Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: [Seireitei] 1st Division Barracks

The Captain-Commander took great pause while Raizen spoke. Akiko had nothing much to say one way or another, she'd simply been waiting, to have to explain the details which is how such things usually went. When Raizen decided to tease the Captain Commander with information, Akiko had to stifle a chuckle. The eyes of the Captain-Commander widened and the tea cup they were holding was gently placed back on the table in front of them as if they didn't intend to drink anymore. The thoughts running through this individual's mind had nothing to do with the 12th Division Captain standing in front of them. "Waro..." the Captain-Commander sounded a bit cranky even by standards of what would be considered normal. "Mōryōmaru-san, was here, that I know... I felt him... but I am not asking about that. I have reports of him as a giant Hollow with multiple parts. Curious as that is..." paused the Captain-Commander, thinking on it, Kumori Mōryōmaru was even older than the Captain-Commander. "I am asking why no one was informed of this before hand? Why were so many allowed to die and fall to such an individual? Why am I looking at two of the brightest minds the Gotei has ever seen, with more than a 1000 bodies to show for your efforts?" asked the Captain Commander. This made Akiko speak up just a little. "To be fair, those who were already affected by Kumori Mōryōmaru, who'd already been that way for any length of time minus today... were already dead. They didn't have their minds left and removing the parasite Hollows from them would have ended in brain death, I am assuming..." she commented. "And he had a few hundred years to get set up. He had access to the 4th Division Captain, who in turn had access to every injured person who passed through the Division, this could have been catastrophic... You can't really blame us for that... I was a kid... if he was alive he was barely born. " she said gesturing between herself and Raizen. "We are an organization... Joshi.... chain of command exists for a reason. How long did you know about this before you said anything, or did anything?"

'San?' Raizen questioned mentally, wondering exactly how old this Mōryōmaru was. Now that he thought about it, none of the record books he'd read as of yet mentioned the man in his youth. This may have ended up being something else worth looking into for interest's sake, but for the moment, it seemed the Captain-Commander was becoming less patient in their questions. "No one was informed, because we had no information. Kumori Mōryōmaru was not to be trifled with; there was no telling what Captains and Vice-Captains were his hosts at the time. Telling anyone we could not put faith in would only have alerted him to our knowledge of the situation at hand. Imagine the outcome of telling others if he'd managed to infect someone like you... Soutaichou," he said, looking toward Akito with unwavering resolve toward his own methods. "I can't speak for anyone else, but I've known in a roundabout way for months. Frankly though, over a thousand bodies pales in comparison to the return of the Seireitei Civil War, if the stories I've read about it are any indicator; and yes, that was exactly Mōryōmaru's intention."

Akiko found the Captain-Commander's reaction to be strange. She supposed that she'd never questioned properly the age of one Kumori Mōryōmaru but he had to be a decent age to be addressed with such respect by the Captain-Commander. Raizen then went on to explain why the level of secrecy they'd been dealing in had been necessary. The Captain-Commander heard him out and frowned, leaning its head against the open palm of its hand while it looked at the pair before them. The Captain-Commander, let out a sigh. Obviously it was easy to see how badly this could have gone if it had been any of what could be considered the stronger Captains they'd had to deal with. The relaxed agitation the Captain-Commander had seemed to possess was disturbed by only one thing, the idea of the Seireitei Civil War. Such a thought seemed to unnerve this individual, enough for their eyes to widen. For a moment it would appear as if the Captain Commander wasn't simply sitting here but was instead viewing another time all together. "Yare yare, if that is the case, then you've done us all a service. Something like that would be needless slaughter. Arigatou, waro." this statement from the Captain-Commander, made the brows of Akiko raise gently.

She wasn't at all involved in that entire situation probably because of her age, but... the reaction of simple thanks was far from what she expected. 'Ano, I suppose, I was in at the tail end of that... I didn't see anything scary enough to cause that kind of reaction in me. Soutaichou's age shows in strange ways...' she thought absently. "We should have known he wouldn't have simply disappeared, though I can't say I like the methods the pair of you used in this situation. But I can't actually punish you for doing your jobs so well. Be warned..." started the Captain-Commander. "Even if the death of a thousand can be ignored for the sake of saving us all... such actions will cause you a great deal of scrutiny in the future, if you rely on them too many times. The pair of you should make sure you behave yourselves," mentioned the Captain-Commander, their words aimed mostly to Raizen as the lad was quite conspicuous to begin with.

"Hai hai," Raizen replied with a bow. He didn't care much for this meeting, but he understood its purpose from the perspective of the most senior of Captains who headed the Gotei 13. From his own perspective, though, he saw no reason to change any of his methods; they proved far too effective. It seemed he and many others were simply fated to disagree on such things, but he at least believed the pink-haired Captain beside him would more commonly be of the same opinion as him. "Oh, Soutaichou," he interjected while rising from his bowed position. There was one other piece of information he thought would be safe to share in this moment, and if it wasn't, there was no fighting it anyway. "My research which resulted in knowledge of Mōryōmaru's return gave another name. It seems he knew his experiments with the new Bakkoutou were connected to a certain individual named Naraku..."

The Captain-Commander knew the young often didn't see the point of these meetings, it was obvious by the sheer number of them they'd had with their younger Captains. Even so, they'd continue to make sure the children knew how to behave in such situations. After all, looking after the Seireitei was part of their jobs, and they needed to be a bit more even tempered than a lot of them showed themselves to be in these sorts of situations. This one was forgiven in the mind of the Captain-Commander because of the atrocities that were avoided by it. Even so, the potential return of the Kumori Clan in any way seemed to cause a great deal of unease in most, and the minor return of one Kumori Mōryōmaru, had probably stirred such old anxieties. "You're dismissed," mentioned the Captain-Commander after the pair had made their understanding known. "Hai hai, see ya' next time." mentioned Akiko, as if she fully expected to be called into another one of these.

The Captain-Commander had been content to allow themselves a moment to regroup about the potentially avoided threat. But... it seemed a calm moment of thought wasn't going to be allowed to happen here. Akiko who had also bowed was coming up but Raizen was mentioning something else which had appeared in his research. 'Naraku?' Akiko thought she looked to Raizen with a raised brow, but before she could question this aloud she looked towards the Captain-Commander. "Of course, when it rains it pours..." the Captain-Commander seemed visibly shaken and this individual was, for the only being known to possess the name Naraku, was a Hollow. Said Hollow was even older than the Captain-Commander. "Tell me it's just a name... tell me there is no real evidence linking the idea that thing still exists to the truth..." this was almost a plead from the Captain-Commander. It was as if the individual who was heralded as one of the strongest Shinigami, actually felt a bit of fear.

Raizen was in the process of turning around to take his leave when the Captain-Commander made their plea to the universe at large, hoping the name Naraku was mere coincidence. He sighed within his own mind, having officially drawn up his own theory in this moment of fear from the superior of the Gotei 13. Stopping at the door, he chose to share a few more words. "Gomen, Soutaichou... but whatever this name means, I get the feeling, considering our excursion to Hueco Mundo... you already know the reality of this Naraku's existence."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456