Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: [Japan] Okuma Beach

While Michi received help from the waitress with her order, Raizen leaned against the table with his head against the backs of his hands. It seemed she was keen on the same drink he'd chosen, as well as the appetizer. When the waitress dismissed herself, Raizen gave a curt nod of his head. He then returned his gaze to Michi, who wondered about the friendliness of these servers. "Not in my experience. From what I've seen, some humans hate their jobs, and they occasionally project that hatred while working. This one is an exceptional case, as far as I know. Oh, look!" His clause shifted as he glanced at the menu, finding exactly the food item he'd mentioned upon coming to this place. "They do have shumai. By the way, a cocktail is an alcoholic beverage in the human world, if you didn't know."

Raizen soon went on to explain how humans in the world related to their jobs. The explanation that people sometimes hated their jobs made sense, there were times where she found her own duties annoying or hated the people she was around. "Sou ka..." she said seeming to understand. Even so, it was nice to know that her first experience at one of these would be an exceptional one, because even Raizen hadn't encountered a waitress as nice as the one currently serving them. As he went on to look at the menu she did the same taking note of a few dishes which seemed interesting, but soon enough Raizen was mentioning the Shumai once more and she found herself looking as he went on to explain that cocktails were alcoholic. "Hmm, really? That is a strange way to describe alcohol, but... I can do a drink with dinner so I don't see it being much of a problem." she stated. After a few minutes of browsing she decided that she'd try this Shumai that Raizen seemed to like so much and as she came to this decision their waitress soon returned carrying a tray complete with two cocktails and their appetizer. She was soon placing these items on the table before the pairing and dropping a couple of black straws on the table. "Alright, there's your appetizer and drinks, are you ready for me to put your order in yet or do you need a few more minutes?" she asked of the pairing waiting for a few moments so she could take their order if need be.

"It seems to be some sort of blend. It's very strange, as there is also something called a shrimp cocktail, which is just shrimp with... cocktail sauce... non-alcoholic," said the white-haired man. "Not the best example of the interesting nature of this world, but bear with it; it will impress in the long-run." With that said, Raizen noted the return of the waitress with their drinks and appetizers. "Arigatou gozaimashite. I'll take the shrimp shumai over rice, with extra sakura sauce and wasabi, please," he said. With that, he went ahead and prepared the soy and wasabi cups for the seafood tray that was before them, assuming Michi would use this time to place her entree order as well.

Raizen explained that there were several different things call cocktails including a shrimp cocktail which seemed strange until the mention that there was no alcohol. She couldn't have guessed such a strange assortment of things could exist but she supposed her Shinigami life would likely seem strange to a human. "Okay... I'll try and keep an open mind then." she mentioned, before their waitress returned and sat out their appetizer and drinks. The drink which she looked at for several seconds. The young woman was really on top of her job and went on to ask about their entrees which Raizen promptly ordered. Having a bit of an idea now of what she'd like Michi also order. "I'll have the Shrimp Shumai over rice as well, with lots of wasabi and soy sauce on the side," she explained, finishing her order so that her meal would be a tad different from Raizen's but given what she'd read about on the menu the minor changes would make it more to her liking. Sawa the waitress wrote down both of these orders and headed off. "Hai hai, I'll put these in and have your food out as soon as possible," she mentioned. "I'll take those menus off your hands for now. Enjoy your appetizers and let me know if you need anything else," the young woman delivered the line with a smile, as she aimed to take away the menus for the duration of their meal.

"A fan of wasabi? I wouldn't have imagined," he said when the blonde placed her order, which seemed similar, yet simultaneously markedly different to his own. With the waitress gone, Raizen slipped a straw into his cocktail, then placed his chopsticks before him and clapped his hands. "Itadakimasu~!" he said. Raizen would then go on to take up his chopsticks and select one of each sushi sample, all of which came in sets of two, for his plate. "So, what have I missed out on these past few months? Surely you've done many things in all the time I've been owing you this meal."

"I like spicy food," the young woman mentioned as she eyed their sampler appetizer. Having never had one of these cocktails she took the time to take a sip of her drink her eyes widening in surprise as she tasted the alcoholic beverage. And though she'd been prepared for alcohol the content of this seemed to be well past what she expected for something meant to be eaten with a meal, though it wasn't unpleasant. "Wow, that... has some kick to it," she said as she picked up her own chopsticks and clapped her hands together in front of her person. "Itadakimasu," she chimed as well as she pulled the other two of each kind of sushi for her own plate. As their meal began it earnest it seemed Raizen was keen to know what the blonde haired lass had been up to while he was gone. She couldn't actually say much of anything life for her went on as usual. "Oh me, I wasn't up to much of anything actually. My usual duties, making sure my Captain didn't get into trouble... that sort of thing," she said nodding gently, before taking a single piece of sushi and dipping it into soy sauce before eating it.

Raizen's gaze rose during Michi's reaction to her cocktail. Her comment was an amusing one, which brought a chuckle from the man. "You were warned," he said. As he awaited Michi's story, Raizen applied soy sauce and wasabi to his own sushi, one piece at a time. Her response came as he chewed the first bite, so his next clause took some time before it emerged from his mouth. "You have duties other than keeping track of Mutsuki-taichou? He could hardly be considered out of trouble when he tried bringing me to the beach. I imagine you were more occupied than I was recently, with that being the case."

She rolled her eyes at the comment she'd been warned about the drink. Even so, she'd enjoy it as it was quite tasty the more she sipped. After speaking of simply carrying out her duties, it seemed Raizen found a joke to be made about her Captain. "Yes, Mutsuki-taichou is a handful, when women are involved. But other times he's actually pretty good, strong devoted individual as long as bikinis aren't involved," she said of her Captain which was about as much of a ringing endorsement as she could give. "And yes I have duties other than looking after him, like grouping recruits with proper high seated mentors, and looking after the paper work... to be fair there are only a couple of times when Mutsuki-taichou is outside of my general guidance and one of those times is his 'Shinigami Men's Association meetings', such as the situation we saw today..." she said of her actual work. She was something of a linchpin in her division and quite devoted to her work and her members as much as one could expect of a Vice-Captain. "What about you? You've been back on active duty about a week? I bet you've been swamped~," the young woman mentioned, not wanting to spend too much time talking about herself. She said as she went about eating her appetizer. She had to say the sushi was quite good, though such was to be expected of a restaurant on the beach front.

By the time they were done with their appetizers, their waitress would be returning carrying another large platter with their entrees on it. Bowls of rice with Shrimp Shumai dumplings would soon be sat in front of the pair. "Shrimp Shumai with rice wasabi and soy sauce on the side for you Miss. And for you sir, Shrimp Shumai with rice wasabi and sakura sauce," she said rather happily. "Careful with those, the bowls are hot," she cautioned the pair as she did each of her customers. She then began clearing any empty plates and unnecessary pieces from the table. "Do you need anything else? Drink refills or maybe some water?" she asked.

"Bikinis or otherwise... or even Shihakusho," he chimed in. He could see how the 7th's Captain could be a reasonable individual who didn't "always" require the supervision of another, but at the same time, he imagined it wouldn't be very entertaining to be in Michi's shoes, so to speak. "I'm certain you have a reasonable way to balance your time. After all, you agreed to this, and we didn't previously have the vacation to skip out on. That says something." Raizen continued eating after this was said, pausing only when Michi questioned his activities of late. He only had one piece of sushi left at this point, so he went ahead and ate it before replying. "I'm sure it's hard to believe, but I accomplished more during my time in the Senzaikyuu. I've been recovering my physical state for the most part, over the last week." Soon, the waitress returned. She claimed the empty tray, and offered up the entrees for the pair. "Arigatou," Raizen said. With her offer of refills, Raizen took up his glass and drained the cocktail within quickly. Once that was done, he slid it across the table. "I'll have another."

"That's fair..." she said only to giggle afterwards. Her Captain was indeed a handful but he was a good guy, when he didn't need to be strong armed. When he mentioned that she had to have a reasonable way to balance her time, because she'd agreed to this date long before this moment with the vacation involved she could only laugh. "Yeah, I lock him in his office. And right now he's buried up to his neck in sand being berated by Ayatsuki-taichou. I'm sure everything is fine~" she said with a roll of her eyes. She was mostly joking about locking her Captain in his own office, but she had at least considered it from time to time. With their meals now in place they were soon asked if they wanted anything else, she looked at her own drink which was only about a quarter drained and smiled. "I think I'll take that water and finish this, thank you," she said the young woman nodded before reaching for Raizen's glass and taking it along. "Another beach special and a glass of water. Alright, I'll be right back with that, you guys enjoy your meal," said the woman as she disappeared into the crowds with her tray of dishes headed to the back but not before stopping by for a few plates off of other tables she was also hosting as well. At the news that Raizen was apparently busier within the prison her eyes widened but she didn't even know what question to begin to ask. "That seems confusing, but if you say so, I'll trust you," she said, noting that the young man was indeed a bit skinnier than he had been when they'd last met, she imagined he didn't do much eating during his imprisonment.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast