Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Seireitei] 1st Division Barracks

[Seireitei] 1st Division Barracks

Like all the other barracks, the 1st Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 1st Division. In addition, due to the 1st Division being the division of the Captain-Commander, the barracks hosts the assembly hall where the captains gather for their meeting. The barracks also has a room set aside for lieutenants' meeting. Captain-Commander Yoshitsune's office within the barracks commands a wide, sweeping view of Seireitei.

Assembly Hall:
    Spoiler:

A large open room which is used to host the Captain's Meetings when they are called. It includes one large throne, used to house the Captain Commander, and enough space for the other 12 Captains to line up in numerical order in two parallel lines.

At the start of a meeting between Captains, a man with dark brown hair stood three spaces down from the Captain-Commander's left side. This man, who wore the haori of the 7th Division's Captain, had only recently stepped in line. He had been the cause of this meeting, having reported strange incidents to the Captain-Commander involving a surge of renegade Shinigami within the Seireitei. While such a thing had always been an issue on occasion, numerous counts had appeared over the past few days, so recently after the end of the Shinou Academy's year and the discovery of a forest of Menos Grande in Hueco Mundo.

There was another male standing beside the 7th's Captain, wearing the 9th Division's haori. His hair was short, blonde, and rather stylish. His narrow, emerald eyes shifted toward the Captain-Commander's chair, and in that moment, he became the first to speak. "Soutaichou, may I ask what is the meaning of this summons? This is all a bit sudden, isn't it?"

Directly beside the Seventh Division Captain was the Captain of the Fifth Division a young woman who pushed her glasses up on to her nose revealing purple eyes. Her ponytail swaying from side to side as she tried to find a comfortable position in which to stand. And looked towards the Captain-Commander seeming to agree with the question asked by the Ninth Division's Captain.

The Captain-Commander looked at everyone present and noticed a missing presence but continued to speak anyway. "Mutsuki-taichou reported an incident of various rogue Shinigami. I called the meeting to avoid spooking everyone including your Vice-Captains," the androgenous figure from the head of the group said. "Everyone has new recruits, and we don't know what makes some more susceptible than others... as such we thought it would be best to make sure everyone has the same information," the Captain-Commander said. After a few moments of quiet the young woman with the fifth division's insignia on her back spoke up. "If it's some kind of contagien shouldn't it fall under the purview of Okawa-taichou?"

"Rogue Shinigami?" the 9th's Captain questioned. Apparently, this incident was large enough to warrant a Captain's meeting, putting it outside the realm of a simple shove into the Maggot's Nest for the guilty. This was strange indeed, but hardly much information to go by as far as this man was concerned. Of course, more information would soon be given when the 5th's Captain spoke up.

The individual referred to as "Okawa-taichou" stood immediately across from the glasses-wearing woman. He wore a haori likened in design to a doctor's coat, emblazoned with the 4th Division's insignia. Following the words of the 5th's Captain, he rubbed his stubble-ridden chin. "Eto... I wish that were the case, Fayeling-taichou. We've done multiple inspections on the afflicted. There is definitely something off about their Reiatsu that I would compare to a Plus having its Chain of Fate encroached. But... they are Shinigami. My Bankai couldn't even do anything for them, so we sent the ones we had over to Ayatsuki-taichou."

The Captain-Commander sat with a face not showing any emotion and heard out what was said by the lot. It seemed the Ninth Division Captain hadn't yet had contact with any of the afflicted, he didn't seem to know much about it. Still Fayeling the woman with the black hair turned to the place where the person known as 'Ayatsuki-taichou' should have been and that person wasn't there. "It seems Ayatsuki-taichou is a bit late..." she said of the other individual, the one who might have been able to shed light upon this situation. A few seconds after the doors of the Captain's Assembly Hall opened up and a small young woman with pink hair seemed to enter the room bowing at the end of the line. "Sumimasen, I got a laboratory full of afflicted individuals..." she said looking up at the Captain-Commander.

"Joushi, I hope you have more than that..." said the Captain-Commander which served as a instant which allowed the pink haired Captain with her cat ears to stand in the place she belonged at the end of the even numbered line. "Hai, I have found a couple of things about this incident which we've started referring to as 'Ghost'," the young woman explained. "First, all of the affected are tainted with the same Reiatsu. And it's the Reiatsu which belongs to a single Hollow. Not similar or the same kind... it's simply the same. Also they all have their Reiatsu almost completely drained. Most of the weaker ones are near death," she said as she rubbed her own face. "The ones who are affected seem to be rather easily dispatched, they burn up their Reiatsu trying to fight and pass out, well so far anyway..." said the Twelfth Division Captain.

"Ayatsuki-taichou," the 7th Division's Captain spoke when Ayatsuki gave the information she had. "Have you gotten around to the more recent subjects yet? The ones from today, I mean," he asked. This prompted a reaction from a man with messy, spiky blonde hair across from Ayatsuki. "Is there something different about today's affected soldiers, Mutsuki-san?" When asked this, the Captain named Mutsuki sighed. It was rather disturbing information to him, but if the 12th's Captain hadn't come to the same realization, it was worth sharing regardless of anything else. "When I noticed this a few days ago, it was affecting unseated members in my division. Recently, the highest-ranking Shinigami I've seen under the influence was the 8th seat of your division, Tamamura-taichou," he said, looking toward the pink-haired woman standing across from him.

Mutsuki continued to speak and acknowledge the question offered up by the Captain of the 13th Division. His assertion was rather true, and unsurprisingly enough Ayatsuki was on board with what he said. A smirk appearing on the young woman's face. "That's a surprisingly clever thing for you to notice, Mutsuki-taichou," she said. "Also totally the reason my previous statement ended in so far," she paused going on to explain. "As far I can tell, there was a limit to the kind of person that this entity could infect. Weaker individuals and weaker minded individuals were at the top of the list. The first thing to spike in activity were random members of the 11th Division their unseated and lower ranks. But it was hard to tell from just their activity, for obvious reasons. It kind of had to spread before the pattern could be noticed," Ayatsuki spoke with a bit of authority, and way more enthusiam than one would expect in such a dire situation.

"But now, 'Ghost' is either getting stronger or simply getting bolder, and in looking back to the data on excursions and the like, it has to simply be within the Seireitei. As far as I can tell it hasn't yet tried for a Captain or Vice-Captain yet, but if it did the results could potentially be catastrophic. And I still haven't figured out yet how to rid us of the influence yet," the 12th Division Captain mentioned with a sigh. It would be now that the woman apparently known as Tamamura. "It sounds like Ayatsuki-taichou, if a Captain or Vice-Captain were to appear afflicted, one might need a stronger person on hand to subdue them. I shall start a personal patrol, to make up for my wayward eighth seat falling to something like this." said the woman who seemed to be a slight bit meanacing. "I think... that is a good idea," this came from the Captain Commander but soon after, the Twelfth Division Captain spoke up again. "Hai hai, also...Soutaichou, no offense, but... I'd rather you quarantine yourself for a while. It would be severely damaging to everyone involved if you were to be overtaken by whatever Ghost is."

"So, we're running on the assumption that it will eventually be able to affect even us Captains?" Mutsuki asked, though mostly in rhetoric. This 'Ghost' as the 12th's Captain had taken to calling it, was looking to be a potential great threat to the Gotei 13; but, the Captain of the 6th spoke words which caused Mutsuki's eyes to widen. In this very moment, it became obvious to him how much of a problem this could become. While he was satisfied that the 6th's Captain would be patrolling, the idea of having to face this individual if she fell under the ongoing influence was somewhat... frightening. "Good plan. Just... don't go being affected, huh?" he suggested. "Or do. I could go for some hard cardio," interjected another male, who wore the tattered haori of the 11th Division. "Don't be an idiot in front of Soutaichou. Everyone knows how that would end," the 9th's Captain said. This caused the 11th's Captain to raise a finger while opening his mouth, only to back down moments later. "Soutaichou, has our business here come to an end? I'd like to request a word with you, and Tamamura-taichou, if so."

The Sixth Division Captain looked across to the Seventh Division Captain an nodded. "I don't think it will be a problem. Obviously, Ayatsuki-taichou is working on a way to get rid of the influence without anyone needing to be killed," she said looking to the other pink haired young woman. "Hai, and given everything we know about the affected, you're least likely to fall to it. It just feels like I've tried everything already. I got a new recruit coming in, to shed some fresh eyes on the whole thing. I'll let everyone know when I've worked out a way to fix it," the Twelfth Division Captain said. "I will also remain in quarantine since Joushi doesn't want to risk it. And I assume any experimental treatments will be fully vetted before they make their way back here..." the Captain Commander mentioned, which caused a nod from the 12th Division Captain. This person had seen lots of things within the Seireitei, but this sort of danger was almost unheard of and could only be connected to the recent hollow activity.

The Tenth Division Captain with her hood up, spoke up when the 11th Division Captain stated that he could go for some hard cardio, "Nice job, leaving that one alone. I don't think that would simply end in more scars for you, Nijo-taichou," the young woman uttered sparing a look from under her cloak. Actually this entire thing was something which would need to be monitored closely and handled with the quickest possible outcome. It seemed that the Ninth Division Captain wished to speak with the Captain Commander and the Sixth Division Captain, as such the Captain-Commander tapped the end of its Zanpakuto against the floor. "Dismissed." this would result in various Captains filing out of the assembly hall, including the 10th Division Captain, 12th Division Captain, and the 5th Division Captain.

When addressed by the hooded Captain of the 10th, the man who bore the name Kenpachi scoffed, turning his head away from the woman. "At least it wouldn't be luck like it was for you, Himotoya. Or... maybe you think you could pull that off now?" he said, as if to issue a challenge here in the Captain-Commander's office. Within moments, though, the group was dismissed, prompting the leave of all but those whose presence was requested by the 9th's Captain. Once the others were gone, he stepped before the other two present, and spoke his piece. "Arigatou gozaimasu," he said with a bow, simply to thank the Captain-Commander, and the 6th's Captain, for their time. "I only wanted to say... if we are worried about Captains being affected by this 'Ghost' thing, shouldn't we be worried that one of us is infected already? Surely I wasn't the only one to notice the strange behavior of Ohka-taichou here today..."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast