Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [12th Division] Shinigami Research and Development Institute

"Fully formed unique hollow mask, and sentient thought... pretty good," the young woman said as she began walking around him seeming to think it was a bit strange. He went on to say that there had been an eighty-five percent chance of this working in the first place, which made her shrug. "I don't have that much faith in anything, and there was still the chance of Soul Suicide, though that seems to have been lessened quite a bit..." she said thinking about it more. "Likely because the Hollow was always a part of your soul. Readings say that you're pretty stable though the balance is a bit tenuous," she mentioned as the young man seemed to appreciate the change in form. "Hai hai, that sounds pretty good, but can you keep it properly under control is the question?"

"Faith has nothing to do with it. For Mugen to say this power has always been mine, and for her to have already given it to me once without anything other than a mental takeover..." In the middle of Raizen's sentence, the mask upon his face shattered by no choice of his own. He was left in his normal state, with his normal Reiatsu, because of this turn of events. Nevertheless, he completed his sentence. "... meant I only had to subjugate the Hollow. It could only be as strong as I am, so the only thing reducing my chances of success was the potential mental battle. Eighty-five. As for control... It seems simple enough, but this power is temporary. As a scientist, I'm sure you understand that I have an interest in extending its effects, even against the wishes of Yoshitsune-Soutaichou."

"Time limit 58 seconds," the young woman said with a smirk as the young man's mask cracked without anything happening to him directly. As he went on to explain what he meant, she assumed it made sense that he had an eighty-five percent chance of it working out the way it had. "Alright, I'll give that to you... mental dominance over it, in contrast to the trusting bond between a Shinigami and a Zanpakuto." she surmised, but the balance maintained in his soul was something strange indeed. Instead of thinking about it too much she moved right along. "Soutaichou is a very interesting person, the ambiguity of their person not withstanding, you weren't executed on the spot or immediately turned over to the Central 46 so... doesn't seem like a flat no to me," the scientists interpretation of the Captain-Commander's actions was rather ambiguous, but... she figured it was perfectly reasonable. It was how she got away with most of the things she did after all. She checked the screen then looked back at the young man. "By my approximation it should be possible for you to lengthen the time period you can wear your mask by endurance training. My advice would be wear it until it breaks and remake it as often as possible... or wear it and try some sort of extreme activity... dunno. It's like something brand new."

"Only 58?" he questioned reflexively. Raizen moved toward the table once more, leaning against it when he reached its location. In hindsight of his inquiry, he could think of many things one could accomplish in 58 seconds with enough power. However, he would not be satisfied for quite some time yet. Akiko's advice was sound, and seemed like something Raizen would certainly be aiming for to improve his use of this power. "So, it is against the law to acquire Hollow powers. How did this happen before, that it exists as a rule now?"

"Yes, 58. 479 to be exact, but who's counting?" she said about the time the man spent in his masked form. It seemed he accepted in general that the form would need a bit of training, but beyond that he wanted to question the legality of the attainment of Hollow powers and the law which established it. She frowned then, thinking about it, the whole thing was sort of complex and she didn't really know what to make of it. She also didn't have all the information. Akiko thought about it and sort of shrugged. "It's apparently really complicated, I was still in the academy at the time so I don't really know that much about it first hand," said the young woman. "Apparently there was a noble family who was into trying to use different types of souls to create weapons. Like the principles used to make Asauchi but with different soul types." she said as her eyes scanned words which were floating in front of her lenses as she looked to Raizen. "They were making these weapons out of a Hollow Soul and though the weapons were powerful they had a lot of negative effects on people outside of the family. And were known to be parasitic, Hollows and Shinigami souls can't properly mix, it causes Soul Suicide, as such they were told to stop creating these weapons and apparently they didn't," she explained all based on what she was reading.

The story Akiko told regarding a noble clan who caused the Hollowfication law was somewhat suspicious. To be precise, her speech triggered the memory of him being told he should have been executed. He knew of the noble houses, and knew that one of him was his own. The Kumori house was no more, but Raizen never knew exactly why. Now, he had an idea. "Sou ka. How convenient of you to leave out the name of this noble family. I never considered execution as a reason for the fall of Kumori. That's... interesting news."

"I am really not used to talking to people as clever as I am," said the woman as she removed from her pocket a silver lollipop and went about inserting it into her mouth. "Look, I don't like to deliver bad news, I pass out candy... I would have figured you would have known about it by now," mentioned Akiko. "Sorry about that, being direct isn't really a strong suit of mine." she said, truly that was a lot to deal with and given the status of this individual she couldn't imagine he'd had the easiest of times. As such she felt a tad bad about it, and she was exceedingly sympathetic.

"Why do you think I wanted that tea?" Raizen could certainly relate to the earliest sentiment of the Captain. What he couldn't agree with, was the idea that she had just delivered some sort of bad news. "I don't care. The only person I ever knew from my family was my mother. The others mean nothing to me," he said, going with the assumption that his mother was the last member of his family, bar himself. As far as he knew, the others were executed long before he was even conceived. He couldn't possibly know that the family's execution occurred during the time in which he was in the womb. "Is there anything else you seek to accomplish here?"

"Fair enough," said the woman. It appeared the young man at least understood the execution of those involved with some very serious problems within the Soul Society. He went on to say that he only really cared about his mother and as such the execution of the rest of his family wasn't anything he was worried about. Akiko nodded her understanding of this, not that she really understood playing favorites and let it go as the young man seemed to be well enough adjusted. As for anything else she sought to do, Akiko shook her head from left to right. "No, I'm fine, I have more than enough data to keep me busy. I have to make a delivery and report to Soutaichou. I also need to create another from "Project 4" since you know, you aced him~" she said. Thinking about it more. "Though, you're still clever enough to be intriguing. If you want to stop by some other time, that's fine. I plan to keep up the hollow related research as they are a clear and present threat, and I'm interested in your development..." she offered with a smile. "Next time we can have tea~" the Twelfth Division's Captain was an odd individual but friendly enough.

Tatsuya, Vice-Captain of the 12th Division, and experiment of said Division's present Captain, traversed the halls of the SRDI during the afternoon. He'd been sent on an errand of sorts, which led him to Lab 3: the personal laboratory of one Niwatoko Benihime. Though one would expect a knock of some sort, he made use of his own access codes to enter the facility, where he assumed he would find, and speak with, the 5th Seat. "Oi," he said blandly. "There are noise complaints. What's going on in here?"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast