Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: [12th Division] Shinigami Research and Development Institute

"Of course I don't," said Raizen, who followed behind the redhead. Behind him was a barrier which contained a Hollow with the likeness of a tapeworm. Upon entering this lab, Raizen began walking around the room with the Hollow still trailing closely behind. His gaze traveled across the various monitors as he moved. Eventually, he settled over a particular console to view the gathered information about the spider mark on Hollows. "I never need such things. All I need now, is to figure out the nature of this Hollow soul."

"So...you just got room for all of that in your head..." she said seeming to think it outlandish, her own memory and skills were very high above the norm but she used the laboratory's archives to cross reference things she didn't keep in the forefront of her own memory. "Okay." she finished as she scanned the images of the Spider Mark Hollows while allowing her gaze to shift back to the one which the man had in a barrier, as she decided the kind of creature it likely was. Parasites were studied from time to time, and with the Ghost Incident having already happened, there was quite a bit of research into parasites within the databases, as she stood before a monitor analyzing all of the information there before she smiled having figured something out. She walked over to the barrier and created another orange rope of energy within her hand. "Horin..." she used this one to make a sharper instrument which she'd then use to separate a small piece of the parasite on the end, once she had it she took it and began pulling it apart to analyze it directly with a happy grin on her face. "Okay, I have what I need... you can do whatever you want," she said happily as she went over to a monitor and began typing up her analysis with her right hand, while she used her left to pick apart the bit of energy and figure out how it allowed the beast to hide in plain sight.

As this happened her laboratory was soon entered from the outside, by a pink haired woman with cat ears and twin tails. "Seriously, you were gone for a like an hour, and you come back with a Hollow and a Captain in tow, I thought you were just up to your usual play in the 11th? I expected to have to pick you up from the 4th Division if you caught the attention of Inuzuri-taichou..." she commented of the young woman as she looked over her shoulder at her work with narrowing eyes. "I didn't know you were looking into this too, since when?" she questioned seemingly unamused. Benihime grinned as she continued her work. "Since before I graduated from the Academy. Also, I didn't do anything, things were attacking me. Mainly the fourth seat of the 11th Division under control of that thing right there," she said pointing to the barrier. "Aya-tai, the older stuff, is my own personal research which I have been keeping separate from everything else in the labs. You do the same thing... so it isn't really a problem is it?" she asked of the woman as she continued to work. "No... but I probably should have looked into it a bit, I thought I needed plausible deniability but... you were actually doing good work," she said her eyes narrowing slightly. There was a problem with this girl that her Captain hadn't mentioned before and it was that she had no idea what kind of intelligence the young woman possessed at any given time. "So, another incident like that has happened, annoying..." said Akiko as she looked towards the Captain of the 10th Division. "I take it the pair of you have some sort of plan then... what is it, these answers I'll take from you, Kumori-taichou..." she said her eyes still narrowed at Benihime as the girl worked at a screen, seemingly immersed.

"As a matter of fact, I do. I find it very important to remember everything, so I seal everything I observe into a... mind palace, so to speak." With this said, Raizen scanned a few of the other screens in the lab, committing their information to memory as well. During this time, Benihime took what she needed from their shared subject, clearing Raizen to hold his hand over the Hollow with a strange, golden glow occurring around it as he did. His focus seemed entirely devoted to the Hollow, but his ears were open even to the discussion occurring between Benihime and her Captain, Akiko. As such, when the Division's resident Captain addressed him, he was more than prepared to answer her inquiry. "There isn't much of a plan left. We know the obvious signs of these Hollows' influence on others, and we know how deeply they can root themselves into a Shinigami. The time frame in which that happens is up for debate, depending on the strength of the host, but... that hardly matters. What we need to be worried about, is these things gaining control of other Captains... something we would already be too late to stop if they were trying to, because of how long we can assume they would take to reach the brain. Ayatsuki-taichou, you may want to bring attention to this matter; this sort of obvious attack from today means whatever plan these Hollows have is coming to light very soon. I know where we must look for information next, and Niwatoko-chan here can help me well enough. We'll take care of this part, if you don't mind."

"Uh-huh... That sounds interesting, in theory," Benihime said as he prodded the small piece of the creature she was toying with with a bit of crimson energy from the tip of her finger. As she did this she tossed around the theory of compressed mental storage trying to decide what sort of metaphor would work for her if she decided to try such a theory for herself. While she did this her work continued causing a small piece of it to extend outward turning into a small sharpened little tentacle that aimed to latch onto her, this was immediately dispatched with an electrical pulse from the tip of the girl's same finger by way of the use of Tsuzuri Raiden, but that wouldn't be mentioned as she continued figure to keep track of these changes. "Sugei..." she muttered as she began to understand the way this creature worked by virtue of her minor vivisection.

Akiko watched as this pair worked and raised a brow to what Raizen had to say. "Oh wow... I've been downgraded to messenger," she commented though she had every intention of doing just that. "I'm not used to that... what exactly do I tell them, hm? Parasitic Hollows are moving around the Seireitei and they should look out for strange behavior and spider markings? Also you pulled this one off, what became of the person you yanked it out of?" she directed at Benihime who was still rather carefully studying what she was. "That's exactly what you should say, and yes, I used the spell combination I saw Kumori-taichou use yesterday and a quick surgical cut to take that one off of the 4th Seat of the 11th Division. Actually I kinda just opened him up and pulled it out of him, but I am pretty sure that guy is dead now. If not then, his brain is fried and he should probably be put out of his misery," she said rather calmly. "You agree don't you, Kumori-taichou?"

"Gomen, gomen. I just can't have you bringing tracing devices to where we need to go," he said to the pink-haired woman while, coincidentally, pulling a small tracker from the back of his haori collar. The device was crushed betwixt his fingers, and the remaining dust was sprinkled onto the floor thereafter. "And yes, he is certainly dead now," he continued. There was nothing else to note here, but he had to disagree with something Benihime said. "You shouldn't tell them anything of the sort. These Hollows are organized. Saying such a thing could potentially halt or slow their efforts, and we'll likely be much better off if they continue as intended for now. Tell them members of the Gotei are going rogue, and must be dealt with according to the individual situations. That should keep things progressing while we work."

Akiko managed to look at Raizen with a general scoff as she watched the man get rid of a tracing device she'd dropped on his person. Benihime prodded the little piece of Hollow in her hand for a bit longer and after she was done she smirked, knowing her Captain had an interesting habit of trying to know everything and thus spied on everyone. "Oh great, she killed a man today. And I've been cut out of the fun," the woman said with much sarcasm. She also noted the sarcasm of Benihime's response to her question which when Raizen actually clarified made her chuckle just a bit. "Uh-huh, rogue members of the Gotei... fine. I'm sure everyone will enjoy the idea of having to watch their backs around their friends. While I get to know that you're using all of us as bait until you figure out what it is. That's a bit shrewd, and I worry about how much you agree with it," she said with the last bit directed to Benihime. Benihime felt the need to clarify something which she realized through her present bit of research and also given the way the other Hollows behaved during her excursions to the human world.

"Aya-tai, I didn't kill him. Given the progression shown it is almost guaranteed that he, and anyone else who shows that kind of take over are already too far gone to be saved. And you can't really argue the tactical advantage of being able to continue working while your enemy doesn't know you're aware they are here. Shrewd as it might be, making such a decision is rather easy. You've already come to the same conclusion..." Benihime finished speaking and used a capsule to capture the rest of this sample tucking it away for later usage. She now had a pretty good idea of how the Hollow managed to hide itself given its anatomy and given that she could use it a bit herself later. Now there was the matter of the rest of the research to be done. Akiko looked at this red haired girl with narrowed eyes, "That's all correct, obviously. I'm just cranky, I didn't notice earlier... And now I'm going to talk to the Captain-Commander. Do what you will, and... work fast yeah?" said the pink haired woman as she walked back towards the exit.

Raizen once again fell silent after his most recent words with the other Captain in the room. His attention had returned to the Hollow specimen, but Akiko's departure opened him up to speak once more. "Right. We should get going. The information we're looking for can only be found in one place, thanks only to the Seireitei's inability to access it. Who'd have thought their incompetence would lead to the answer that would one day save them?" he asked in rhetoric while moving toward the exit, dragging the Hollow along with him. "Time to go back home and see what my ancestors left us to look at."

With the exit of the Captain of the 12th Division, Benihime began shifting around in her chair removing several of the tracing devices from her person as she did so. By the time she was done there were five of these little devices being added to a desk drawer which was also full of them. They'd become her collection of sorts and she found them amusing to look at when considering how many times she'd thwarted her Captain's desire to spy on her. "Yare yare, I'm going to have to speed up my other project." she said having the thought that her Captain was likely to try and force her to transfer to another Division... again. Moving right along though the return of Raizen's voice prompted the girl to rise from her chair swinging her ponytail from left to right and causing one more device to fall from it, which she promptly stepped on. "Obviously everyone, it is why they let said incompetence fester," she said rolling her eyes playfully as she followed along. Apparently they were on their way home, and she simply accepted this as fact with no fuss, "Hai, Kumori-taichou~" she said as she rather easily caught up to his stride on his right hand side content to follow him out her laboratory locking itself up as they exited the door.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567