Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Senzaikyū (Palace of Remorseful Sin)

With the others aside as he desired, Raizen was left to face his attackers directly. The apparent leader of this group seemed to believe he was offering his life to them, but this was not at all the case as far as Raizen was concerned. "Comply?" he questioned as the primary male lunged toward him. Raizen's right arm rose casually, resulting in his relaxed hand being in the assassin blade's path. Upon hitting his skin, the blade moved no further, as if Raizen's body were made of a much greater substance than the man's sword. "Iie. You'll all be my test subjects for what I've been working on during my stay here," he said. Suddenly, it seemed as if something within the white-haired man freed itself. His Reiatsu, previously barely even detectable, flared. It quickly reached an intensity equivalent to that of a superior Captain; enough to make even some individuals of Vice-Captain tier buckle and cower. Its presence even seemed to distort space itself within the affected area. Raizen's left hand would then grip the handle of the katana at his left hip, and with a lax hold on it, he began unsheathing its gleaming blade.

"Bankai."

The gleam of his blade became a bright glow which encompassed the entire sword, as well as Raizen himself. "Itsuwatte," he said as this glow became a flash, which faded only to reveal a new form of Raizen's Zanpakutou. The Vice-Captain now wore flowing robes in various layers, along with a cape that seemed to have a mind of its own the way it billowed. Three swords of very different designs were at his left hip, his left hand wielded a staff with a large crescent as its head, and his right hand telekinetically supported an open lexicon larger than Raizen's own torso. "Mugenteki Shintoku." With the release of his newly developed Bankai, Raizen held his lexicon forward. A purple glow emanated from the pages, forming runes which sealed themselves in and imposed an effect on everyone in the vicinity. From that moment forward, any who blatantly sought the slaughter of another would have their murderous intent converted to doubts, as well as visions of their own greatest fears coming to light as a result. These dreams would only intensify until such a time as Raizen deemed it necessary to stop the effect, which he decided would be only after these assailants were driven to literal insanity for aiming their blades at him.

"Nani?" the assailant figured that the Vice-Captain would be at his weakest following an extended stay in the Senzaikyu. He was more than a little surprised when his blade didn't find its home in the young man's neck, nor did it continue past his hand at all. The others aimed to move in at this time, but overwhelming Reiatsu, the likes of which they only expected from a high tier Captain, flooded their persons. It gave them pause, several of them falling to their knees in the process. Benihime aptly already sitting on the ground held herself up with a hand as she felt dazed by the presence of this Reiatsu, but didn't fall to it, if only because of the lollipop so recently given her by her Captain. "Arigatou gozaimasu, Ayatsuki-taichou~" she said to the woman. "Yeah yeah, you can only say thank you if you didn't know it was coming. You were sitting down when you took it, meaning you knew it was possible you were going to fall in the first place," said the Captain. Her 5th Seat was starting to be a rather strange individual to her, even more so than when she'd first showed up. The circle of other individuals still maintained their murderous intentions but were unable to move forward with their attack.

"BAKANA! You die here, nothing you can do will change that!" the leader of these assailants found it to be completely impossible. But soon enough he was witnessing the unveiling of Raizen's new Bankai. That sword which glowed mysteriously became something else entirely as Raizen's Reiatsu changed the space around him. "Sugei!~ That's really cool!~" Benihime let slip from her mouth happy that she was able to watch this. Akiko watched this Bankai and found herself stunned that he'd developed it while incarcerated. And even more so that than, the ability of Raizen's Reiatsu to distort space was an ability only seen in the highest possible tier of Captain, like the Captain-Commander who could make poison with theirs. It was something which she wasn't at all used to experiencing from any but the oldest and most powerful. 'Wow, that's... I don't even really know what to think about that...' she thought knowing that this young man was likely one of the most powerful individuals she'd ever seen. This form change didn't seem to initially have an effect, but soon enough all of the assailants who'd gone to attack Raizen seemed to start to go crazy. The last one who spoke began backing away, grabbing his head, dropping his sword trying to claw his own eyes out as he saw the things which frightened him most crawling all over his skin. The others around Raizen also fell in similar states, injuring themselves superficially against things which only they could see. Such was a rather strange thing to watch happen, but both Benihime and Akiko were clever enough to piece together at least in a general sense what was happening here. "That's one scary Bankai, Kumori-fukutaichou~" said Akiko, which made Benihime scoff. "You mispronounced 'awesome', Ayatsuki-taichou~"

"These visions will never stop haunting you. If any of you retain any semblance of sanity, use it to deter others like yourselves," Raizen said to the assassins while he assumed they retained some capacity to comprehend and retain his speech. When that was out of the way, his multiple weapons and elaborate ensemble collected at his left hip in the form of his sealed Zanpakutou. The problem these attackers would have, though, would be that Raizen's abilities did not disappear at this time. Whatever they were plagued with would continue to torment them until the rule Raizen set was adhered to fully.

When Akiko commented on the ability of Raizen's recently discovered Bankai, and Benihime went on to correct her choice of words, he turned his head to look over his shoulder at the ladies. "For reasons I'm sure you've long since figured out, I've been avoiding the use of Mugen's true abilities. I figured I could make an exception in the presence of you two alone."

If the attackers had any semblance of their sanity left, it wasn't showing in the present moment, though Raizen's speech was heard by all present. Soon after the young man's Bankai with all of its different pieces reverted to its sealed form and he peeked over his shoulder, acknowledging that he'd heard what they were saying. When he looked back Akiko would be tapping the redhead atop her dome frowning slightly. "I said what I meant, though I am surprised you're just okay with all of this. You're weird," she said to the redhead who shrugged it off choosing now to stand since the pressure of the area was no longer overwhelming for her. "And, I understand... I'd say its strange to hide things like that, but considering the situation you are now walking away from I guess I can condone a bit more non-scientific secrecy," said the Captain of the Twelfth Division.

Benihime gave a curt nod as she stretched. "Yep, I figured it was something like that. Though execution was top notch~" she said of the young man's abilities. In fact she was quite giddy having seen such a thing, it was well beyond anything she normally expected from anyone, but Raizen always seemed to impress her in some way. It made him a point of interest for her, "Also Ayatsuki-taichou, you can't call anyone else weird. I don't know if you've seen you, but you definitely can't. I am also the most normal person in the entire division, you specifically can't call me weird," said Benihime, prompting her Captain to raise a finger as if she wanted to argue only for the woman to stop. "You know what, I'll let you have that one," she said to Benihime who smiled in a most innocent way as the cat-eared woman pursed her lips. Benihime then bowed in front of the woman and looked up at her with those red eyes. "Arigatou Gozaimasu~" she said before returning her attention to the Vice-Captain of the 10th Division, as her Captain addressed him once more. "Alright, so you're all free now, got a nice new power to hide from everyone~ I assume you're going back to surprise Saori-chan, I didn't tell her what I was doing today, so it will be a nice surprise for her~" she said as they walked away from Sokyoku Hill, leaving the bodies of these fallen men, knowing someone would eventually be around to collect them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234