Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [East Rukongai] 40th District

"Never paused to think that if the food is fighting with you, perhaps you shouldn't eat it?" she asked rhetorically. She understood instincts and all that jazz, but it was a rather stupid to think that something should just give up because it was something consumable. It seemed her most recent wave had also been absorbed by this thing. By that logic the only thing she could hope to do is get close enough so that it couldn't get away from her. 'I guess, I'll let it get me and try to blow it up... like the boy from class. At a close enough range, the really high level kidou should kill him. Though it will also knock me out... it's risky but the only real option at this point.' she thought as her blade was grabbed along with her body. 'You don't have to do that you know. I already told you... if you need me, just call me out. This guy... he's dead if you do.' said the voice in her head about the hollow. Benihime's eyes darted around and she smirked. 'Alright.' she said a grin crossing her face as the beast brought her a bit closer. "Bergamo... I'm going to kill everyone who calls you brother as payment for my family, but before that you're going to die with the knowledge that you brought this upon them. I'm going to make sure they know it too~" she said to him looking him dead in the eye. This situation seemed dire, but the small girl as calm, even as acid burned into her flesh and bandages she wore as clothing. "Tenchikaimei..." her sword began to glow with a red so dark it was almost black. "Yakouboku." After she spoke her sword changed in the beasts hand, while still in her own, the blade becoming hollow and black with deep purple energy that seemed to move with life of its own. And then the shadow of this large beast began to shift and move up his legs. Beyond this the hand which held her blade would begin to dissolve as it was 'eaten by the shadows tainted by her Zanpakuto.

The Hollow named Bergamo had nothing to say in response to Benihime's initial statement. When she spoke of killing his "brothers" as well as himself, he only laughed. The words of a fledgling Shinigami in such a situation as hers were downright adorable, as far as he was concerned. However, Benihime followed this claim with a command; one which was common only utilized by high-ranking Shinigami. Bergamo's eyes widened during the transformation of her sword, but what came next was a much greater deal than a simple sword change. Suddenly, the shadows themselves were engulfing him from beneath, and the same occurred around his hand. Somehow, he seemed unable to absorb any of this. "What the hell is this!?"

It seemed she'd indeed surprised this large beast, who was surprised by her ability to perform this most coveted of actions. "It's my Zanpakuto, she's fun this way... really likes the dark. And when you're that big in the day light, you cast such a big shadow~" she said as she freed her blade and her own body in a single deft motion which would leave her standing among these moving shadows with the long blade in her hand being lifted and lined up with her left eye which was closed giving her a very accurate view of the beast and his mask as she jumped readying herself to plunge this blade directly into his mask. "Shindekudasai." If she was successful her Zanpakuto's blade would pierce the center of his mask leaving the shadows to leak from around the blade and further split it from that point. The aim to eat him from the very center of his being down to nothing. Though since it was still her Zanpakuto's ability it would cleanse his soul in the aftermath.

"Shadows... impossible," spoke the Hollow as he was being consumed by the very thing he questioned. "This sort of power... could never belong to a weak Shinigami. Neve-!" While speaking, Bergamo was suddenly on the receiving end of a blade through the face. This only allowed more shadows to engulf him, and soon enough, his entire body was overtaken by them. He knew then that there would soon be nothing left of him. Whilst fading away, though, he had one final thing to say. "This means nothing... Shinigami... Nii-sama... will end you all one day," he concluded, prior to dissolving into the air.

"Oh be quiet, die with dignity at least," Benihime said as she soon enough withdrew her blade. A final threat came from this hollow about how someone called Nii-sama would eventually end all Shinigami. The smile which spread across the young girl's bloody face was nothing short of sadistic. "Sure thing, I'll be waiting for him~" she said as his body disappeared and she was left to land on the ground. She resealed her ebony blade and sheathed it in due course. 'Arigatou gozaimasu, Yakouboku.' she said in her head which was accompanied by a tingling warm feeling which wasn't anything specific. She then turned, looking back at the house she grew up in, thinking of how a few moments prior to this, there were thoughts of cake and too many hugs. And now... there was a sullen emptiness she wasn't sure how to overcome. It showed in her eyes as a slightly dimmed version of the light which was normally found there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12