Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [West Rukongai] 3rd District: Hokutan

[West Rukongai] 3rd District: Hokutan

A few moments after defeating one of her fellow Captains with her Bankai, the Sixth Division Captain, Tamamura Tamao, found herself stopped inside the third district of the Rukongai. 'I know it came here...' she thought as she began to narrow her search for a hollow which could hide its presence inside of other beings. This thing needed to be handled before it further pressed the members of the Gotei Thirteen into the dire straits it had faced this afternoon. As such the Captain began to move slowly among these people, searching for what it was looking for.

The Hollow Tamao sought had long since materialized itself, taking the form of a lamprey with an elongated mask. It stood just outside of civilization on the mountainside, facing the white-haired Vice-Captain recently appointed to the 10th Division. "You... I will start again with you as my vessel. Then, I'll work my way back up to those Captains again!" the Hollow claimed. The Vice-Captain, Kumori Raizen, seemed apathetic to the words of this Hollow. "So, you're the cause of these problems. I was told to report if I found you, but... you seem very killable," Raizen said as his Reiatsu, and the Hollow's, both began to flare against one another.

Tamao took her search in a very urgent but calm pace, so as to avoid frightening any citizens. She thought it was likely very rare for them to see a Shinigami Captain as most of them seemed to flee her presence of their own accord. She however kept her senses on high alert and soon enough found herself atop a roof waiting to feel something which seemed more hollow. She fully intended to kill the creature once she found it, and then... it hit her out of nowhere. 'There!' she turned in the direction that would most quickly lead her towards the outskirts of this mountain and head there to finish the job of dispatching the hollow.

In a matter of moments, the lamprey Hollow was charging toward Raizen, who had yet to even unsheathe his Zanpakutou. In fact, Raizen's right hand was upon his face during the beginning of this assault. "This is a shame for you. I've been looking for this sort of opportunity," Raizen said as his own Reiatsu doubled. When this occurred, half of the power he held was that of a Hollow, and there was a ripple pattern-covered mask upon his face. His left hand reached out to grab this Hollow by its mask. This effort stopped the Hollow in its tracks, much to the Hollow's surprise. "Let me guess... With the power of two Captains backing you, you thought yourself capable of taking on a simple Vice-Captain and surprising whoever made you run out of the Seireitei with the power you still had leftover? That's a shame. You'd have been better off attacking another Captain."

The Hollow, Ghost, darted away from Raizen the moment these words were spoken. Surely this was only a temporary influx in power, and he had only been stopped during a moment of surprise. "Ahh. You're some trickster, Shinigami. It looks like you were able to boost your power enough to stop my attack, but there's no more of that!" True enough, the mask upon Raizen's face was already fading away, and with it, his power boost. Instead of seeming disappointed by this, though, he merely brought his right hand to his face again. "Hmph. I did say I was looking for an opportunity, didn't I? It was an opportunity to test my new abilities," Raizen stated. With that, he summoned his mask once more. The Hollow's eyes widened as Raizen regained his power boost and vanished from sight. When Raizen reappeared, he did so to Ghost's immediate fore, his right hand held out with a small collection of black Reiryoku within. "Killing you, though..." he said as the mask quickly shattered again. "Is easy enough with my own power. Hadou no Kyuujuu... Kurohitsugi." The energy in Raizen's hand erupted, reforming in the shape of a black box around the Hollow's body. Several spear-like protrusions were around this box, and all of them simultaneously shrank inward as the box collapsed. At the end, the Hollow was left with deep lacerations along its body. It began fading away immediately afterward, leaving traces of all the Reiatsu it had taken around the area. "Sou ka. Only one third its full power. Maybe more would have been possible if the mask stayed."

Soon enough this hollow's Reiatsu was disappearing and Tamao arrived on scene in time to see the creation of the high level Kidou spell but not the masked form this young man possessed. She was still quite surprised though, this individual was a recently made Vice-Captain and for him to show power like this was beyond what she'd expect of even a seasoned Vice-Captain. "Well done, Kumori-fukutaichou. And here I was searching to end that Hollow and there was a Vice-Captain capable of the task." Tamao said though she looked at the boy suspiciously. "Though it was agreed among Captains to tell their Vice-Captains to report any sightings of this particular hollow to avoid any potential problems..."

As Raizen's hand lowered, he was met by the Captain who hunted the lamprey Hollow. Immediately upon hearing her words, he turned toward her and bowed. "Arigatou gozaimasu, Tamamura-taichou," he said. When the white-haired male rose from his bow, he was accosted to some extent. He stood akimbo with a raised brow, understanding that he had gone against what was requested of him. "Hai. Himotoya-taichou did tell me that, but the Hollow sought to make me its new vessel. It seemed to have high intelligence though, so I took it upon myself to kill it when it attacked me. It was an easy enough task, and if I hadn't done it, it's possible the Hollow's plan could have gone through when I let my guard down. Isn't that the reason you were coming to kill it?"

Tamamura heard out what the young man had to say after he accepted her praise. she found his attitude and general demeanor to be better than she expected of most, and thus she was willing to make a small allowance since he'd so properly justified his reasoning behind going against the orders given to him. She thought highly of following the rules, but she understood that mid-combat occasionally decisions had to be made which weren't normally done for the sake of all involved. "That reasoning is acceptable, Kumori-fukutaichou. And yes, the reason I was coming here was to finish the job I started in killing it..." she said before turning as if she intended to head back. "Do see that you try and follow your orders a bit more closely when you can. We are an organization of rules, and they must be upheld," said the woman. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go see the Captain-Commander," And soon after this the pink haired woman would disappear from sight. She'd felt the disperse of all taken quantities of Reiryoku and felt that there was no need to tarry here any longer. Though the young Vice-Captain she'd come across was a bit suspicious, he'd done nothing she wouldn't have attempted under similar circumstances.

"Hai. Understood, Tamamura-taichou," Raizen said with another bow. The Captain would then vacate the premises, leaving him virtually alone in the district. Raizen took a moment thereafter to look into his open palm and contemplate these Hollow powers of his. 'Donning the mask a second time works... but not nearly for the same amount of time as the first. This is becoming interesting,' he thought. Soon enough, he moved on toward the Seireitei once more.

In the shadow of a mountain which pretty much contained the entirety of the West Rukongai 3rd District was a building which was built traditionally. There was a sign out front marking it as the 'Kisaragi Dojo' and its master was listed as Kisaragi Saya. The Master of this Dojo was sitting inside, having taken a meditative pose in the floor of the old place she didn't presently have any students and wasn't expecting any visitors. Across her lap a giant walking stick which she used to augment the movements lost by her missing left leg. As she sat the approach of an individual most familiar. "Shishou, Tadaima." said a small redhead with bandages wrapped across her chest, hands and feet. Instead of the normal fire red hakama she'd be used to seeing the girl in, she was wearing the black hakama which belonged to a Shinigami shihakusho. Upon entering the redhead immediately bowed, this would likely be seen as one of the most respectful the girl had been to literally anyone.

The woman's black pigtails moved about her shoulders as she rotated her shoulders and opened her eyes their grayish green color being hidden behind the glint coming in from one of the upper windows. "Jeez, Kiddo. You're in deplorable state. I didn't feel you coming, have you gotten that weak?" the woman asked which only made the redhead smile. "Nothing like that, and totally not what I'm here for... Also you aren't even gonna welcome me home?" as the redhead who seemed to pout just a little which caused the black haired woman to smile as she stood. If one simply looked at her, it was almost impossible to tell, that she was indeed missing a leg, but Benihime knew this to be the case, she'd found it out the hard way once. "Okaerinasai, Hime-chan. Now aside from becoming a piss-poor whiny brat, who've you brought with you?" she asked the girl who looked wide eyed. "Oh, this is the Vice-Captain of the 12th Division, Tatsuya," she said rising from her bow. Saya's left brow rose, she hadn't seen this child since her graduation she didn't even have any idea what Division she'd joined until Baiken had stopped by and they'd had a chat about her new recruit. "Oh, nice to meet you, I'm... Kisaragi Saya." she said to the lad, seeming to have a different attitude for him than the one she displayed for Benihime.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast