Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [East Rukongai] 40th District

[East Rukongai] 40th District

The 40th District of Soul Society's Rukongai seemed to be having an awful stroke of bad luck, as one day, out of the blue, something occurred there that had not been seen as far as history recalled. Of all things that could happen, a Hollow appeared via Garganta. While not of the Menos Grande classification, its power was great enough that its presence threatened a large portion of this district from the moment it arrived. "Nii-san... this is all going to be for you..."

Benihime had been at home alone with her parents and siblings for at least a day. She'd been enjoying the down time and surprisingly enough the company of her elder brothers. Even so, she'd left the house for a bit of fresh air and alone time, and had posted herself up in a tree a few blocks away from her parents house. 'Ugh, I wish they weren't so touchy. I've never given so many hugs in my life... though it could be worse, at least there is gonna be cake soon~' she thought as she happily turned through the pages of a book studying a bit so as not to fall behind from the extra studying her most while she had these thoughts she felt a rather sudden presence which made her eyes widen. 'Nani?! That's... not right.' she thought, before standing where she was, and looking trying to figure out where this was coming from.

"There you are..." the Hollow said. He had been sent to this world to do one thing, and that was eliminate the red-haired academy student in the tree. However, the strongest trace of her Reiatsu he found was not her present location, but the house she had been in for so long. Remnants of her own Reiatsu combined with the similar Reiatsu of family members led this Hollow to believe she was inside, and thus, he believed he'd found his target rather quickly. His right hand rose, and his Reiatsu began to flare.

Moments later, a massive crash/explosion occurred at the location of the Niwatoko house, reaching far and wide. There would be nothing left of this location but a great deal of debris in a large plot of desecrated land. "Kekekeke~! Are you proud of me now... nii-san!?

As Benihime stood in the tree searching for the source of the sudden scary Reiatsu, she was soon given something to investigate. A loud crashing noise and an explosion made the young woman turn in the direction of it, and when she did, she immediately felt a sense of dread. 'Oh come on... don't be that...' she thought as she immediately took off, utilizing Shunpo would bring her to the fore of the desecrated land which had once been her house within a matter of seconds. Once she was there her eyes widened just a bit, of all the things she expected to see, just this plot of land and rubble wasn't at all it. Beyond this point, she knew her entire family had been inside this place this day.

She was immediately gripped by a bit of despair as it became obvious her entire family and several neighboring ones had been slaughtered. While people fled and screamed heading for any place except where they were, Benihime turned around to face the hollow which caused it. "You're a bit far from home, aren't ya'?" she asked of it, as she jumped up drawing her blade. She fully intended to kill this hollow, and make it pay for the death of her entire family. Once it was drawn she drew down intending to slash the mask across its face. After all, it obviously wasn't very clever showing up in the realm where there were many things which could kill it.

Shortly after the destruction of what he assumed to be his target, the Hollow was met by the very same redhead he had come to kill. "You're alive. I thought I was done here," he said. As Benihime approached with her blade drawn, the Hollow did not recede. Instead, he inflated his chest to have it take the impact. After being cut through, his chest quickly healed, and he somehow became much more muscular. "Pathetic. I thought there would be more to you since I was the one sent for you," he said as his right hand rose again, aiming to swipe his claws along the redhead's face from the bottom up, as if to rip off her flesh.

Benihime's eyes widened in quite a bit of surprise, as this hollow inflated its chest to absorb an impact which would have been a sure method to kill it and went on to heal the damage. 'Nani?! What the hell even is that...' she pondered but soon enough there was a claw coming for her face like it was going to be ripped off. She tried her best to step back using Shunpo but at least one of the claws had managed to drag its way along her face around her left eye. As she reappeared off the Shunpo she flipped her blade around rubbing her eye with her other hand to check and see if she still had one beneath the wound. Much to her own surprise she did. "Whew, I thought I'd lost an eye there, you were sent for me you say? Since when to do hollows, hunt individual student shinigami?" she said that left eye closed. Still she couldn't well give up, if this hollow was capable of changing its body to react to her attacks, it'd become imperative to immobilize it first. She held her sword with her right hand, but with her left, palm outstretched she drew an inverted triangle after conjuring yellow crackling energy there. "Bakudo no sanjuu: Shitotsu Sansen!" as this attack left her body aimed to pin the hollow against the air were it was, the girl made use of Shunpo again this time aiming to appear above the beast to prepare a different sort of attack.

Blood met the Hollow's claw; only one. Still, this was progress toward his overall goal, and proof that this yet-to-be Shinigami would provide some small amount of entertainment in the end. Kidou came next from the lass, taking the form of a binding spell which pinned the Hollow by his arms and midsection. While Benihime prepared her attack from above, however, these restraints were forcibly broken. For some reason, the Hollow then returned to its original size, albeit only while raising its hand toward the redhead and unleashing a blast of Reiryoku in her direction. "We hunt you... because you hunt us. My brothers are dying because of you, so you must die as well!"

"Okasen!" this was a spell stated created a yellow arc of energy along the blade of her sword as it came down. This would of course, help to negate the damage of the coming Reiryoku blast which returned the hollow down to it's original size. In addition the blast created by the girl would keep going trying to blast the beast and damage it in someway. 'Hm, absorbs damage, heals it self, bulks up... alright then.' she thought as her blade came down with intense pressure and the kidou cast from it. Still there was the matter of what was being said by this hollow which caused confusion from the girl with her presently limited vision. "I don't hunt hollows, I kill the ones before me when they are trying to kill me. On the other side of that... you just wiped out my entire family and they'd done nothing to you..." she said, noting the skewed logic of these beings, which was to be expected considering they came from despairing and losing their hearts.

"Shinigami are food, just like the rest! Food has no right to kill the hungry; die and be eaten like you should!" This was the single response of the Hollow as it pressed forward its chest once more, taking the Kidou wave into itself. The power-up which followed was far greater than the earlier slash. Not only did this Hollow's muscles receive a great enhancement, but its overall size did as well. He became tall enough to reach out toward Benihime's location in the air, aiming to grip her sword with his left hand. "Become food for Bergamo!" he said. If he managed to grip her blade, he would follow by raising his right hand to grasp at her torso with a touch carrying a highly-acidic burning effect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast