Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [12th Division] Shinigami Research and Development Institute

"Are you still on that, there are way more interesting things going on right now.... a date can definitely wait. Science! Way more important than date~" she said, seeming to find the understanding with this more so than anything else. Right after she finished speaking, it seemed that Raizen had something to say about the power he'd really been offered by his Zanpakuto. He went on to say it had been something of a seduction which was a strange term to use so she questioned it further while the reached the new laboratory. "Your zanpakuto... tried to seduce you into using that power..." she started only to come to a very shocking realization. "Is your Zanpakuto female?" she asked as they arrived in front of a laboratory marked 'Special Research'. Upon reaching the laboratory she'd walk inside and point to a nearby examination table. Against the far walls were several tubes which were growing several stages of body which looked exactly like the android which had originally accompanied them to Hueco Mundo.

"Says you. I'm just as interested to not think about the idea that I may be cut open at some point in the next few minutes," Raizen replied. Upon entering the laboratory that was their destination, the Lieutenant was questioned on the gender of his Zanpakutou, based on an earlier statement of his own. "Hai. Is there something strange about that?" he asked in return. As he moved around the lab, a few glances here and there gave him a bit of foresight for how this testing would go. A sigh escaped him as he sat upon the table, unsheathing the gleaming blade of his Zanpakutou to sit it in his lap. "Jinzen, I assume?"

Akiko seemed to find something in Raizen's speech funny, she laughed. "Oh please, you said nothing invasive, I wasn't planning to vivisect you or anything. Might just take a few samples, but nothing horrible, and I promise I won't do it while you can't consent. I'm mostly a 'moral' scientist~" the Twelfth Division Captain mentioned. Moving right along, Raizen answered her question about the gender of his Zanpakuto spirit and went on to question if it was something strange. "Hm, a bit yes. Asauchi are special because they can become anything. They are said to become a direct reflection of the soul of their wielder, as such they tend to share major characteristics with their wielders, including major personality flaws and gender. All research indicates that there is a very narrow chance of one having a Zanpakuto spirit that doesn't share your gender. That isn't to say it doesn't happen from time to time, it's just exceedingly rare, like once or twice a generation, so far as we can tell. Of course, it could be higher than that, and the people just died before they could know, or before we could ask~" the Captain noted as she calibrated several nearby machines and too standard readings of reiatsu output and the like.

Raizen seemed to be smart enough to asertain the sort of suggestion that the Captain of the Twelfth intended to make about his present situation. "Hmm, yes. Jinzen. Since you are, at the very least, already familiar with your zanpakuto spirit, asking directly will be the easiest way to find out anything. While you do that, I'll be monitoring your Reiatsu and scanning your body to get a better idea of the composition of your soul," the woman explained of the sort of procedure she was going to use. "I'm mostly going to be trying to figure out if your soul will retain stability. According to all known research trying to combine a Hollow and Shinigami in any way, ends in Soul Suicide. If you happen to be both right now, it could be something of a breakthrough, and I'm interested in it."

"Jinzen it is, then. I've been keen on finding out about her last words to me, anyway..." As he sat upon the table, Raizen took on a meditative stance to prepare for the ritual known as Jinzen. Before completely immersing himself into his inner world, though, he considered something greater. There was a much easier way to get this information while having Akiko gain knowledge of the situation as well, and the thought of this made him pause. As clever as he was, Raizen understood that even he could not fully rationalize this new discovery without the apparent knowledge and experience of the 12th's present Captain. As such, he sighed, choosing to reveal a great secret of his. "Before we begin... well... I trust discretion is something one such as yourself takes pride in. Mezamette, Mugen."

At his request, the Zanpakutou in his lap began to glow. He was not utilizing Jinzen, but instead materializing the spirit of his Zanpakutou. What was interesting about this, was the fact that this spirit was visible to anyone else looking, and even more... it was the 3rd Seat of the 10th Division, who joined alongside him: Tanaka Atsuko. "Ara ara~!" spoke the silver-haired spirit as she fully formed beside Raizen on the table. "I thought you didn't want our private life being revealed to everyone like this, Rai-chan~♥" These words were accompanied by "Atsuko" rubbing the cheek of the Lieutenant with a clawed hand. Raizen seemed apathetic to this somewhat promiscuous activity, instead choosing to address a matter of utmost importance. "Assumptions are interesting, aren't they? Until today, I've been under the assumption that my Zanpakutou wouldn't be able to give me Hollow powers."

The Twelfth Division Captain was face first in a computer, seemingly interested in her readings. Beyond this, she'd turned around and lean against the keyboard turning to look at Raizen while absently stroking keys. It would seem of course, that he was a bit worried about something and she could of course, sympathize, it wasn't every day one would find out something so life shattering. "Hai hai, science is like eighty percent secrets. Nothing leaves the labs, well unless you turn into something weird and I can't hide it," this was honesty from the Captain, which was likely what he'd been looking for.

Then to her utter surprise he didn't just begin the meditation which was Jinzen and instead named his Zanpakuto before her and made her materialize. The scientist's eyes widened and a glare could be seen on the lenses of her glasses as she tilted her head back and took in the sight before her. This was actually something she'd never properly seen before but it let her know many things about the present situation, more than most would be aware of. "Yep, definitely the most interesting thing, I'll get to know today. How weird you must be inside... This woman joined the 10th Division... she's the third seat... Tanaka Atsuko~" the woman said. she had knowledge of this because she had access to the rosters for all the division's seated officers. And they'd been updated today because of Raizen and a few other people. "Saori, picks some weird people~" coming from the Captain of a Division made up of people who were formerly or in the future going to be experiments of hers, was probably strange. But with her initial observations made the woman's eyes flickered to the screen checking the resonance between the pair and finding them to be something similar but just different enough that most likely wouldn't spot it.

"Himotoya-taichou knows all about this," said Raizen, who went on to rise from the table and begin pacing around the laboratory. Mugen, or Atsuko, remained where she was on the table. "Why wouldn't I be able to give you Hollow powers? They, like me, are your power." Raizen scoffed upon hearing this. As far as he was concerned, and given the limited information he had on the matter, this was absurd. "Explain. I've never been a Hollow. I was born in Soul Society, and kept by nobles in the absence of my mother," he said. Mugen's initial response to this was a simple shrug. "You had that power long before I materialized. It became one with me before you could hear my voice. I only needed your permission to stop the separation between us."

Following his Zanpakutou's most recent statement, Raizen took pause. "Us?" he asked. No matter how much he thought about it, it made no sense for there to be any form of separation between himself and Mugen. What she meant would be known to all soon enough. "Between you... me... and the white version of you: The Hollow."

"I would say I am surprised she could tell, but... I am not, Saori is kind of... enigmatic. She's more like one of them..." she said vaguely. Moving right along, Akiko got to witness a conversation between this young man and his Zanpakuto, which she hadn't ever seen in not first person in her entire life. It was a completely new experience and as she continued to manipulate her readings and record necessary data for this meeting she took in the information being shared by the pair. "Hollow merges with and predates the Zanpakuto... I wonder..." the woman looking at the screen minimized the readings and began pouring through archives to find information on Zanpakuto and Hollows. Among the research she found something rather interesting. And read it fully to process potential ramifications of this information. Though it was becoming more and more clear.

"Oh it has a physical self... and its a white version of him?" she said pointing to Raizen. This was all new information but it was starting to come together for the woman. As she began drawing the necessary information together on screen, it seemed she had a bit of a theory and would wait until her opinion was requested, while she continued on eyes glued to the screen.

"A white version of me..." he repeated. "Hai. My other half... your other half. We're all just three halves that make something a little more than a whole, aren't we, Rai-"

"Urusai," the man interrupted. What she implied by these statements led Raizen to believe that he, somehow, had two Zanpakutou spirits that were not entirely separate from one another. Upon looking at his still-unreleased sword, a few theories about this crossed his mind. In the end, he chose to gamble one the one which made the most sense to him. "So, I'm part Hollow... making you part Hollow... meaning..." Without further hesitation, Raizen picked up his sword and plunged it into the torso of Mugen. She didn't seem fazed by this at all, but there was a momentary emergence of white Reiryoku from the wound. "Sou ka... back you go then," Raizen said. He had come to his conclusion, and in doing so, absorbed Mugen back into her sword. His eyes closed afterwards, and the readings on Akiko's monitors would show something very strange. Raizen briefly displayed Hollow Reiatsu in place of that which once belonged to his Zanpakutou, and white Reishi began collecting on his face. "Kufufufu~"

Akiko's eyes shifted to the corner as Raizen quieted his Zanpakuto after the explanation of them being three halves of the same being. He then went on to perform one of three possible actions that the Captain of this Division had come up with as a potential way to test his young man's abilities. That being said, this one had the least likelihood of working and as such when her equipment began to go haywire she turned around. "Okay, so I was going to say that forcibly changing them was an option, I was also going to say that it had about a 30 percent chance of working..." said the young woman who couldn't believe how much this young man simply acted on instinct. "Oh, creeper laugh, that's riveting, nice to have a candid chuckle before going on a killing spree," she said of the hollow which had made a similar sound before destroying Yonsokei. "Also I am going to need you to tell me you are not going to become a rampaging hollow in here, this laboratory is constructed pretty densely and not connected to any of the other monitoring systems for my own protection. Even so, I have no problem using my Bankai against a relative young'un. I'm not like the Captain-Commander I can't bother with the extra." mentioned the young woman as she allowed herself to turn around and face the forming reishi which she was personally getting readings from scrolling through the lenses of her glasses.

Even while the Captain spoke, the Reishi continued to collect around Raizen's face. A mask was formed from it, covering the top of his head and face. The completed mask had a single dot on his forehead, ripples stretching outward from said dot, and three tomoe positioned around the innermost ripple. The lower two of these tomoe formed eye-holes for Raizen to see through. "Huuu~" Raizen exhaled in a two-tone voice, half belonging to himself, and the other half belonging to the Hollow side of him. Compared to the previous instance of Hollowfication, he seemed surprisingly composed. His words toward the Captain would act as further proof of this. "Eighty-five percent. That was the chance of it working," he said, revealing that he still had some sense of self this time around. "This feels... incredible..."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast