Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [New Olympus] Wilds

[New Olympus] Wilds

The tiered mountain that exists known as New Olympus is surrounded by a dense woodlands full of flora and fauna the likes of which mortals have never seen. This area is known as the 'Wilds' which some of the more battle hungry and the less civilized of the New Olympians visit often to separate themselves from the general buzz of the more populous areas. The 'Wilds' are gorgeous dense and aren't navigable by mortals so it is among the places that the less humanoid of the New Olympians can appear. It is also the place where the hunters of the New Olympians can be found preying upon the naturally spawned creatures there.

Early one morning, less than an hour past dawn, the wilds was inhabited by a lone, blonde male with blue eyes. This adolescent male wielded a golden bow with a string made of light, and while he did not have a quiver, there was an arrow loaded into the bow. The arrow was also made of pure light, and it had a head which looked as if it were made of diamond. Before he took a shot, he clicked his tongue. A flash of light erupted from the arrow as he released his hold of it, and it flew rapidly toward and into the face of an onlooking elk. It seemed to have been blinded and frozen in place by the light flash, keeping it still enough for the shot to reach its target perfectly.

Deianira had reached the wilds in record time, but it seemed she wasn't alone. An elk was soon blinded and killed with an amount of precision that she could respect, and she looked over to see her fellow hunter was none other than a blonde young man with bright blue eyes. "That's impressive Aiolia, I should have known if anyone else would be out at this hour, it'd be you~" the happy huntress mentioned, sheer bliss seeming to radiate from her person. It was rare for her to find anyone else while she was out on these long excursions in the wilderness, but this young man was one of the few whose talents she could appreciate. A low whistle left the young woman's mouth as she called her hunting companions to her. And soon enough a pair of white wolf cubs would come bounding through the woods, nipping at each others legs as they headed for their mistress.

After his arrow pierced the elk's skull, the young man apparently known as Aiolia had it reappear in his right hand via some means akin to teleportation. He turned his head when approaching the fallen creature to see the source of a voice that spoke his name. "Oh. Good morning, Deianira. You know me; up and down with the sun," he said. Aiolia was a demigod with an interesting habit of being back into his confines by dusk. In actuality, this was due to a well-kept secret about his lack of abilities when the sun didn't shine. "I figured you'd be gone a bit longer, but I'm just finishing up anyway. The wilds are all yours now. How was the party? Everyone have fun?"

"Of course~" she said seeming to find amusement in the young demigod's habits. Of course, it was a bit strange to invite him to parties given his predisposition for not being anywhere but home when the sun went down. She remembered throwing an afternoon mixer once which he attended and didn't seem to have a problem with. "I probably would have been, but I didn't party too hard myself last night~ Everyone else took care of that for me, they had a blast. Well almost everyone..." she said taking a moment to think about it, she could surely say the happiness levels in the people at her compound were about what she expected from a group of newcomers introduced to her for the first time but... "I threw that party for the newest people here. It was invite only, but someone didn't show up, Albafica says I'm losing my touch... but it's strange. I can't remember ever having someone not show up on an invite..." she said as the white and black wolf pups Lethe and Styx seemed to rest at her side preparing for their day with her. "But I'm out and about now, and a good hunt will clear my head. If you're headed back in... as a warning, Albafica is at my place, getting... acquainted with the new demigods," she said with a bit of a smirk. She couldn't imagine being like everyone else and having the uncontrollable desire to jump that man, but... she wasn't judging he was after all the most attractive of Aphrodite's children on New Olympus.

"Someone didn't show up for one of your parties? That's something I never thought I'd hear. I don't think I've ever had more fun than I have at your place," Aiolia commented after recovering from a brief moment of shock. Afterwards, he seemed taken aback by another matter; something he had to consider for a few seconds. "You know, now that I think about it... I saw some weird kid with a snake and an eye patch over by the lake earlier. I haven't seen him around here before, so I'm guessing he's the new guy who didn't show." As he spoke, Aiolia grew closer to his slain elk. Soon enough, he was grabbing it by the antlers and dragging it along behind him as he made his way toward New Olympus. "Thanks for the warning; I'll steer clear of Dionysus' house for a bit. Happy hunting!"

“That’s where he is then?” A voice came from some distance; sounding rather satisfied that he had obtained a piece of information after having listened the duo for a while. “Good.” The source of the voice made himself visible by stepping aside from the trunk he had been leaning on. With a loud noise of crackling thunder, he ran past Aiolia and Deianira and didn’t stop until he arrived at the lake. Once there, he waited for a moment to come up with a way to drag his target out. It didn’t take him long to come up with something; in a quick motion he started to run on the lake in a circular fashion. This eventually created a water cyclone that pulled everything towards its center. Though for his target it wouldn’t be a problem. He was the son of the ruler of the oceans, after all.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

"Right? I just don't know how to feel about it," the young woman said. It was still very strange to her that any wouldn't attend a party she was throwing, but that was fine, she supposed since this young man had at least seen him before, she'd get the chance. "Eye patch, snake, weird... Thanks for the in..." she paused, another male voice joined the fray and the way he was dressed made the young woman quizzical. "That's...." soon enough that man was running past them at speeds she couldn't even begin to fathom. Her eyes widened and then a gleeful burst would radiate from the young woman's person. "HERMES!~ That's so cool, one of his kids was at the party last night, his outfit was a bit different though..." she said seemingly satisfied with the information she had. Having been wished a happy hunting the young woman crossed an arm over her chest and bowed to the young man. "Thanks, have a good day. Let me know if you ever want a drink~" she said to Aiolia as she soon departed in the same direction as the messenger god, albeit at a much slower pace.

Before Aiolia could take his leave properly, another presence became clear in the vicinity. Aiolia's eyes narrowed and shifted, only to widen as a sudden gust in the wake of this deity's movements caused his hair to billow, and the elk to be pulled from his grasp. He turned around with the intention of seeing the culprit of these rapid movements, but by the time he did, there was nothing to be seen. Without a proper view, he was only given an answer to his unasked query by the outburst of Deianira. "Hermes!? What could he possibly be doing here?" he wondered aloud. Of course, Deianira would soon be following suit, but Aiolia had his own agenda he needed to see to.

Soon, the waters of the lake were being forced into a cyclone which seemed to quickly draw in, for some reason, bedding and other household items from the bottom of the lake. Another figure was quickly moving around inside; it was humanoid in appearance, and suddenly emerged in a small torrent which led to the other side of a large rock at the water's edge. This figure was none other than Athos, the white-haired child of Poseidon. Following his emergence, he curled up behind the mossy stone, if for no other reason than to hide from whomever, or whatever caused his home in the lake to be disrupted.

“There you are.” Watching Athos emerge from the water and seemingly hide behind a mossy stone, Hermes slowed down and, for a short while, ran in the opposite direction he had been running until now. Once the cyclone was neutralized, the boy’s home returned to its regular state. This was when the messenger god appeared next to the kid, on his side. He was standing several meters away from him, but he knew that was fine. He had never taken Athos for a social type. “I have been looking for you, kid.” he said. His tone was calm, even though his suit was constantly flickering with sparks. He turned around and took several steps away from the boy, not bothering to form eye contact. “I heard Poseidon wanted you dead.” he muttered. That was the reason why he was there. Despite knowing that Athos was Poseidon’s child, he preferred to address him with his name directly. After all, it wouldn’t be a very good idea to refer to him as father when he wanted to eliminate his son.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast