Thread: [12th Division Barracks]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[12th Division Barracks]

Like all the other barracks, the 12th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 12th. It includes all the modern amenities and scientific extras one could expect, as well as general living quarters and gathering places for members of the 12th Division.

Walking through the barracks of the 12th Division was its 3rd Seat, Tatsuya. His over-sized sleeves billowed behind him as he walked past various members of the division. Suddenly, he stopped before a particular group of conversing unseated members. There were four of them in total, and all four happened to be under his supervision. "You three, you have patrol duty today. As for you; head to lab six and help with the new project," he said to these Shinigami. The first three moved on without question, but the third seemed hesitant. "Tatsuya-san, I'm not good with those kinds of experiments," was this one's reply. Tatsuya merely continued walking forward, having only one thing to say about this clause. "Join the experiment, or become the next one; I don't care which."

As Tatsuya was giving his ultimatum to a particularly hesitant unseated officer, his captain approached. She had two tails at her lower back and seemed to have cat ears atop her head, hidden in tufts of her pink hair. She smiled happily as she watched the boy who was aptly the pinnacle of her scientific ingenuity give orders to other members with absent minded cool. "Tatsu-chan~ Ohayou!~" said the woman as she came to a stop beside him, her own hands slipped out of the over-sized sleeves of her lab coat like haori which seemed to have closed cat-paws at the ends. She carried in her hand a small box and came with a proposition for the young man.

Whether it was known to anyone else in the room or not, a young woman with crimson locks was perched in the rafters. In a dark corner watching all take place below her. She too was an unseated officer, but she seemed to have been overlooked on several occasions. For whatever reason she seemed to be fine with this, and remained in her seated position out of sight, even as their captain entered the room and their third seat gave orders to others who fell under his purview.

While moving away from the unseated group, Tatsuya was halted once more. This time, it was due in full to the presence of this division's Captain. Upon stopping, he looked up into the woman's face and spoke in a rather bland tone of voice. "Ohayou gozaimasu," he said. In the absence of the Vice-Captain, Yonsokei, Tatsuya had taken on additional responsibilities. It was his assumption now that there were more about to be given to him, so he chose to wait silently for whatever the Captain had in store.

Meanwhile, the red-haired lass in the rafters was joined by another. It was not a person to move toward her, but instead, a small white snake with eyes the same as Tatsuya's. The serpent slithered toward her from her left, raising its head upon reaching her. It seemed to have intentions of only staring at this young woman, but its true purpose would perhaps be revealed at a later time.

The Captain of the Twelfth Division seemed to fiddle with the box in her hand. She really wasn't good at these social interactions, even with her own subordinates. Even so, she had something she needed to ask of this young man and she'd see what his response was. "Ano, you've been doing a great job with everyone since Yonsokei's untimely demise. These things happen and you've been a great help around here..." she said feeding a few compliments. "Would you be interested in maintaining that level of involvement, I think you'd make a great Vice-Captain." she said opening the box to show a newly crafted Vice-Captain's badge specifically for this young man if he wanted it. It was up to Captains who they chose as their seconds, and though normally one with a bit more experience was usually necessary, she felt that for the type of place she ran, Tatsuya would be best.

The redhead watched from the rafters shifting slightly at the approaching snake. 'How... did you get in here or up here?' she wondered as it rose its head but paused at her fore. This wasn't a scary thing, but... she didn't know anything about the creature, it would be bad to end up with a snake bite, so she kept an eye on it while the potentially new Vice-Captain was offered his position. 'Eh, our peers are setting a horrid precedent for the rest of us... this one is gonna make it so I'll have to push really hard,' she thought as she reached out with a single hand and a very low whisper for the snake. "I really hope you're friendly. I have never handled a snake before, don't bite me... yeah? You'll get me caught..." she said her voice exceedingly low.

Tatsuya found himself looking into the box opened by his Captain, finding the arm-band for their division's Vice-Captain within. Apparently, this woman thought to make him her new Vice-Captain. Tatsuya immediately reached out to claim the badge, speaking only after grabbing it. "I was always stronger than Yonsokei anyway. I expected this," he said while strapping the badge to his left sleeve. "Were you waiting for this to assign positions to the new recruits?" he went on to ask.