Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Senzaikyū (Palace of Remorseful Sin)

Days later, Raizen still sat in the same location he had been in during the leave of the 10th Division's Captain. He seemed to have not moved at all, and with his Zanpakutou in his lap, he had apparently been performing Jinzen the entire time he'd been here. Something about this meditation was a bit less immersed than the norm, though, as the approach of another individual was met by the spreading of lids to unveil Raizen's glowing golden eyes. He looked up and bore witness to cascading crimson locks, which belonged to only a single individual he knew. To this day, his Reiatsu signified minute traces of Reiryoku within his body, but he did not seem to be bothered by this at all. "Niwatoko Benihime. Ohayou gozaimasu. Did Ayatsuki-taichou send you?"

"Well, yes and no..." she said of the reasoning behind her visit. It seemed that she was one of the few approved to do whatever she felt like doing by virtue of the rules within the laboratories. Most recently, she'd been helping her Captain sort through and catalog the countless bits of information she'd taken from the Daireishokairō. Arranging seemingly unconnected bits of information into a working theory for why the Vice-Captain was innocent of any actual meddling with the nature of his being. They were presently being organized into a couple of different blind case studies for Benihime and a few of the other high seated officers to pick through. "I just got back from a research trip to the Material World. I was gathering some samples and stuff. Ayatsuki-taichou when I arrived back in my lab, mentioned that she was 'too deep in this shit' to leave and she'd forgotten to stop by yesterday. So, I offered to come and chat with you in her stead, if ya' don't mind that is~" said the young redhead as she lowered her hands from her head. Leaving her left elbow seemed to rest upon the hilt of her Zanpakuto as if it was most natural while her right rested on her actual hip.

"Sou ka," Raizen said. Overall, he seemed no worse for wear in being imprisoned so unjustly. With Benihime offering the information that she'd come at least partly of her own desire to do so, he gestured toward the open space on the floor near himself. "They gave you your own lab, then? Good," he commented. Assuming Benihime took a seat, Raizen moved his Zanpakutou out of his lap, placing it on the floor at the opposite side of him while shifting himself to face the redhead. "Alright then. What made you decide to come here?"

Benihime nodded at the bit about being given her own lab. "Hai, the day after your arrest I made a thing, and Ayatsuki-taichou gave me a laboratory of my own and a bunch of written materials on things that could help me, and will likely help her helping you," she said. The research materials she was given were about the composition of souls, the creation of Zanpakuto and a few other choice things which Benihime found interesting and figured related to whatever theory the Captain of her Division was trying to put together to defend the young man's innocence. Beyond this she was offered a seat next to the young man and as such she took it, not seeming to bother much with ceremony she had one leg in front of her like she meant to sit cross-legged but the other propped up so she could lean her chin on it while she spoke. "I wanted to check on you. This place seemed a bit outlandish when I read about it, and it seemed like it'd be really boring to be in here all alone," the young redhead said. "I was also a bit curious about the effects of Sekkiseki stone on a soul, but that is just a bit extra."

"Good for you. You deserved your own lab, if your earlier showings of scholarly attributes were any indication of your ability." Though Raizen was quite genuine in his statement, he seemed somewhat disinterested in the goings on of the 12th Division as a whole. It was bothersome that developments were occurring and revolving around his existence, but it seemed Benihime's reasons for approaching the Senzaikyuu were a bit more personal than one may initially assume. "Hoh. Well, I have Mugen. It's not so boring, thanks to that. As for the sekkiseki... did you intend to use yourself as the test subject?"

"Arigatou gozaimasu~" the girl said, seemingly very pleased with the appreciation of her abilities. Though she wasn't really one for showing off, or describing in any great detail the way her mind worked, it was obvious that Kumori Raizen held at least a little bit of insight into how people thought, herself included. When he went on to explain that he wasn't really bored because he had his Zanpakuto along for this confusion spread across the redhead's face. "Sou ka, you're performing Jinzen while you're in here... I'd do that too if I was all alone with just my Zanpakuto..." she said, knowing that she likely already performed Jinzen at a frequency which most would consider outrageous because of her own loneliness, not that it mattered in present company. But soon enough they were moving on to her apparent research into Sekkiseki and it seemed the Vice-Captain of the 10th Division was a bit more keen on her ideas than she'd realized. "Hai, I'm using myself. If you were normal, it'd be the case that you were already in here too long to be used as an adequate measure of the rate at which it affects souls," she said, thinking it over a bit more. "But, I can't really assume you're being affected at the normal rate anyway, not with your innate abilities..." she said seeming to be deep in thought about it, as she remembered the feeling of his Reiatsu being suppressed to the core at a level she almost couldn't fathom in their previous meeting. She'd soon enough shake off the deep thought, which was contributing to an idea for something she was trying to work on right now. "I trust my own measurements of my own Reiryoku a bit more than all the supposed measurements in the books and I'll need them for something else I'm working on~"

"Then you likely wouldn't care much for this place. They took away my everything, including my Zanpakutou," Raizen said as his own posture became more relaxed. His right knee rose as his right forearm moved to rest atop it. Upon placing his chin in said forearm, Raizen began listening to the information regarding the redhead's research here. "Clever girl. You even understand the concept of that little trick I used. I'm impressed," he said. During their battle in the tournament, Raizen realized Benihime saw through his ability, but he had previously only toyed with the idea of her comprehending its inner workings and how it was, in fact, much more than simply concealing one's Reiatsu. This one was certainly not to be short-changed when receiving credit for her mental capacity, much like the pink-haired Captain she served. "This other thing you say you're working on, then, must be a device made to mask one's spiritual presence. Are you using Gigai technology for it?"

"Well that sounds boring," she said her gaze shifting to the Zanpakuto he clearly had, there were a few possibilities for why he possessed it now, if they'd taken it from him. Benihime found herself running through those possibilities before she settled on the most likely. "That strange 3rd Seat, Tanaka Atsuko, brought it to you, huh?" she still wasn't quite sold on that one. She wasn't sure why but something about the 3rd Seat of the 10th Division had always felt a bit strange to her. So strange that she even remembered the woman's name without further prompting. Whatever the case, it seemed she was to receive a bit of praise for her cleverness in figuring out a bit of how the Vice-Captain of the 10th Division suppressed his power. He stated he was impressed that she'd figured this out which made the girl's eyes widen just a tad, her head shifted slightly as she felt the heat of a blush creep up her face.

"Ano..." she managed wondering how she'd ended up blushing from so simple a compliment. As their conversation progressed it seemed that Raizen understood the type of project she was trying to work on by visiting him here. She would have normally been completely astounded by this knowledge, but given the kind of clever this man was, she wasn't really surprised that he'd figured out her plan. "You know, I can't even be surprised you understand what I'm going for in this section of my research~" she said acknowledging this man's intellect. "Hai, Gigai would be an easy way to incorporate it and if I am right, it will make them more comfortable to wear, they always feel a bit too confining to me," she said thinking about the application of this spiritual invisibility. "And the utility of being able to hide in plain sight cannot be understated, especially given the other things I am busy looking into. If it works out for the Gigai I have a secondary option to make it useful for my daily life," she said. She had a few plans for the usage of this technology.

"... Hai," Raizen said with a raised brow. "You two are acquainted then, are you? She never mentioned," he continued. Raizen soon discovered that Benihime did indeed have an idea for this project of hers involving Gigai technology. In the past few minutes, he had considered the pros and cons of such a thing, so by the time he was given this confirmation, he had a bit of advice to give to the young woman. "Gigai would be an interesting start. Give up on it. Go with the other idea first, and you'll probably leave yourself open to versatility before limiting a Gigai to its functions. Besides... if the Central 46 discovered such a thing existed, you'd be exiled. That one is an actual law that would be broken, in that particular case; nothing like my situation."

Raizen soon went on to confirm her suspicions about how he'd reacquired his Zanpakuto. Along with a strange statement about knowing the woman who'd brought it to him. She then gave her head a firm shake from left to right as her chin stayed rested upon her knee. "Iie, I don't know her. I just remember her because her Reiatsu feels a bit strange... I haven't figured out why yet, but I've also not seen her enough to have put forth the effort to try and figure it out," she said shrugging off after thinking about it for a few more lingering seconds.

The Vice-Captain soon went on to explain his thoughts on her next experiment and giving her the advice that she should forego the idea of incorporating it into a gigai initially so that she wouldn't get herself exiled. "Aww, come on. That can't really count, it isn't a weapon... well..." she paused thinking about the situation presently unfolding in front of her involving Kumori Raizen she could say that it would likely get her exiled. But it'd be an awesome thing to make regardless. "Alright... but... it would have been a violation of the spirit of that law, not the actual letter. And yes, I realize thinking like this is exactly why I'd get exiled~" she said a small smirk appearing on her face. "I'll make it just for me then... I likely was going to anyway, though it will take a bit longer than I'd like..." she said. The secondary option was secondary because it would take longer to create than the one which had immediately available technology to manipulate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast