Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinigami Tournament of Power Stadium

"Lacking? Yare yare daze." Soon, Terumi was able to land on the ground, thanks to a loss of Akiko's gravity effect that had been plaguing him. Now that he had some ability to relax, he went about regaining his composure over the course of a few moments. "Sumima, Aki-tan~" he said while righting his hood. Terumi then stood with his knives brought together, one closed, and one open with its blade facing away from the other. "I can't keep dealin' with this sorta thing. Bankai," Suddenly, Terumi's Reiatsu rose exponentially; his green aura spread from his body and blades, coating both as they morphed together and enlarged. His closed blade became something like a snake's head, while the other simply became a single blade the size of the original butterfly knife. These two segments were connected by a black-and-green chain of sorts, made from Terumi's Reiryoku. "Kibao no Muchi." At the declaration of his Bankai's name, Terumi slipped his hands into the pockets of his cloak. The chain of his Bankai encircled him numerous times as the snake's head swayed to and fro. "Kousou," he said, prompting the snake to lunged toward Akiko with its chain extending to make the range possible. Halfway toward the woman's location, the snake's mouth opened, allowing it to attempt biting into her torso with fangs no less sharp and deadly than the waves he utilized with his Shikai.

It seemed that Terumi didn't much agree that her abilities were lacking compared to that of her peers. Of course, it seemed that the young woman wouldn't really be capable of commenting on that, as the man took the opportunity of her let up on her offensive to fix himself up visually and release his Bankai. The sudden influx of Reiatsu was enough to give Akiko a bit of pause though the entire time she seemed to be quite amused by it. 'Right on time...' she thought, though she wasn't entirely sure of what she'd soon be up against, it didn't much seem to matter to the young woman. "Has the nerve to talk about not petting a cat that hisses at him... has ordered a snake to bite me twice. The irony of this situation cannot be understated~" the woman said as she soon found herself at the wrong end of a snake mouth. Though this time she was ready the doubled blades previously created by her Shikai all seemed to fly into the mouth of the snake at once. Her aim to pin its jaws open at least for a moment. "At this rate, I'm going to have to do something drastic~" the pink haired cat woman said.

"Bankai," there was a massive influx of Reiatsu from this woman as well, and a sudden feeling of overwhelming pressure would accompany it as she crushed the core of her Shikai within her hand. Doing so caused her body to be encased in a rush of flame like material and when the young woman emerged from the center she seemed to have a large halo behind her and her right hand (the one previously holding her Shikai) had a giant glowing symbol on the back of it, similar to the dial previously used to manipulate gravity. Her left arm seemed to be normal sized but also covered in the same material. Her own body, was presently floating off the ground as her very large singular flaming tail seemed to shift about just a bit. "Chikakukaidokagizume..." she finished calling the name of her true power which seemed to solidify it in some way. Given her current floating state, her very body was emanating anti-gravity at present, and the large ring behind her back pulsed this, which she aimed to use to cause Terumi to float once more, as she floated towards him, if she reached, she'd extend that glowing right hand and press it into his chest, multiplying gravity for him specifically so that he'd crash towards the ground once more in a single touch.

Terumi's Bankai had its mouth forced to remain open, but the eventual release of Akiko's Bankai allowed it closure from its position at her earlier location. "That's a freaky arm," was all the green-haired man had to say about the appearance of this Bankai. "It's givin' me the creeps~" Soon, Terumi was levitating due to a removal of gravity in the space around him. This didn't seem to bother the Captain at all, but when Akiko approached with her hand extended, the other end of his chain moved. The blade at the tail of his Bankai took its position in front of his chest, with its sharp end toward Akiko. If she wished to progress and subject him to this gravity by touching his chest, she would first have to deal with the blade threatening to cut through her hand to allow passage. Meanwhile, the head end of Terumi's Bankai was continuing to move along the same path it had earlier, picking up velocity en route to the arena stands. Just before reaching any spectators, it disappeared, seeming to become the chain alone traveling into a void space. The head instantly reappeared in the air above Akiko, coming down with the intention of biting her head from above.

"Oh cut it out, you're gonna give me a complex..." the woman said, at the mention that her Bankai's form was apparently 'freaky'. Even so it seemed she wouldn't immediately be allowed to deal the damage she intended, the tail end of the man's Bankai being used in the manner of a spike to keep the young woman from wanting to directly apply pressure to him through her original means. Even so, she didn't seem at all bothered by this and instead seemed to look at him curiously. She'd not failed to notice the movement of his Bankai had continued, and it only made her curious about how far it could go, but knowing there was no real danger to the crowd she could only do one thing, gamble on the direction the strike would come from. 'Assuming it can't come back the straight way it came, that leaves forward, already guarded by snake tail over his chest, up or down, because left or right are too easily defensible. Heads a knockout strike so...' within a few seconds of mental dialogue the young woman raised her right and slid her body gently to the left, allowing a raising of a singular pillar of stone from below enough to clog the open mouth of the snake once more. Doing so however lost her the immediate advantage of holding Terumi hostage, or so it would seem. "Eeeh, that was close! That's pretty dangerous, Yuuki-taichou, a head strike at that speed would have knocked me out cold, at the very least~" the young woman mentioned. Instead of aiming to push her hand into Terumi, she instead lifted her right hand again, which would cause a second pillar of the ground to rather suddenly rise beneath the man aiming to batter the man from below with blunt force without changing the overall use of the gravity she was presently subjecting him to.

With Akiko occupying her otherwise free hand against the serpent's head, Terumi was all but clear to begin his onslaught. This may have seemed momentarily halted by the ground being risen to slam into him from below, but in fact, the snake head had already vanished once again. This had occurred during the attempt to keep its mouth ajar once more. As Terumi was launched into the air by Akiko's secondary pillar, the head of his Bankai reappeared through another tear in space at Akiko's rear; its aim this time being to latch onto her lower torso by sinking its fangs into both of the woman's sides. "Should have taken it. My Kibao no Muchi don't slow down 'til it bites what I sick it on."

A frown came to Akiko's face in this moment, as she was already on the path to thinking the thing that Terumi was explaining about the nature of his Zanpakuto, mostly because it had already disappeared, though it'd left Terumi himself rather open to attack. "You're making me move around too much, Yuuki-taichou. I'm not into all this exercise," she mentioned as she immediately increased the gravity around herself, causing her body to plummet towards the ground at rapid pace, dodging the closing jaws of the snake chasing her by a mere hair's breadth. Of course, this was an ongoing gamble, as she was sincerely only left with one choice, which was trying rather starkly to eliminate Terumi before she was herself eliminated. Her own thoughts being that even if it could infinitely chase her about, there had to be a limit as to how long it could do so, she simply had to get the timing of her movements perfectly and use the time in between attacks to continue battering the 3rd Division's Captain. As part of this, her last ditch effort began, the increase in gravity was immediately directed at Terumi who'd so recently had a pillar battered into his being, her next aim was to slam him into the already raised, pillar, increasing the force upon him so that he'd smash all the way through it until he reached the ground once more.

"Really?" he replied. For one who claimed to not be into such exercise, Akiko seemed to be getting around just fine. "I thought cats liked to run around a lot." The woman's evasion left the snake head a clear path toward Terumi's chest, and at the velocity it moved, it seemed as if it would bite him. Just before making contact with its master's body, it tore through space again. 'Wait,' he thought. His Zanpakutou had yet to make any sort of resurgence this time around, but there were now three locations where its chain was present; all of which were in the immediate area. With gravity being applied to him again, Terumi crashed into the pillar previously used to strike him, and was forced through it into a hole in the ground. A cough escaped him, and with it came a spurt of blood. However, as he lay there still, he grinned. "Ayatsuki-taichou~♪" he sang when the coughing stopped. Suddenly, the head of his Bankai appeared again to Akiko's right, aiming to simply pass by her. Over the course of three seconds, it would vanish and continue reappearing to leave a total of eight segments of its chain behind to surround the woman at all angles. "You stayed between Kibao no Muchi's chains. My Zanpakutou ain't the venomous kind of snake," he said. Just then, if Akiko had not found her way out of the trap, the chains which crossed through space at numerous points would be pulled together, defying reality itself in Terumi's effort to bind her in place. If this happened, the head would appear above the pink-haired Captain once more, coming down with its jaw unhinging and the head itself enlarging to swallow her whole. Anyone who found themselves consumed by Terumi's Bankai would be subjected to a raw, offensive Reiryoku around them, as if being digested by the serpent.

"Really, I have a hovering chair for day to day movements~" she mentioned as if this was a very normal thing. To be perfectly honest, the Captain of the 12th Division wasn't really much of an outdoors person, nor the wandering and roaming type of cat. This fight would be all the exercise she'd need for years, and she'd been trying not to do much and it was proving to be quite the challenge. It seemed she was finally getting some reprieve, as she actually managed to make a connecting hit on the 3rd Division's Captain, that being said he was still grinning, and his Bankai seemed to still be on the move. As she stood still, she watched as a chain came from her right with the head attached and passed her. She watched this happen again, and again, and again. A total of eight times seeming to be amused by it in her stationary position. It was mentioned as she stood and watched these moving bit of chain that, the Bankai held by the Captain of the 3rd Division wasn't venomous, it became obvious in this moment that there was a trap set, and she'd already fallen into it. A bit of a smirk came to her face as she realized she was unable to move by the binding of these chains. "You don't say... welp... this isn't gonna be pleasant huh?"

The woman's rhetorical question was followed by her being swallowed whole by the Zanpakuto and thus subjected to the Reiryoku raw within its body. 'Huh, I suppose there are a couple of things I could try...' she thought as she balled herself up quite a bit pulling tail and legs and her over-sized arm into herself to help protect from the raw energy she was surrounded by.

"Nah... it'll be fine," he said. Now that the snake head had consumed Akiko, as well as its own chains, the blade at its tail end fell to Terumi's side. Within the serpent, the chains which bound Akiko would soon absorb into her body, along with the Reiryoku which bound her. Soon enough, all the energy which created Terumi's Bankai was gone, with the only traces of it to be found in Akiko's body. The snake head, once this process was done, would collapse on the ground. In this time, Terumi managed to pick himself up and regain his composure from the previous attacks against him. "Mendokuse~. Looks like my Bankai's dead. What a shame; guess I have to fight without it~♪"

"I don't believe you..." Akiko mentioned but soon after she was swallowed she was also released, what a very strange sensation that was, as she rolled out and on the ground surprisingly enough on all fours, as if she needed to balance herself. This was only made stranger by the extremely long arm on her right side. Soon, Terumi claimed his Bankai was dead, Akiko had plenty of time to think while she was being digested and had a more than reasonable idea of what was actually happening. As such she immediately dialed up gravity, but surprisingly enough she directed this inward at herself, causing her own knees to buckle under the weight of the gravity, but her aim was to force whatever out of her body, which should be the only reason she could affect herself with her abilities in such a way. This cemented her idea and allowed her to feel quite clever in this moment. "Yuuki-taichou, that is a bit dishonest, and extremely invasive," she said as she then aimed to force gravity out of herself while explaining how she'd come to this conclusion. "You have a whole snake thing going, constriction, biting, swallowing prey whole and all that jazz. This, 'dead' snake of yours doesn't make sense. It just ate, a pretty hefty meal I might add. It shouldn't be dead, though I am guessing it's a bit too big to move right now, which begs the question where is it?" the woman said as she pulled a singular lollipop out of her own sleeve and began consuming it.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast