Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Japan] Kagamino City

Benihime's eyes shifted to where Daiki had stopped his hand resting atop the hilt of his weapon. She turned to face him seemingly relaxed. This entire situation was indeed tedious and now that she knew they'd be graduating early she couldn't say she would have enjoyed staying in longer than that. "Well, that isn't entirely true, I've learned that hollows can spit corrosive poison. That's pretty interesting~" she said with a bit of a chuckle. Though admittedly given how far ahead of this class she already was, she couldn't really say that she didn't understand why the length of these classes were necessary. "Well, you have to realize most people aren't as good as you. It will likely take a great number of people the full six years to figure out what you already know. Besides that... everything is a bit slower paced that way, gives everyone a chance to specialize and weed out the particularly bad ones," she said, thinking about it more. "To be honest, I'd intended to coast my way through six years with a bit of amusement right in the middle somewhere, but I also didn't know it was possible to leave early, knowing that, I am also glad. I'd be bored to death otherwise," the girl mentioned.

"Corrosive poison?" he asked, seemingly interested in Benihime's most recent kill. To say the least, this was something he had also yet to see in a Hollow, though he knew many came with acidic touches and the like. As Benihime went on to speak her mind about the length of expected stays in the academy, Daiki could only shrug. As talented as people like himself and Benihime were among their peers, he supposed he could see it taking others longer to develop. Six years, though, was still a bit of a stretch in his mind. "Early graduations happen every once in a while, usually by the influence of the noble families. Even so, they rarely happen within a year, and I believe the first time there were more than one graduates in the first year... was last year, with one of the students finishing their course before the year was even over."

"Hai, that Hollow looked like a lizard or something. Really short legs, but very sleek body. It spit poison at me, landed on that building right there..." she said pointing to the crumbling wall which had a hole in it now big enough to walk through and was still sizzling. "Probably some sort of development meant to help it out, since it couldn't move as fast as the others," she said, figuring such an idea was the most likely considering what she'd seen of hollows on these little excursions. As their conversation progressed it seemed that they were among rare and curious company made even more interesting by the simple fact that they'd been a pair of people to do it. "Hmm, that is pretty strange. From what I heard, first year graduations by merit were exceedingly rare, which is why I expected to be in it for the long haul, but..." she thought about it a bit more. "It's a bit more exciting this way, plus that makes these last couple of years way more interesting than their predecessors~" she said with a bit of a restlessness. "Though I still haven't thought about what division to join..." she said her bottom lip poking out just a bit. She'd originally planned to be out of here much later than six months from now, so she hadn't even started thinking about what she actually wanted to do.

Daiki's attention was drawn toward a building, which now harbored a hole made from the Hollow's acidic saliva. "Wow. That one probably would have been dangerous after a few more meals," he said. With that, though, he no longer cared much for the Hollow and its abilities. His concern now was a topic raised by Benihime; that being the choice of divisions to apply to after graduation. "I'm in the same boat. I was approached by the Kidou Corps last week, but what Kumori-Fukutaichou had to say about them still has me bothered. Besides, they are incredibly secretive, and I don't know what to expect. Midorima-san seems lovely. I might consider applying to the 13th. Do you have any ideas, at least?"

"Hai, kind of a shame actually, might have been worth the trouble after a few more meals~" she said, it seemed a bit like the girl was looking for something more challenging. But given how she'd spent the last five decades of her life that was likely to be expected. She was used to having both a certain amount of freedom and a certain amount of amusement. She was at least getting the latter dealing with Daiki, but... the other she likely wouldn't have again in a way she was used to. As they moved on to potential divisions, it seemed that Daiki had been approached by the Kidou Corps but wasn't sold on it, and that he thought Midorima-san the person leading their little excursion was nice so he considered joining the thirteenth. "Really I have no idea," said the girl seemingly exasperated. "To be fair, I had intended to run my course at the Academy with Shu-kun and then just let him decide which division we ended up in. I didn't expect him to go complete lazy ass, nor did I expect to be up for graduation," she said frowning just a bit. "I don't know, I might wait. See if I can find a division that will let me do what I want..." she said not being sold on the thirteenth though she'd consider it for the companionship.

"Oh yeah, you mentioned something along those lines before. Kisaragi, right? He was the one with you during the entrance ceremony. He seems to be excelling in the class he's in," Daiki observed. He had seen this individual Benihime mentioned on multiple occasions, all in passing. The male certainly had more than enough potential to be among their class. "At his level, he should have been promoted to our class by now. Perhaps his test scores are keeping him from it. Whatever the case, I can understand wanting to wait on the decision. There's no need to rush into anything."

"Hai that's the one, lazy ass~" she said frowning slightly before her face broke into a smile. "Though he's always been that way, I should have expected it," she said, knowing her childhood friend was always getting himself into those kinds of situations. "If his test scores are keeping him out, then it's because he's falling asleep,which wouldn't surprise me really~" she said of Kisaragi Shusuke. She didn't care too much now, considering she now had a different source of entertainment. Moving right along it seemed that there wasn't much going on and soon enough the girl was nodding her agreement. "Yeah, no need to rush. But is it too much to ask for, to find a division which would let me kinda be lazy, but is still interesting, while not requiring me to do anything?" she asked rhetorically. She knew she was asking a lot, that being said she wanted just a bit of fun.

Soon enough their conversation would be interrupted as the rest of the group came over to join them having finished dispatching their hollows. Midorima would land beside the pair from the rooftop. "You two seem to be all done, and really good by the way. We're finished here if you're ready to go back. Thank you all for the help." the green haired young woman said. As the fourth seat of the thirteenth division she was a pretty good mark for skills among the Shinigami.

"If you want to relax, I doubt the Gotei is the thing you're looking for. From what I hear and see, we're on the easy path now," he replied. He couldn't imagine much room for casual laziness within the Gotei, but he supposed the barracks were more than meets the eye in many cases. As such, anything was possible. With his opinion given, he looked up toward the top of a building that their guide had landed upon. It seemed their job for the day was done. "Hai. Arigatou gozaimashita," he said with a bow. Afterwards, Daiki took the liberty of opening a Senkaimon for the group, stepping through it once the Jigokuchou appeared from within.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12