Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: [Japan] Okuma Beach

"Well, that's... pleasant," he commented. Raizen began his entree soon after the waitress' departure, only to find that Michi somehow believed his previous claim. His brow raised as he looked across the table at this lass, and he took another momentary break from his consumption. "Is that so? Well then, color me surprised. I actually expected to be doing some explaining after that, and now I have no idea what I'm to say."

Michi also began her entree seeming to enjoy the flavorings she'd picked out and it's combination with the drinks he was presently having. After a few bites it seemed that Raizen was surprised that she seemed to be on board with the idea that he'd accomplished things while he was imprisoned. "Hm, well by all means explain, because I am a bit curious, but I am not going to pretend to understand how such a thing is possible," she said with a curt nod. She understood enough of the Senzaikyu to know that most things shouldn't be possible while within. If this young man had found some way around that, he likely would end up back there at some point or another. Within a few minutes their waitress returned with a glass of water for Michi and a new drink for Raizen. "Sorry about the wait, the bar's a bit backed up. Hope you're enjoying your meal so far..." the young woman chimed, staying around only long enough to hear any replies or requests before she'd disappear to another table to check on her patrons.

Apparently, Michi did retain some amount of curiosity about this situation. This was more fitted to Raizen's earlier expectations, but his retort would once again be delayed; this time by the return of the waitress with their beverages. "Hardly a wait. We're fine. Arigatou," he said. Afterwards, he awaited the leave of the human, using the time to have a mouthful of rice and dumpling prior to his further explanation to Michi. "Some extreme form of Reiryoku suppression, to the extent of sealing. My Reiryoku increased in capacity while I was there. I even managed to learn Bankai."

With no waitress in sight, Michi awaited this explanation of Raizen's where he went on to explain that during his imprisonment that he'd sealed up his reiryoku and gone on to make it more massive and even learn Bankai as a result. Her eyes widened as he said this, and it wasn't that she didn't believe him it was simply something which sounded really outlandish. "You learned Bankai? While imprisoned?" she questioned in complete and utter shock. "Okay... yep, you definitely make the rest of us look like slackers," she said. By her own knowledge only a few of the Vice-Captains had Bankai to speak of, most were only using their Shikai to the fullest of their abilities. And all of those people seemed to have been working at it for quite some time. As she ate she continued to be amused by this knowledge. She hadn't even gotten to see this young man's Shikai during their fight and her own had barely survived the endeavor.

By the time the pair would be mostly finished with their plates their waitress would have returned, asking a rather simple question. "Will you two be ordering dessert or have you had enough for the night?" she asked having finished with a couple of her other tables and as such having a bit more time to devote to the pair.

"Hai," he replied. Now, he was certain she at least understood the situation a little better. "While I was there, there was nothing but me, the walls, and a view of the Soukyoku. I had to resort to a very extreme form of Jinzen just to keep my sanity, and I ended up with Bankai because of it. I'm sure you know, the longest anyone has previously been held there was about a week. They are normally transferred from a lesser imprisonment just before an execution takes place. Three months there was hellish. But... to keep talking about such things would ruin the moment. I intended to make this a pleasant experience for you when I offered." Just then, the waitress appeared once more. Her offer for dessert was tempting, without a doubt. Raizen, for one, gave heavy consideration to it. "I could go for dessert. What would you recommend?"

While she'd known the young man had been imprisoned for 3 months she hadn't known he'd spent the entire duration in the Senzaikyu. Somehow that seemed a bit cruel, but as he went on to say he didn't wish to ruin their present moment with lack of pleasantries she decided to let this go. She simply looked up at him over her food as she worked towards finishing. No sooner than Raizen had finished speaking than their attentive waitress had returned with offers of dessert. When Raizen spoke asking what she recommended the young woman's eyes went wide as she went on to explain what she thought was the best possible dessert option. "Well, the one I would recommend and my personal favorite is the Strawberry Shortcake Sundae. Which contains strawberry cheese cake ice cream, crushed graham crackers, strawberry cheese cake, strawberry short cake, real strawberry fruit toppings, strawberry syrup and topped with a cherry. It's divine~" she said, and one could tell just by looking at this waitress that this wasn't something simply memorized for her job, but something she truly enjoyed eating. "And if you aren't that into sweets, what would you recommend?" asked Michi as she pushed her finished bowl forward. This made their waitress think just a little bit as she tried to remember various desserts from their menu before she decided on one. "If you aren't terribly into sweets, we have a dark chocolate brownie served with vanilla bean ice cream. Low on sugar but still flavorful," offered the waitress who knew there wasn't a woman alive who could turn down chocolate.

When Raizen was hearing of this particular dessert the waitress seemed so fond of, his shifting eyes found it on the menu. At this moment, he had to admit that the waitress painted the perfect picture of this dish with her words. This alone was enough to convince Raizen to try the dish, aside from the simple fact that he rather enjoyed strawberries and the like himself. "Sou ka. You make it sound delightful. I'll have a go at it," he said, shifting his gaze thereafter toward Michi. Her query about dessert was one which involved anything less sweet than the norm, prodding at Raizen's memory of her speech during the Tournament of Power. "Really, no sweets? I thought that was just banter. Surely you won't turn down the brownie, though..."

"Really, I'm not that into them..." she said, but their waitress did a good job selling her on this dessert. "But... I can't say no to chocolate," she said letting the young woman taking their orders know she'd accept the dessert offered. "No woman says no to chocolate~" chimed the waitress in jest. "Alright then, One Strawberry Shortcake Sundae and one Dark Chocolate Brownie. I'll be back with those in a few moments," and just like that the young woman disappeared from in front of them once more to place their dessert order. Of course once the girl was gone Michi returned her attention to Raizen. "You remember that? It was such a random thing said in passing..." the young woman said finding it strange that anyone would bother to remember something they likely thought of as playful fighting banter.

Since both parties now knew what they wanted, and had even placed their dessert orders, Raizen returned the dessert menu to its reserved slot at the edge of the table. In doing so, he looked toward the horizon, and the nearing sunset that marked the time of this endeavor. Another query came from the 7th's Vice-Captain, this time involving his memory of her mentioned distaste for sweets. "Of course," he said as his eyes wandered back toward the young woman. "I remember every detail of the meeting. It doesn't matter to me how insignificant you think the statement may have been; I was treating everything as a topic of utmost importance. Is this strange to you?"

Michi soon found herself being questioned by Raizen, who'd just seconds before, gone on to state that he remembered everything of their first meeting regardless of how insignificant she may have thought it, because he treated that time as if it was of the utmost importance. The young woman was shocked and found herself turning just a little. "A bit, no one can say they just know everything of a first meeting," she said of his knowledge of the situation. "But I think it's also pretty nice..." she seemed to find her comfort soon enough and met the man's gaze. Just as this happened the waitress returned carrying a tray on this were the two desserts one goblet filled with the Strawberry Shortcake Sundae, and one smaller bowl with the Dark Chocolate Brownie and ice cream. Both were served with spoons and along with it the young woman left the check. "There you two go, please enjoy. And thank you for dining with us~" she said leaving the pair of them to enjoy their food and with their check so they might finish up their meal without further interruption.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast