, appeared to be a large open space with sand and dirt inside within she'd find the device she'd asked to be set up, and a single computer to monitor that which happened within.

"Welcome to Laboratory Six. It is a good testing spot for this portal opening to Hueco Mundo. Also..." she paused at the computer and began typing instructions. This area was to be monitored for any kind of intense activities. As well as using her created android Yonsokei to take readings on the other side of this portal assuming it worked. After all, one wouldn't want anything to go awry without the proper precautions set in place. "Yonsokei, other side and do as I do, after this the portal itself should remain open and we'll have the ability to open it again from the other side if need be. This will be fun~" she said, assuming the other young man would do as she wanted she placed her hand against the far left pillar, forcing Reiatsu into it, and assuming something similar would happen from the android it would soon create the most god awful tearing sound as ripped a whole in space leaving a large ovular opening hanging in the middle of the sky. She'd glance over at the computer and find the readings to be stable. "Sugoi!~"

"You're not the first person to ask me that today," Raizen replied before hearing the announcement of Yonsokei, and being instructed toward the laboratory he'd gone to. His eyes darted from end to end of the lab upon entering, and never really stopped shifting about thereafter. All the while, Tatsuya looked curiously at Raizen himself.

Yonsokei did as commanded, working toward activating the device from his side. Once it opened, he stepped away to also have a look at the readings, while Raizen stepped forward and offered his attention to the portal itself. "Yep. Feels right," he said, basing his analysis solely on the sensation he felt from it, instead of data and the like. On his face was a grin most pleased during this moment, and a quick turn of his head brought his attention to Akiko. "I hope you don't mind..." Without so much as waiting for a response, Raizen leaped into the opening ahead of the others.

"I'm going to guess then the answer is no. Oh well, let me know if you change your mind," the woman said seeming to give up rather easily. Of course, there was the matter of the portal actually opening and her own testing of the readings would have left her a bit distracted, if Raizen hadn't commented that the portal's opening simply felt right. "Uh-huh... that is how you end up on an examination table, just saying..." mentioned the Captain who was finding Raizen to be more and more curious the more time she spent with him. Of course, she didn't get to properly elaborate on this as Raizen soon enough stated he hoped she didn't mind and simply hopped in without any further testing.

"What an interesting individual, Tatsu-chan, Yonsokei, let's go!~" she chimed hopping in after the young man known as Kumori Raizen and assuming her lab assistants would be coming along as well.

Several minutes after their departure, a strange form of Garganta would open within the sixth laboratory. One would note that the original Garganta was no longer open; this was simply due to a special occurrence within Hueco Mundo. The group returned with the same number of individuals who'd originally left, but there was a certain change in the roster. To be specific, the android known as Yonsokei was no longer with him, but in his place, was none other than the Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13. The boy Tatsuya darted out of the Garganta, performing a single twirl around the lab as he entered.

As a Garganta opened up in the lab a small white haired boy was the first to hop through. Soon after him a pink haired young woman with cat ears and dual cat tails also stepped out. "Eh, that's... really interesting," she said to the young man who'd opened it up. "Arigatou gozaimasu~" she mentioned apparently happy to be back in her own laboratory instead of potentially about to die in Hueco Mundo. Of course, she had plenty of information and just the right amount of information to start her new research. "And thank you to you as well Sotaichou, I'll have a batch of cinnamon lollipops made and sent to your office," she said as that person dressed ornately rather easily let themselves out towards the door. "I'll be waiting. Joushi, waro." and with that the Captain-Commander let themselves out of the office, with nothing more than a simple nod in the direction of the others present. But now there were several matters which needed to be tended to, including but not limited to, the recreation of Yonsokei, studying Raizen's physiology and recording the information all gather from Hueco Mundo.

"At least it worked," Raizen said, being the last to exit just as he was the last to enter. "I only had that figured at about a sixty percent chance. That's disgustingly low for me," he concluded. It wasn't until the departure of the Captain-Commander that he spoke again, this time also to Akiko. "Soutaichou said Hollow. I'm interested to find out how my Zanpakutou offered me the powers of a Hollow."

"Sixty percent? That's not bad for a first try... I've tried things at less than ten percent, but I have a gambling problem~" the Captain of the Twelfth said after giving the proper bit of acknowledgement to the Captain-Commander as that person exited the building. Soon after Raizen was speaking, apparently not knowing he'd been using Hollow abilities and going so far as to say that it was his Zanpakuto who offered him this ability. "Did you say your Zanpakuto offered you that power? Like inside your head, like while you were performing Jinzen in a really dire situation? Really? That... doesn't sound right..." said Akiko. "Alright then, it's decided, first thing were doing is examining you and your Zanpakuto," she said seeming to turn and head towards a different laboratory. "Assuming of course you actually want my help, come along, I got a nice examination table waiting for you~"

Apparently, Akiko was keen on taking incredibly risky chances, due to an alleged gambling problem. "No shown interest in gambling on that tea, though," he commented while taking steps toward the woman. She showed some small amount of shock or disbelief that his Zanpakutou had offered him these Hollow powers he apparently possessed, but honestly, he was having trouble believing it himself. "Hai. My Zanpakutou actually tried seducing me into using that power multiple times, only to look a little off-put when I finally accepted back there." Raizen's actions alone would admit to his interest in working with Akiko to discover the source and/or purpose of his Hollow Reiatsu, as he began trailing closely behind her the moment she started leading to another lab.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast