Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [12th Division Barracks]

"Sedating me would have been... troublesome?" she said this seeming to find it to be an odd thing for anyone to just admit to. Beyond this point the Captain of the Division was listening to what her Vice-Captain had to say, and she began counting. "Alright, that is pretty sound, within fifteen seconds anyone who can't take it will be unconscious again anyways. Anyone still awake in now... 5 seconds will be seated." she mentioned. Only to wait out the remaining few seconds to see how many were still standing. Benihime seemed to think this an odd thing to say, the confection within her mouth gave her plenty of energy... like resting for hours or days at a time would have. "Eh, you don't have to say all that..." the young redhead said rubbing the back of her head, seemingly embarrassed by the wide eyed look she was subsequently given by her Captain. She then watched to see what happened to the other recruits, she herself had never felt better.

The Captain of the Twelfth Divsion began speaking once more. "Ooh? She's the one who was supposed to be really strong huh... obviously... last test though... what does that lollipop taste like to you?" she asked the young redhead who seemed to look a bit confused. It had a bitter sort of flavor behind something ever so slightly sweet. "Licorice. The lolly tastes like licorice, not my favorite but... I've had worse. It's really interesting though..." she mentioned seeming to find it a bit strange.

"Hai. Troublesome." Tatsuya chose to silently await the waking of the others, while Akiko went about questioning Benihime regarding the black lollipop. His attention was on the others, though he secretly knew what would become of the situation. Six Shinigami were sedated, and zero rose at the end of the countdown. "They'll be out for hours. Did this one pass your test?" he asked of the redhead, returning his attention to the Captain as his snakes took the unconscious ones away.

No one rose from the sedation. It seemed whatever was the case with the lollipops, they didn't function to wake the already sleeping ones. Akiko continued her examination of Benihime, poking at the redhead in various places which made the young woman narrow her eyes. "Yeah, they will be. Actually probably more like a few days. If they were that weak that overload of Reishi likely have them unable to move for a while," said Akiko as she looked at Benihime. "But this one... she's still standing, and it tastes like what it is to her... she's got more potential than anyone I've seen in the past couple of decades," she commented before adding a bit more. "Aside from you of course, Tatsu-chan." she said. Benihime seemed content to just listen quietly she had no idea what this pair of individuals though her capable of but it wasn't at all her intention to stand out. "So... Beni-chan~" she chimed instantly applying a nickname to the young woman which made her eyes widen just a bit. "Have you achieved Shikai? Random question I know, straight out of the Academy such things aren't expected, but..." she looked at the girl her eyes narrowing just a bit. "Iie Ayatsuki-taichou, bonding with my Zanpakuto is a bit slow going... I'll get it eventually," the redhead said absently having at the lollipop which she obviously intended to finish. "Tatsu-chan~ What do you say? If she had a Shikai, I'd likely make her 3rd Seat... but... It'd be a bit of an insult to rank her over Bai-chan, if she can't do at least as much as her~"

Once again, Tatsuya was silent. The Captain went on to question the only recruit that would be receiving any sort of rank at this time, choosing to state that the lass would receive the rank of 3rd Seat if she possessed Shikai. Benihime's response was one which made Tatsuya look at the redhead with narrowed eyes. He knew her words were untrue, but was mostly curious as to why she would speak these untruths. "Baiken is stronger," he said, though his curious look toward Benihime remained.

Benihime soon found herself on the opposite end of a very intense look of curiosity. Her eyes flickered over the young man, but to her credit, nothing about her face changed at all. 'Hmm, he knows I'm lying, that's different...' she thought such a thing made her chuckle just a bit, it seemed to be the case that she'd found her newest friend. Regardless, the Captain of the Twelfth Division took her Vice-Captain at his word and nodded. "Hai hai, Fifth Seat it is~ Beni-chan be good, work hard at it. You'll earn a promotion. Feel free to use the labs and ask myself or any of the others ranked higher than you if you need anything. If you feel like leading a mission or two, just let us know. I gotta go do a thing before I forget. Ja~" she said to the pairing at large, remembering to go finish putting in the necessary ranking additions while not seeming to care one way or another about this new Fifth Seat, though she did pause long enough to offer a pair of cherry lollipops to Benihime who accepted them without thinking too much. Soon enough this woman would disappear from sight and Benihime would simply be standing a hand rested on her hip. "Hai hai, ja ne, Ayatsuki-taichou, arigatou gozaimasu~" she chime afterwards before averting her gaze to Tatsuya. "You have a question, Tatsuya-fukutaichou?"

Eventually, the Captain left the barracks to go on about her own business, leaving Tatsuya and the division's new 5th Seat alone in this particular corridor. Within moments of this departure, the redhead spoke to the boy, asking him if he had some sort of question for her. In fact, he did. "Hai. You know what it is already. Why conceal a Zanpakutou?" he asked. Frankly, he saw no particular benefit to be gained from hiding such a fact.

Once they were alone the newly appointed Vice-Captain of the Twelfth Division stated that he did indeed have a question for the even newer appointed 5th Seat. She couldn't help but have a small smile come to her face when he questioned her need to hide her Zanpakuto, she figured by his question that most people didn't and she could even to a point understand why. "The simplest answer is because I don't like putting all my cards on the table. I am not that trusting of other people..." the young woman said as she allowed her hands to shift. Truly she found it to be better if everyone didn't know everything she was capable of, she was far too paranoid to believe anything else. She looked to this young man and something about him seemed a bit familiar but she couldn't quite place it. "You knew about my Zanpakuto but you didn't call me on it... why?" she asked seeming to find it strange, he definitely could have called her on it, and instead went along with her deception.

"Because you aren't trusting of other people, you lied to your Captain, whom you work for, about having Shikai? Did you expect someone to try and steal your Zanpakutou?" he asked with a tilted head. If nothing else, Tatsuya was now even more lost for a proper reason, but that didn't exactly matter to him directly. Benihime soon questioned why he did not bring up the fact that she lied in front of the Captain. Tatsuya found it interesting that she was curious about this, yet not the reason he knew she was lying in the first place. Again, though, this was inconsequential. "Because I know better. Ayatsuki-taichou is a genius among geniuses. She probably knew about your Shikai before she asked if you had one."

"That's a bit much, though admittedly, I'd rather not be more of a curiosity if it can be avoided. Stealing a Zanpakuto, though? If anyone could do it, probably be her," she said thinking about it more. She hadn't heard much about the Captain of the Twelfth but she did know the woman was a genius, and she'd heard about the woman was enough to make the redhead commit her name to memory which was probably saying much more than anything else could. "Ayatsuki-taichou looks like she appreciates secrets as much as I do. I've been around here a week and I've seen cameras everywhere, so I assume she knows everything she wants to know about me and everyone else." said Benihime about this place. Even so, she supposed it would be hard to explain to someone that she wasn't malevolent in her intentions.

"And you think your Zanpakutou will be alright with being shunned that way?" he asked rhetorically, moving immediately into the next topic. "If you're making that assumption, you should have just told her about your Shikai. You're only making things more difficult for yourself. Regardless, your first task will be to go to Lab One and tell them to introduce you to the SRDI protocols. If you're going to be less useful as a Shinigami, become more useful as a scientist. Are we clear, or are you offering yourself as the next experiment?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast