Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [12th Division Barracks]

[12th Division Barracks]

Like all the other barracks, the 12th Division Barracks house the offices and living quarters of the Shinigami of the 12th. It includes all the modern amenities and scientific extras one could expect, as well as general living quarters and gathering places for members of the 12th Division.

Walking through the barracks of the 12th Division was its 3rd Seat, Tatsuya. His over-sized sleeves billowed behind him as he walked past various members of the division. Suddenly, he stopped before a particular group of conversing unseated members. There were four of them in total, and all four happened to be under his supervision. "You three, you have patrol duty today. As for you; head to lab six and help with the new project," he said to these Shinigami. The first three moved on without question, but the third seemed hesitant. "Tatsuya-san, I'm not good with those kinds of experiments," was this one's reply. Tatsuya merely continued walking forward, having only one thing to say about this clause. "Join the experiment, or become the next one; I don't care which."

As Tatsuya was giving his ultimatum to a particularly hesitant unseated officer, his captain approached. She had two tails at her lower back and seemed to have cat ears atop her head, hidden in tufts of her pink hair. She smiled happily as she watched the boy who was aptly the pinnacle of her scientific ingenuity give orders to other members with absent minded cool. "Tatsu-chan~ Ohayou!~" said the woman as she came to a stop beside him, her own hands slipped out of the over-sized sleeves of her lab coat like haori which seemed to have closed cat-paws at the ends. She carried in her hand a small box and came with a proposition for the young man.

Whether it was known to anyone else in the room or not, a young woman with crimson locks was perched in the rafters. In a dark corner watching all take place below her. She too was an unseated officer, but she seemed to have been overlooked on several occasions. For whatever reason she seemed to be fine with this, and remained in her seated position out of sight, even as their captain entered the room and their third seat gave orders to others who fell under his purview.

While moving away from the unseated group, Tatsuya was halted once more. This time, it was due in full to the presence of this division's Captain. Upon stopping, he looked up into the woman's face and spoke in a rather bland tone of voice. "Ohayou gozaimasu," he said. In the absence of the Vice-Captain, Yonsokei, Tatsuya had taken on additional responsibilities. It was his assumption now that there were more about to be given to him, so he chose to wait silently for whatever the Captain had in store.

Meanwhile, the red-haired lass in the rafters was joined by another. It was not a person to move toward her, but instead, a small white snake with eyes the same as Tatsuya's. The serpent slithered toward her from her left, raising its head upon reaching her. It seemed to have intentions of only staring at this young woman, but its true purpose would perhaps be revealed at a later time.

The Captain of the Twelfth Division seemed to fiddle with the box in her hand. She really wasn't good at these social interactions, even with her own subordinates. Even so, she had something she needed to ask of this young man and she'd see what his response was. "Ano, you've been doing a great job with everyone since Yonsokei's untimely demise. These things happen and you've been a great help around here..." she said feeding a few compliments. "Would you be interested in maintaining that level of involvement, I think you'd make a great Vice-Captain." she said opening the box to show a newly crafted Vice-Captain's badge specifically for this young man if he wanted it. It was up to Captains who they chose as their seconds, and though normally one with a bit more experience was usually necessary, she felt that for the type of place she ran, Tatsuya would be best.

The redhead watched from the rafters shifting slightly at the approaching snake. 'How... did you get in here or up here?' she wondered as it rose its head but paused at her fore. This wasn't a scary thing, but... she didn't know anything about the creature, it would be bad to end up with a snake bite, so she kept an eye on it while the potentially new Vice-Captain was offered his position. 'Eh, our peers are setting a horrid precedent for the rest of us... this one is gonna make it so I'll have to push really hard,' she thought as she reached out with a single hand and a very low whisper for the snake. "I really hope you're friendly. I have never handled a snake before, don't bite me... yeah? You'll get me caught..." she said her voice exceedingly low.

Tatsuya found himself looking into the box opened by his Captain, finding the arm-band for their division's Vice-Captain within. Apparently, this woman thought to make him her new Vice-Captain. Tatsuya immediately reached out to claim the badge, speaking only after grabbing it. "I was always stronger than Yonsokei anyway. I expected this," he said while strapping the badge to his left sleeve. "Were you waiting for this to assign positions to the new recruits?" he went on to ask.

It seemed her new Vice-Captain was accepting of his position. And this was good because Akiko didn't have a plan for what to do in the rather rare case she was turned down. "Yes, you were always stronger than Yonsokei, I have a few upgrades in mind for his next incarnation but... I figured it would be best to go ahead and make you Vice-Captain," she mentioned happy that this young man was so keen to fill the role she'd always had in mind for him. "Oh shit! I knew I forgot something. We should gather them now. I can do this really easily..." she said of the recruits. There was one surefire for her to rank recruits and she could well do it.

Meanwhile the redhead in the rafters looked on in awe, still keeping an eye on this little snake as she was basically locked in a standoff with it. 'Crap, they are looking for recruits... I'll have to make myself known huh?' she said, but before anything else, she'd wait for the others to arrive if they were going to be summoned.

"Hai," Tatsuya replied. His next move was a rather simple one, as it consisted only of him turning around and looking up. Coincidentally, his gaze was set exactly in the direction of the redhead. "You can come down now. Waiting any longer will only make things more bothersome for everyone," he said. At about the same time, various other snakes slithered down the corridor. Each one spat out another unseated officer among the 12th Division's newest recruit wave, all of whom had been sedated by the serpents and brought to this location against their will. "These are all of the new members."

Benihime had been still watching this entire thing, but soon enogh she was being spoken to directly by the new Vice-Captain. Since all the snakes were converging upon him, she figured he was likely the source of the snake she'd been having a staring contest with. Even so, she soon found herself jumping down from her perch and she'd been seen right before the Captain and Vice-Captain. "Sumimasen," she apologized not really knowing what else to say. "Congratulations, Tatsuya-fukutaichou~" she added as a group of other more somber recruits joined her. One would notice she'd taken a bit of initiative and changed herself from the standard Shihakusho. Though she still wore the hakama which came with the attire, she seemed to have completely forgone the top, choosing instead to wear a plethora of bandages, white on the bottom and black on top across her chest. She was Niwatoko Benihime, and she looked at the rest of the recruits and wondered what had befallen them.

"Nice job Tatsu-chan~ I thought that was going to be a hassle. Anyways, you can release them now... well the rest of them. I need them to be mostly themselves." she said of the rest of the recruits. She was also shifting her hands about, inside of the large sleeves and removing several black lollipops. She'd then subsequently aim to throw one in each of the open mouths of the recruits including Benihime who reflexively caught her own. "Oh?" said the Captain seemingly interested as she inspected the redhead, Benihime looked at the confection then placed it in her mouth as the Captain Spoke to her new Vice-Captain. "Which one was this one?"

"Good," Tatsuya said when Benihime chose to descend from the rafters. "It would have been troublesome to sedate you as well." When these words were spoken, the snake that had joined Benihime descended, landing atop his shoulder to rest there. At the Captain's instructions which followed, Tatsuya gave a mental command to the other snakes, willing them to deliver bites to the Shinigami they brought in. In doing so, they retrieved the lasting sedative from the blood streams of these individuals back into their bodies, allowing the Shinigamis' bodily functions to return to them. "Fifteen seconds should be enough for them to wake up. If not, I suggest not ranking them. As for this one," he continued, shifting his gaze toward Benihime to address Akiko's other concern. "Niwatoko Benihime, the one I mentioned from this year's graduation ceremony... First Class, first year graduate with honors as valedictorian."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast