Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Japan] Kyuushigai

[Japan] Kyuushigai

Kyuushigai (旧市街, The Old Town) is a city-sized shopping arcade located roughly 300 km north of Karakura Town.

Soon after departing from the Academy, Benihime would soon find herself in a very different place from where she'd departed. It seemed to be an entire town comprised completely of places to shop. The wide eyed redhead openly gawked at the new surroundings. "Sugoi~" she managed as she took in her surroundings. This entire thing was a bit amazing, and she was glad at least to get away from the Soul Society and the responsibilities of her life at least for a little while.

"Taken right out of my mouth," said the young man named Daiki, who stepped up from behind the red-haired Benihime. "This Gigai is a little uncomfortable, though. But... judging by the look of people nearby, I can't tell if we even stand out or not," he said, taking note of the fact that there were some random individuals in this town who were dressed in some very peculiar garbs compared to all the others.

Benihime soon found Daiki joining her, saying that she'd apparently stolen the words he was going to use to describe his first sight. She seemed to not be having as much of a problem with her Gigai either, as she stretched her arms and legs a bit. "Hm, mine isn't so bad, it feels a tiny bit stifling though..." she said as she looked around. "Strange, in Kagamino City and Karakuracho, people weren't dressed so differently~" she said finding this whole thing to be rather amusing and completely and utterly new. "But I suppose it's for the best so we won't stand out too much~" she said extending a hand to Daiki. "Come on... let's see something new~"

"Yeah, you're right. It would be bothersome to draw too much attention. Though, I do wonder how humans would behave in that sort of situation." Without further ado, Daiki reached out to take Benihime's offered hand. There was much potential exploration to do during this time, and frankly, he didn't even know where to begin. "Ladies first. Your choice; wherever you want to go."

Benihime was content to walk hand in hand with Daiki as they explored this city sized mall. As her eyes darted around and he wondered how humans would react to seeing them as they were she could only shrug. Then rather suddenly a boy with a pink wig and scarf jumped out of a bookstore seemingly excited to see her. "SUGOI!~ Nice cosplay, it's so accurate. Can I get a picture?" he asked which made the redhead's eyes widen just a tad. "Uh... sure..." she said only to see two other people hop out in front take a picture. Then just as quickly as it had been done, it was over. "Arigatou, Nee-chan!" said the young man as he ran off to another store. And she took pause to look at the books store which seemed to sell manga exclusively. "Okay, going in here... need to know what that was all about~" She'd walk inside, likely dragging Daiki along just to have a look at these books which seemed to be something very different. "Oh! These are kinda cool~"

Daiki trailed alongside the young woman, stopping and stepping aside when some human child requested a picture of the redhead. 'Cosplay?' he questioned mentally. Once the pictures were taken, he rejoined Benihime and entered the manga store. "That was weird. What the hell is cosplay? The bandage look?"

Benihime grinned seeming to find something about the question posed by Daiki to be funny. "I actually have no idea. But I don't think the bandages are a specific look~" she chimed, which probably only serve to further confuse the young man. Inside the manga store the clerk seemed to also think she was some sort of cosplayer. "You can find the Fairy Tail is to the left. Nice costume~" said the young glasses wearing woman as she also snapped a picture. Such a thing would cause the redhead's eyes to widen just a bit as this was quite unusual but soon enough she walked over to this title and looked at the displayed covers picking up one which seemed to be titled a character book. She took the opportunity to whisper to Daiki, "Context says cosplay is dressing up like some character... so I can assume the one they think I like is in here~" she commented absently as she flipped through the pages, until she came across an image which seemed to bare a bit of a resemblance to her. "That... is just strange," the character apparently named Erza in this series probably looked a bit more like the redhead Benihime than she'd willingly admit.

Benihime thought the bandages had nothing to do with this "cosplay" of which the child had spoken. Daiki was indeed lost on the matter. Upon entering the shop, one of two clerks pointed Benihime in the direction of a manga called Fairy Tail. If Daiki wasn't confused enough already, he was made more so by the idea of fairies with tails. This didn't last long though, as there was another clerk beside the glasses-wearing lass. This one was younger, wearing golden armor with his hair dyed red, and red contacts. "Sugoi, sugoi!" he said, snapping a picture of Daiki. "I told you Magi would catch on quick! It's like an older Aladdin!"

Soon, they reached the manga Benihime sought. She quickly located the character she was being compared to, and when Daiki looked over her shoulder to view the page, his left brow rose. "Huh. That's uncanny. Weird armor, though."

"Ano, seems like you are also a bit popular there, Dai-kun~" she said considering this secondary clerks reaction. Actually it was quite amazing the idea that people in this world dressed up as things they weren't, and enjoyed fantasy. She looked a bit harder at this girl in her armors and found one which made her figure out why the people she'd come across thought she was cosplaying. "Sugoi, apparently this is a look~" she said pointing to the bandaged wrapped version of the character wielding just a sword. It was interesting to see, and it made her wonder where the idea had come from. Soon enough she'd moved on, looking to this 'Magi' series which had been mentioned by the golden armored clerk. She began flipping through pages until she found something which amazed her just a bit. She turned with the book and let Daiki see the person which indeed looked like a younger version of himself. "This is awesome, he's so cute~~" she chimed, thinking it amazing that such a thing even existed, and having a pretty fair idea as to why no one thought them particularly strange in the area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast