Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinigami Tournament of Power Stadium

Early on the next day, the first fight of the semifinals' last round was about to begin. In this fight, one participant was the sole remaining competitor of many who'd entered this tournament from the 11th Division. Most within the audience would not have been surprised by this fact, as this particular young male was the 11th Division's 4th Seat, Koiso Ryohei. The brown-haired lad was rumored to wield a Zanpakutou that would not be suited to any division other than that which he was a member of, but it had yet to be unveiled here in this tournament. Perhaps today would be the day. Regardless, he now stepped onto the fighting ring to take on the next challenge, hoping to get a bit more enjoyment out of this match-up than the ones he had previously.

This same day, a woman with pink hair pulled up in a messy ponytail entered the battle field as well. She had a tattoo like marking on her face and one of her eyes covered by a patch. The layers of her outfit all seemed fine and she kept a sword sheathed on her left hip, her left hand hovering over it. If one closely looked at her right, they would notice nothing of a limb there, and the sleeve of the right side blowing in the wind. Even so, she seemed to be excited, and fully ready to start this battle and she knew if no one else had provided her any real sport, someone of the 11th Division could. She was a former member of the 11th Division herself, and was more than well aware of the power which its higher seated members boasted. "Let the battles of the 4th Seats begin!" the announcer said before disappearing and the woman had a single leg slide forward as she prepared. "Oi, Ryohei... let's have some real fun." said the young woman before she took off. During her run forward purely on physical speed she drew her katana and immediately aimed to slash at the young boy from his right to his left side. This was her chosen battle greeting of the day....

The announcement of the battle's beginning brought a toothy grin to the mouth of Ryohei. His opponent's words thereafter gave him an incredible surge of energy via anticipation. "It will be my pleasure..." he spake in an eerie tone. During her approach, he unsheathed his own sword in a mighty sweep. He did this with enough force to meet the pink-haired woman's forward momentum, slamming his sword into hers. With this standoff occurring, Ryohei took a step forward while pushing against her Zanpakutou. Only then would his sentence reach its proper end and segue into additional speech. "Ketsugama no Baiken! I never thought I'd get the chance to clash with you after you left. This really gets my blood pumping!"

It would seem that the young man was on the same line of thought as Baiken was herself. Beyond this he met her coming slash with his own weapon, she couldn't help but find it amusing that he spoke of her using a name she no longer heard with the regularity or weight it once carried. A cheeky smirk appeared on the woman's face as she took a step forward shifting her grip on her blade so that she could try and slide it further down and around the boy's sword before aiming a follow up strike his way and aim to put some space between them, with a slash that would either cut into the flesh of his torso in a diagonal from his right to his left or cause him to move away from it. "I haven't heard that name in ages... but I'm always up for a good fight!!"

As Baiken's sword slid down his blade, Ryohei rotated his to meet its movements. He quickened the turn of his own sword just before the blades were parallel, allowing him to be holding it upside-down against Baiken's slash attempt. Once again, there was a brief standoff due to this. "Haven't lost the thirst with those scientists, huh? Good!" he said while taking a step back, clearing his blade of Baiken's and allowing the latter sword to finish its arc through thin air. An immediate step forward would ensue, leading him directly against Baiken's left side with his sword sweeping through the air toward her abdomen, aimed while the momentum of Baiken's slash remained.

The arc of Baiken's sword was allowed to finish, but she soon found the young man had instead of moving away, tucked himself further into her left side. This shifted what she could do, because she had to hold her sword with her left hand. Beyond this there was a sword headed for her torso and apparently nothing she could do about it, until of course, a clawed hook emerged from her empty sleeve to catch the blade. The sound of metal hitting metal was one which was unmistakable as Baiken aimed to use her left leg to try and sweep the young man off his feet, thus freeing herself to take a step and change the grip of her weapon to a normal one in preparation for the coming onslaught.

In the crowd during this fight, a certain redhead had started in her seat at the front row of the Twelfth Division's section, but currently she'd shifted so that she was sitting on the banister which over hung a lower section her eyes glued to the brutality of the fight taking place. Presently, she was eating several sticks of dango. "Sugei!~" the young woman chimed seeming to find something of great interest taking place before her. 'Gratuitous violence Benihime, didn't know this was something you liked.' mentioned the voice in her head.

Ryohei's slash, upon reaching the end of its arc, gave him a sensation he knew all too well. However, it was not at all the sensation he had been going for; this was a defense set up by a weapon. 'Nani?' he thought. Ryohei knew it was virtually impossible for the woman to guard using her sword from this angle, but he had certainly made contact with metal. During his moment of surprise, Ryohei's equilibrium was thrown off as his footing was taken from underneath him. Allowing his momentum to carry him into a roll, he righted himself quickly, only to realize thereafter that Baiken had moved away. It was then that he saw how she defended herself: the chain dangling out of her right sleeve. His lips curled upward into a wicked grin. "Hoh? Not so armless after all, are we? That's a dirty trick; I like it."

"Oh you think that's a dirty trick, Ryohei?" Baiken asked seeming to think nothing of it. In fact, she seemed to think of it, as making up for something she'd lost. Something she seemed to take much better than the other person who'd ended up in a similar situation. "I still haven't gotten used to it yet... it's been almost six decades," said the woman as the chain rose back into her sleeve. It was the benefit of bedding oneself with scientists, there was always a work around. Always something which can be done to fix yourself when you have a misstep. She saw that the boy had recovered quickly had she been any slower that could have been a secondary grevious injury. Still, she couldn't help but smile as she held her sword out in front of her. "Alright, I'm warmed up now... whaddaya say we skip the appitizers and go straight for the main course," she stood her Reiatsu beginning to pulse, a blood-thirsty and ominous aura. The main rule of this tournament was that no one was supposed to die, and she had the perfect answer for that... and someone worth using it on. "Nomihosu...." her sword transformed at this point into a triple scythe with all its blades on the outside, a long chain connected to one end of it. "Chidamari." she finished as she swung the long blade out towards the young man seeming to start a rampage as she aimed to have it slash across his chest. "She's thirsty... and your blood will do just fine!~"

While this happened Benihime seemed to be enthused, she'd stopped with a dango just shy of her mouth as she saw the claw like gadget fall from the sleeve of her fourth seated peer. "Sou ka, I was right, I am the only normal seated officer left in this division." she said mostly to herself but surprisingly enough the Twelfth Division Captain was leaning against the banister right beside the young woman and seemed to choose this moment to speak up. "Ah, don't say that... Tatsu-chan is perfectly normal..." she said which made Benihime narrow her eyes slightly. "Sure, he is... what with the striking resemblance he bears to a certain 10th Division Vice-Captain and his intimate knowledge of Zanpakuto behave. I swear... his is bonded to him in a way I couldn't possibly fathom~" said the redhead which in turn caused the Captain's eyes to widen. She didn't know when this woman stood up, but she definitely wasn't used to people sneaking up on her. As such she felt her statement was a bit of payback for the intrusion. "Hm... you're cleverer than I thought. And I had you pegged for a genius to start with..." said the Captain. "Arigatou gozaimasu... also... sumimasen." she said to the woman who looked confused. "I thought about it more and I shouldn't have lied to you..." said the young woman her Captain then pushed glasses up on her face. "You're all about your privacy, I figured that out already... it's fine. We do what we think is necessary to further our own goals, but you could have just said you weren't interested in the promotion... I'm fine with that... but you only spur more curiosity by hiding," said the Captain as she paused taking out two pink lollipops and having one for herself and giving one to the girl.

"Sou ka. Still, that's not the reason I haven't seen it before now, is it?" Ryohei asked. He had observed bits and pieces of Baiken's earlier battles during the down-time from his own, and at no point had he witnessed the use of this tool. It was always possible that he'd simply missed the parts where it was used, but he doubted that was the case. In fact, he attributed it to the same reason he had yet to unleash his Shikai outside of a few select missions. Speaking of Shikai, Baiken's next statement implied a use of hers, and her following actions gave precedence to this idea. He had yet to see with his own eyes the sickle which gave Baiken her epithet, and now that he saw it, he understood everything. This obviously was not a weapon meant for fighting; it was one meant for maiming. "Now we're on the same page," he said while switching his katana to his left hand and raising it high overhead. His Reiatsu flared with a crimson aura surrounding him, converging on the sword in a manner akin to blood travelling through veins. His Zanpakutou was virtually screaming as he issued its command. "Buttegire...!" The blood-like glow around his katana suddenly seemed to crystallize, as if coagulating until it became metal as the blade grew out and around. This process turned his weapon into a cleaver with diamond patterns along its blade, which extended itself downward to parallel the handle. "Kubikiri Orochi!"

With his Shikai now in hand, Ryohei slashed out against Baiken's Zanpakutou once more. In this particular case, due to the strange form this sickle had, his cleaver clashed against its center blade, leaving its outermost blade the freedom to stab through his pectoral. A simple, more forceful push removed the blade from his flesh, but Ryohei thought something was a bit off about being struck by this weapon. He couldn't quite tell what it was just yet, but he figured he would find out soon enough. "First blood. I expect nothing less," he said. In the next moment, Ryohei was gripping his weapon with both hands. Using the extra strength from this grip, he aimed to push Baiken's scythe away, only to immediately follow with a slash that would travel from her left shoulder to the bottom-right side of her rib cage.

"Of course not, I've been beating people one armed... I'm sure you've noticed," she said to the boy. It was true, the battling spirit was lacking in quite a few ways from most people. It didn't take much to physically overpower most of the people she'd been up against. But when a battle like the one presently happening was up on the table, nothing was off-limits. Regardless this young man seemed to be up to the task of joining her in a battle of their Shikais. She also noticed that he hadn't used his prior to this moment, and she wasn't upset about this, when you can win without using it, then it's fine, but... Zanpakuto were individuals and some of them really liked to fight, hers was one such as this and so were the ones which belonged to most true members of the 11th Division.

He met her with the release of his weapon and when she saw it, she was in awe of it. It was something which resonated through most of the crowd as they seemed to get really into this fight by virtue of what was going on here. As Baiken's blade was blocked the outer most made contact with the boy's flesh. He commented that he expected her to take first blood, and if they were being honest so did she. "Chidamari is a greedy woman, she'll have her fill of blood whether it's mine or yours doesn't even matter!" What happened next was the young man using both his hands to force the woman away and follow up with a strike meant to slash at the woman from upper left to bottom right. She was indeed pushed back but the blades seemed to glide back down, at a much quicker pace allowing her to absorb a bit of the slash diverting its depth just a bit, though not its path. The wound became a bit more shallow and a spurt of blood escaped the young woman coating one side of her weapon. "Sugei!~ It's been a while for something like that..." she mentioned as she changed something about her fighting stance as she stood, the chain which had previously emerged from her sleeve came out instead as a strange connector bit which connected directly the end of her Zanpakuto, securing it for use as a proper weapon. "Come on!~" she said her missing right arm swing the blade back around as she wrapped the cord of it around her left hand swinging the entire weapon around in front of her like it was a kusarigama only much larger than any standard form of that weapon.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast