Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: [Seireitei] 1st Division Barracks

"Obviously not, this was my point to begin with, Soutaichou," said Tamao. She found it strange that any would question this lad's abilities by this point. And though it was quite crazy to see a Bankai in only two years of being a Shinigami, she supposed there were more outlandish things. Even so, it seemed that Raizen seemed to take issue with what it was like to become Captain. With this said it would be the Captain Commander who spoke about the criteria for making a Captain as it was something which a lad as talented as himself likely wouldn't understand.

"Waro, this isn't as simple as you might like to think. Bankai isn't attainable by every Shinigami, normally the ability to materialize one's Zanpakuto spirit and subjugate it properly is an experience which takes about 10 years to accomplish, once it becomes a goal. But Zanpakuto are by all descriptions independent creatures who aren't always cooperative. Beyond this producing a Bankai which is controllable takes even longer than that, as it is possible to obtain a Bankai but not be able to use it properly for several decades thereafter. By all accounts this method of becoming a Captain is usually a trial of proficiency and in my opinion the best of the three methods. It isn't a murder nor a popularity contest like the other two methods, it a pure test of skill." said the Captain Commander, explaining why this method was the general fall back of any individual. "Regardless, it seems you have passed this test and maintain the necessary ability to lead your Division. It's my honor to be the first to address you, Kumori-taichou. Do you have any questions?" asked the Captain Commander who would continue to address the boy as such from now on as a sign of respect.

"Subjugate? My Zanpakutou wanted to give me its power," Raizen replied with a hand reaching his hip. "I only needed the free time to learn Bankai. That three months was more than enough, so I'm not very bothered about the whole execution ordeal," he continued. Satoshi happened to go without hearing this due to a long yawn escaping him; he was more than ready to return to his Division for a decent nap. If this weren't the case, he would have been the first to be stunned by this claim. Raizen himself gave a bow to all present when addressed as Captain by the Captain-Commander. Afterwards, he turned to prepare himself for a leave, stopping only to look over his shoulder following the Commander's query. "Arigatou. Actually... I do have one question: Where might I locate the Kidoushuu Soushi?"

There was a shared wide eyed glance between the Captain Commander and Tamao. The statement that the lad's Zanpakuto wanted to share its power with him was something that they'd never heard of in their combined 7000 years of life. Perhaps this lad really was something else entirely, regardless he was now Captain of his own Division and free to do that which he wished. "Congratulations, Kumori-taichou." said Tamao before the boy went on to ask a question which gave the woman great pause. The Captain Commander's eyes narrowed as they looked upon this Kumori Raizen. There had been an ample bit of unease when the boy asked about creating his division the way he saw fit, and the question he chose to ask led a few conclusions to be drawn by the senior Captain's present. 'Kumori, and their ties... for one who doesn't know much about his family, he is doing the sort of things that will stir feelings of old,' thought the Captain Commander, that being said, the Captain Commander had lived long enough to remember a time before the official establishment of the Kidoushuu. "The Kidoushuu Soushi, is likely found within their headquarters on the eastern side of the Seireitei," said the Captain Commander calmly.

"Eastern Seireitei... hai. Arigatou gozaimasu," Raizen replied while continuing to walk forward. A two-fingered wave over his head signaled his official leave of the Captain-Commander's office. "Ja ne, minna~" And with that, the newly-named Captain of the 10th Division was gone. Satoshi, who'd taken to resting upon a bench in the courtyard, opened his right eye to look in the Captain-Commander's direction after Raizen's departure. "Think that was a good idea? We're gonna end up with another one of those freaks involved with Kidou development and secrets. I wanna say I'm wrong, but did he say he got Bankai in a few months? Wasn't that kid in jail for trying to kill you, Tama-chan?"

It seemed that with the information he needed Raizen was off, but that didn't stop Satoshi from speaking up after the lad had disappeared from sight. Both Tamao and the Captain Commander seemed to be in deep thought but for very different reasons. Tamao would be the first to speak as she scoffed at the idea that the young lad had almost killed her. "Iie, I couldn't have died from an injury like that. He was in jail for showing signs of acquiring Hollow Powers. I am not sure how, but Ayatsuki-taichou got him freed. I haven't caught up on reading about that one yet, but according to the whispers, anything he is, he has been since the day of his birth," said Tamao. It was beyond her that anyone would have gotten in trouble for the outcome of a fight, after all, she'd been against the imprisonment of Inuzuri as well.

It would be the Captain Commander who gently walked over to a bench to appreciate the great outdoors at this moment. Those eyes closed for just a few seconds. "I'm surprised at you Kogara-taichou, you were just saying that Kidou alone doesn't make for good leadership. And the Kidoushuu has been pushing exactly since their inception. It makes one wonder how many good Shinigami have been potentially stunted by their 'Kidou Only' absolution. And I for one, think it's more strange how secretive the Kidoushuu has become since branching off from us officially," said the Captain Commander. "Besides, being in charge of that is almost the boy's birth right..."

"Hmph. Could have sworn we took people's Zanpakutou from them when we locked them up. I really must be getting old." It was more than apparent that Satoshi still didn't agree with these allowances. He feared the return of the old Kumori clan, which would not be pleasant for anyone. "Kidou doesn't make for good leadership, but it has been proven to create unnecessary amounts of power for those people. Birthright or not, with all these Hollow powers and two year Bankais, if this one ends up like any of his old family members... Do you really think we've still got the manpower to deal with it? A kid like that... might be on our level in a few centuries. I dunno what Aya-chan was thinking letting him out in the first place."

"We do, I don't even know how he managed it but the boy has no reason to lie," mentioned Tamao about taking people's weapons from them when they were locked up. "Beyond that he spent all of that time within the Senzaikyuu, which was meant to eat away at his Reiryoku. Think what you want about the child but... his fortitude isn't something to be questioned," she finished. The Captain Commander was quiet during most of this speech. Taking in the fact that Satoshi seemed to fear the rise of any like the Old Kumori Clan and Tamao seemed to have grown bored of waiting for more powerful challenges to emerge.

"Well, it's not like one can spontaneously create an entire clan," said the Captain Commander. "Besides, that that young man has done nothing to indicate he is anything like any of his predecessors. If anything... he's shown himself to be just the opposite of the kinds of individuals we had to deal with when that clan's name was almost removed from the records." said the Captain Commander before they stood and stretched still carrying about their Zapakuto. "Only time will tell I suppose, both of you should stay on your toes just in case..."

In the hours following the resolved incident involving a former legendary Captain, which included the death of an existing one and many seated officers, one Kumori Raizen was given summons to the 1st Division. He'd known this was coming, and while he would have preferred it to be a bit later, here he was. He approached the Captain-Commander's office, clad in his Captain's haori, and that of the Kidou Corps Commander was draped over it. Modifications seemed to have been recently made to the latter article, having it white in color and emblazoned with the symbol of the Kumori family within the Corps' own symbol; this design also presented itself on the gloves Raizen wore. When he made it to the door of the office, Raizen bowed into the opening. "Soutaichou... Konbanwa."

Within the office of the Captain-Commander, the person themselves was sitting behind a desk, drinking tea. A frown on their face as they looked up to see the entrance of one Kumori Raizen, who greeted them properly enough. "Waro, you've been busy today," mentioned the Captain-Commander most ambiguously. A few moments after his arrival, another person arrived. "Soutaichou?! Am I about to be chewed out again, 'cause, I'll take a number, I have a thing I'm working on and it's time sensitive," said the pink haired cat woman with the modified lab coat Haori with the 12th Division's insignia on her back, a lollipop sticking out the left corner of her mouth. "Joshi, come on in... it's best to get this done with both of you present," said the Captain-Commander. "Shit, I'm actually in trouble again..." she said as she walked in and took position beside Raizen. It seemed that this had happened enough to the 12th Division's Captain that she was used to it. "One of you care to explain what's been happening the last few days? What actually culminated in the death of a Captain and a sum total of..." there was a pause from the Captain-Commander as they looked down at the papers on the desk. "Oh no less than 1000 seated officers from various divisions?" asked the Captain-Commander, of course, this person already had a more than reasonable idea of what had been going on, but the two people most likely to know and already identified as having been present at various places throughout.

"Hai," said Raizen as he stepped into the office. Akiko, the 12th Division's Captain, took a side to him upon her arrival. He'd fully expected her to also be involved in this summons. He sighed in the face of the Captain-Commander who'd suddenly questioned the events of the week. There was much to be explained, but Raizen wondered how many words would actually have to be said for the point to be made. Raising his head, he answered in a way that would poke at the Captain-Commander's mental acuity, for his own understanding of the elder. "Juunibantai taichou..." he said, pausing just long enough to let the Captain-Commander's brain begin working. "Kumori Mōryōmaru."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast