Thread: [Game of Thrones] RP Plot Discussion Thread

[Game of Thrones] RP Plot Discussion Thread

Welcome, one and all, to the discussion thread for the plot of the Game of Thrones RP. Before we get started, a few rules:

1. Be polite at all times.
    2. Please read and consider all suggestions, and be a good sport if we don't go with your suggestion.
    3. Please follow all forum rules.

So El and I have a couple of ideas as to what to do for the plot. The general idea we have currently is that the Seven Kingdoms are fractured at the moment, and people are trying to unite/win the Game of Thrones. We currently are uncertain as to whether or not someone should be on the Iron Throne presently, so yeah. Discuss.

Bleh, just here to make my official post lol! Let's get to brainstorming!

ElectricalSocketRaccoon
    I'm usually pretty terrible when it comes to brainstorming ideas for stories that don't end in a tasteful pun, but why not. As to whether or not a played house should be in control of the iron throne at the beginning of the story, It could be done well both ways, it's not a considerable advantage considering the average lifespan of a king in Westeros.
    So far the story sounds like it'll be quite enjoyable, do keep me updated.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricalSocketRaccoon View Post
    it's not a considerable advantage considering the average lifespan of a king in Westeros.
    Rekt.

As for the plot, I'm going with pretty much what has been said. I wanted House Targaryen to follow its original history a bit. So currently what I have is this: House Targaryen united the seven kingdoms 500-600 years ago and became the Royal House. From then until 15 years ago (Why 15 years? So we can have our characters experience these events, either first hand or from a distance) they ruled Westeros. Then a rebellion took place taking advantage of the declining number of dragons and surprisingly succeeded, resulting in the extermination of House Targaryen (except my character).

Things we need to cover:
    • Who led the rebellion?
    • What happened after the Royal house fell?
    • Did anybody take the Iron Throne? If yes who?
    • How did the Great Houses react? Who sided with who?

This will make a good starting point for the discussion. As for the Iron Throne, I personally think it would be more sensible if somebody took over. Plus, someone being on the Iron Throne doesn't necessarily mean the Seven Kingdoms aren't fractured. I'm personally not interested atm, but if anybody is please tell. Not like they will reign forever, like my good friend ElectricalSocketRaccoon said.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…