Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [New Olympus] Wilds

Deianira stalked through the wilds with all the precision of a trained hunter. She seemed to move rather fluidly taking note of the distrubances which had occurred throughout the wildlife. 'I suppose it'd be rude to interrupt a meeting between a god and a kid, regardless... I suppose, I'll have a stroll down the river and see if I can't put it off for a while...' she thought. And with that she took a bit of a detour though she'd be rather happy with her two pups in tow. Noting they'd been left behind she slowed her pace a bit more and allowed them to catch up. 'You two are getting sluggish, you should run around more. You know instead of gorging yourselves on meat while I am gone and lazing about~' she mentioned to the pups which made both of them nod. 'Aww, don't be like that.' said the white haired wolf pup. 'Yeah, we don't gorge ourselves all the time... only most of the time.' the black haired pup joined in before both began drinking directly from the river. 'Oh... just stopping for a water break already, fine... I'll join you...' she mentioned scooping clear water into her hands turning it into liquor and taking a sip of it as if it was the best thing in the world.

Athos had hidden himself in a way that he'd hoped would keep him out of sight due to the distraction caused by the cyclone, but he hadn't considered the idea of a god being the one disturbing his shelter. Hermes appeared to his side, and though some distance was kept, Athos seemed no more comfortable than he had been in prior moments. After expressing that he had been seeking the lad, Hermes mentioned the sea god, Poseidon, and the clause that the latter wished for Athos' death. When this was said, Athos withdrew into the shell of his fetal position even further, turning his head away from the god as if he were nervous for some reason. "..." The slightest utterance came from the young male's throat. It had no resemblance to words; instead, it sounded more like a tiny whimper of sorts, as if he wished to start speaking, but changed his mind before his mouth even opened. With that, Athos' head sank into his raised knees, which were gripped firmly in his arms.

The boy seemed to be at a loss of words. Not only was he unable to speak, he had also changed his position, signifying his troubled and damaged mind. It wasn’t easy after all; a father wanting to kill his son. Hermes felt like he would be unable to carry out such an act. Not because he was full of compassion though; he simply lacked the required conviction to put an end to his offsprings’ lives. In an instant he moved to the opposite side of where he stood, so the boy would be facing him again.“I know Poseidon. He is quite stubborn. You can be sure he won’t stop until he gets what he wants. Even though I doubt you gave him enough reasons for that.” He finished his sentence quickly, as if he was murmuring an unnecessary piece of information. “But don’t worry.” Following that, he turned around and made the effort to look the boy in the eye for the first time since his arrival. “You see kid, I have a plan. Not only will it save you, it will also take care of your problem permanently.”
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

As the messenger god continued to prod at the obviously anti-social son of Poseidon, Deianira found herself drinking instead of hunting. Her previous thoughts for a quick drink and then moving on, seemed to be replaced by the idea that she was having a bit of fun now. She played with the two pups at the river side, dipping her hand into the water and ever so often, pulling it up to pour golden liquid into her mouth while fending off the affections and play of her two companion animals. Though they weren't yet absolute hunters, they were good fun and playful loving companions for the young woman who seemed to need them a lot more than one would initially think. 'I should have done this way earlier, I could have had great fun~' she thought. 'We should go swimming!~' said one of the pups, the other immediately jumped into the water instead of offering a reply. Deianira instead of trying to move from this spot, committed to a quick bout of skinny dipping with her pets, stripping down to absolute nudity before jumping into the river after he pets.

Despite Athos' unwillingness to talk, Hermes persisted. This resolve showed itself when the god appeared within Athos' gaze once more, causing the boy's visible eye to widen with shock before quickly being forced to a very tight close for some strange reason. Still, the messenger god shared his thoughts. Though the son of Poseidon had no intentions of interacting with anyone when it could be avoided, there seemed to be no avoiding this particular exchange. Whatever this "plan" of Hermes' was, he figured he would be hearing it whether he wanted to or not. As such, his mouth opened ever so slightly, and out came an incredibly soft, somewhat emotion-ravaged voice. "What... do you want from me?"

“Now I have your attention. Good.” thought Hermes, noticing the tightly closed eyes of the boy. He was listening to his words now. It was hard for him, sure, but perhaps he had realized there was no way out of this. “Poseidon is an obstacle standing in my way. I need to take him out. Yet, his domain is slightly out of my reach.” explained the messenger god after hearing the boy speak. “That’s where you come in, kid.” he continued. Of course, this was only a tiny bit of his entire plan to overthrow Zeus and replace him. But as long as his supporters stood tall, he wouldn’t be able to do so. Hermes took several steps towards the white haired boy, and crouched. “I want you to close that gap.”
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

The naked girl seemed to be enjoying her drunken swim about as much as anyone could expect. To be fair, it seem that she would have been enjoying herself regardless of the situation but as she and her puppies got in a much needed bath it seemed the Son of Poseidon was having a very different time. Though Deianira didn't know it, she seemed to be quite amused. 'Alright, I'm going under for a few seconds, enjoy your swims~' she chimed to her pets. As the young woman dove underneath the surface she opened her eyes to have a look at the floor of the small river and at the bottom she saw a small glowing object. Such a thing was rather strange so she went further down, her aim solely to pull it up and examine it. If she succeeded she would pull from the bottom a conch shell. 'These aren't native to here...' she thought, as she held her breath staring at it underwater.

When Hermes spoke of Poseidon's domain being out of reach, Athos fell under the assumption that he spoke of Atlantis. The location was familiar to him; he'd spent a portion of his childhood living there, prior to being cast into the mortal realm. Even with his eyes closed, Athos could tell the god was moving closer to him. The voice he heard was ever so slightly louder. Athos shivered as he felt the chill of close proximity with that which he could not see, but he dared not open his eye while knowing someone would be looking at him when he did. "... Fine. Just... leave me be," he said with a quiver of his throat occurring as his sentence began and ended.

Seeing that the white haired boy was beyond disturbed by his presence getting closer, Hermes stood up and took a step back. “I’ll take your word for it.” he said slowly, while examining his body. It was hard to believe that a body that seemed so fragile to him contained great power within. Maybe he could even make him a god one day. Who knew. “I give you this, a gift of my good intentions.” he moved his hand towards chest, and a portion of his suit opened up. He pulled out a bag and sealed the opening again. “A satchel that has a bigger interior than the exterior.” He laid the satchel on the ground carefully before turning around, ready to run. But before doing so he addressed the boy one last time. “Don’t forget… The Furies hate oath-breakers.” That said he vanished from sight. That was of course, until he reappeared where Deianira was. She was swimming, somewhat drunk and clearly naked. Though he only wanted to alert her that he was and had been aware of her presence. So after glancing at her for a short moment, he sped off and left the lake.
    この状況でお前はどうすることもできないよ。

お前の死は確実だ。お前の野望は大きすぎた…

By the time the young raven haired lass emerged she was looking directly at Hermes the messenger god. She had no idea how long he'd been standing there, nor how much he knew about her current state, but she could only smile and wave happily at the man as he soon enough disappeared from sight. "Damn, I was going to ask him to say hi to Daddy for me~" she chimed, her nudity didn't seem to bother her in the least, nor did she care if anyone knew about her drunken state. After all, she was the child of Dionysus, she might as well be a bit like her father from time to time. Moving right along the girl now held this conch shell in her hand and stared at it a bit. Her drunken mind trying to put together something... 'Oh, that new kid, the one who didn't show up to my party....' she started only to have the two wolf pups circle around her... 'I wonder if this belongs to him?' she asked herself. 'Probably...' the white pup said seeming not to care one way or the other... 'I think I just found my introductory gift~' she chimed as she danced happily pulling herself out of the water intending to redress. It took a few minutes as her abject drunkenness reached the state of a light buzz as she pieced together buckles on her clothing as if this wasn't the first time she'd had to do so while intoxicated. Even so, she soon began walking along the river the two pups in two after both of them shook themselves dry... she was headed up stream and becoming more and more sober by the second.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast