Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Japan] Okuma Beach

"They keep shopping, every time they can, until they die," was Raizen's response. Though this was partially in jest, his words were quite truthful indeed. "There are numerous other stores as well; all with different choices from these you see here. You've been missing out on what the human world has to offer. You may want to have a look at other shops one day." Raizen's clothing of choice seemed to be acceptable for his present companion. These didn't quite suit his usual style in the human world, but they would have to do for this time at the beach. After some inspection by Michi, she selected her attire for this endeavor. "Looks good. There are rooms for changing over there," he said with a gesture toward the changing rooms. Following said gesture, he claimed the price tags from Michi's choices, and walked toward the register.

"Haha, very funny..." the blonde said finding this to be sarcastic in some way. She could imagine how people were forced to shop repeatedly with so many choices she supposed she'd also develop such a habit if she had to. Whatever the case, it seemed that there were more and different shops that she had been missing out on. "Really? But why... seems wasteful, shouldn't they use the space for other stuff?" she asked. Something about the decadence of the Human World would have to be explored by the young woman at a later time. Soon enough Raizen, claimed the tags from her clothing and pointed out the changing rooms. As such the young woman took her clothing and went to a changing room, to begin switching out her bathing suit for the clothes she'd claimed. It would take her a few minutes but eventually she'd emerge in the tie-dye sundress and the matching sandals with her straw hat seeming to be comfortable enough in her life.

Raizen was able to make the purchase of his own clothes, as well as Michi's, in a matter of moments. With that out of the way, he began his trek toward the changing rooms, finding Michi emerging prior to his entrance. "Interesting timing. You know, it's perfectly reasonable to use a new bathing suit as undergarments," he said, alluding to the time taken by the lass, and how it attributed to the clause that she'd discarded her original attire for only a dress and sandals. With that statement, he snickered and entered the dressing room himself. Interestingly, a couple of minutes would result in Raizen discarding his beach wear as well, before donning the gear he'd chosen. Since he didn't wear a hat, he also took the time to let loose his hair, using the band as wrist wear as his locks cascaded down either side of his face. When he emerged, he did so with a light sigh. "Alright then. What's your meal preference?"

Michi looked at Raizen as if stunned by his words, a small blush creeping up her face. "Oh quiet you... I've been in a bathing suit all day," she spoke as if this was some kind of justification for her present choice in attire. Even so, she'd wait patiently for the couple of minutes it would take Raizen to dress himself. When he emerged his attire was different and he also sported his hair worn down instead of how it had been. When he came out he asked about her food preferences, she shrugged just a little as if she didn't really have any. "I usually go for Udon and miso... I'm really not that complicated a person," said the young woman, who was almost completely transparent, aside from the moments when other people got her worked up over nothing.

"Udon... miso..." Raizen repeated with a hand to his chin. Since they were on a beach in the heat, he figured it would be a bit outlandish to go further inland to a more conventional shop for such options. "Well, in a place like this," he said, continuing to think it over. Soon enough, something came to him, and he clicked his fingers before pointing upward. "Ah! There should be a sushi bar nearby. Shall we?" the man asked with a hand offered to Michi. Should she accept this offer, he would then lead the pair toward the aforementioned sushi bar.

It seemed to take Raizen a few moments to come up with something he thought Michi might like as a meal option. But when he did finally come up with an option it was one which Michi could appreciate, along with the rather outlandish gesture that accompanied his stroke of genius. A small giggle would escape the young woman as she took the man's outstretched hand. "Hai, sounds good," she said as he led the way to what she assumed would be somewhere she could get some reasonable food. "So you seem to know a lot about this world, how often do you come here?" she asked, it seemed a bit outlandish to her, but she also didn't know how often other Shinigami got to visit the Human World.

As they approached the shop, Michi questioned the frequency by which Raizen visited the human world. "Often; both for business and pleasure. I was very quickly thrown into duties here, probably to adjust to the division and how it works. I've grown quite fond of this place, really," he stated. With that, he entered the facility, which smelled of freshly prepared seafood and various fixings. Raizen inhaled deeply before glancing around, finding that this was the sort of location where patrons seated themselves. He guided toward a table for two in an open balcony-style setting. Prior to the waitress' approach, Raizen went about sliding a chair from beneath the table, and gesturing toward it. "This seems like the sort of place to have shumai. If they do have it, I highly recommend it as an option."

Raizen answered the question presented by Michi and all she could do was nod. It was very interesting the things other divisions got into, perhaps it would be a worthwhile endeavor to go have a peek around a couple of them. "Fond of it? Don't they all seem really busy?" she asked watching as workers moved about this place at a pace which most would find astonishing, though all of it was done with a smile on their faces. It soon became obvious that this restaurant was the type where people seated themselves, and Raizen went on to pull out a chair for the young woman which she gladly took while giving a possible food suggestion. "Shumai? No idea what that is, but I'm up for trying new things..." she said as she took a seat. After the pair was properly seated a waitress did show up. She wore glasses and had dark brown hair pulled up into a messy ponytail. Her eyes were a mix of green and gold and she appeared to be rather easy going as she joined the pair and passed out menus. "Sorry about the wait, what can I help you find today?" she questioned only to pause. "Woops, wrong job, I mean, what kind of drinks can I get to get you two started?" she said laughing off her earlier misstep in speech as she took out a pad and pen to begin taking their orders for drinks.

"They do, but that's how they live. They work for money, use money for trade and services, and they go on about their lives. The human world isn't very different when compared to us," Raizen stated as he slid the lass' chair forward. Next, Raizen took up his own seat across the small table from her. Soon enough, the waitress appeared in a very strange way. Raizen wore a curious expression as he wondered what other duties this human had, aside from at least two forms of customer service. With menus on the table, Raizen had a quick scan while being asked about beverages. "Konbanwa. I'll try this special beach cocktail. Also, how about the sushi tray as an appetizer?" he asked, simultaneously looking toward Michi for confirmation of the appetizer he'd selected.

Michi thought about this, and she supposed human life wasn't terribly different from their lives as Shinigami. They had jobs and duties to fulfil and doing so got them money to spend. That being said, something about this world seemed a lot more high paced than their own and she hadn't quite figured out what it was. "I suppose," she said though she wasn't entirely sold. Even so, they were soon approached by the waitress who seemed to be a bit scattered at first but settled in enough to pass out menus and begin taking drink orders. Of course, Michi had never tried any of the things on this menu before and as such seemed a bit like a deer in the headlights to the waitress. "I..." she started which made the young woman smile behind her glasses. "Never been here before huh? I can help you out a bit if you'd like, turn back to page one..." she offered which Michi did.

"Alright, see those are our drink specials for the evening. They all taste great with anything on the menu. On the next page is appetizers and the one after that is the entrees and beyond that are more drinks and desserts. You can take all the time you need," she offered which made Michi quite happy. This girl was overly nice and this made Michi wonder if this was all part of her job. With that said the waitress wrote down Raizen's order and Michi nodded as she looked over the menu. "I'll also try the beach cocktail special as well. Thank you for your help." she said, and the young woman noted two of these drinks. "Alright, 2 beach cocktail specials and a sushi tray appetizer I'll put those in. My name is Sawa by the way. Just let me know if you need anything. I'll be back with your drinks and appetizers and for your entree orders." she said as she left the pair their menus and headed to the back of this place. "Are they always so nice?"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast