Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: [New Olympus] Wilds

Athos had nothing more to say. When Deianira left, he relished in a moment of virtual solitude for a moment by raising his head and looking around the area, before ultimately following suit. His pace was a casual one, leaving ample time for Deianira to reach the docks and have her conversation with her associate. In fact, it would be quite some time after that before Athos showed himself at her location. Once he was there, though, he stood aside and awaited Deianira's word that a boat had been acquired.

Having acquired a boat for their trip, Deianira went to scope it out, while she did this she pulled one of the cups which she'd previously asked for and filled it. Leaving the other in the seated part in the cup holder. If nothing else, Dolph's boat building was certainly sublime, she'd have to remember to run another party for him on the beach front, perhaps with roasted shark and a big bonfire, in light of this favor. As she looked it over she lifted her drinking cup in the air and pausing her drink to call for the demigod boy she'd be travelling with, having heard his approach sometime during her previous conversation. "Oi..." she started, remembering that she didn't know what to call the lad, regardless of their now multiple times speaking. "What the hell I don't have a name for you. Can I at least have that?" she asked seeming to be a bit inebriated and thus honest, but also happy as this was her normal state of being. "Oh and I got us a pretty sweet boat too~" she said as she finally stopped looking around it and instead settled near the bow of it waiting for her companion to join.

As Athos approached, he heard the call of Dionysus' daughter. This brought his attention to a boat in which she resided presently, and he subsequently made his way aboard. A quick survey of the vessel gave the boy a reasonable idea of how much it could handle. Once he had it, he stood in the center of the boat, facing the mast. He had no comments to make on the boat, but with the asking of his name, he felt it necessary to at least give that much information. "... My name is Athos," he said. Without further ado, he raised his arms and commanded the water beneath the boat to move. This propelled the vessel at a gradual, yet increasing speed on a path toward Lemnos.

"Athos? Alright~" she chimed finally having a name for this person whom she'd been loosely associating with for a couple of weeks. Of course, his name was somewhat necessary since she assumed she'd be doing a bit of speaking for him at some point in their future. As such she settled into the boat and kicked up her feet near the right hand side, once she was comfortable she stared up at the night sky feeling the gradual increase in speed as they headed off towards the island of Lemnos. "So, Athos, I'm supposed to stay away from you and not look at you... but do you wanna have a drink and talk with me? I mean... I wouldn't have to look at you, and we wouldn't have to be near each other~" she said in her normal friendly manner. It was quite uncommon for the young woman to have to pry conversation out of people. In fact, normally just the opposite thing occurred. This was all a very new experience for her, as much so as it likely was for the young man known as Athos.

"..." Athos silently observed the moving sea while still forcing its movements to a greater velocity. In the meantime, Deianira offered the lad a beverage and some form of conversation. A light sigh ensued. Athos considered that if he declined this offer, perhaps she would only continue bothering him. If that were to happen, he figured he may as well have his thirst quenched to make up for it. "... Fine. Whatever. I'm tired of drinking lake water. Just... slide it over, or something."

Deianira drank happily and suddenly choked. The words spoken by her companion weren't at all the ones she expected, and her surprise was something of a shock to her. "Really? Damn, I thought it would be about half way through this trip before you'd say yes. I can drink to that!~" she said with a bit of a chuckle, seemingly amused by the entire ordeal. Instead of harping on it too much, she reached for the other solo cup and filled it. This young man mentioned he was tired of lake water so she went to her more standard fruit and honey type of mixture, at a slightly higher percentage than normally give another demigod, mostly because of incidents like the ones with Dolph. Soon after she'd slid the full cup over to the young man so it'd stop at his foot and raised her own into the air as she tilted her head back.

Athos sighed once more in response to Deianira's excitement. He couldn't fathom such emotion, especially considering it came at the simple acceptance of an offer for a drink. The cup was soon in his line of sight regardless, and he took it up to visually inspect its contents before drinking from it. A sniff, as well, was taken from the brim of the cup. This was a new substance to Athos, who went on to pour the contents of the cup into his mouth as if it were water. It tasted of fruit, as if it were a mixture of berries from the wilds. It was certainly something Athos had never experienced, but it didn't seem to have much of an impact even as he gulped it down.

Deianira spied from the corner of her eye as the young man apparently tested the waters of this new drink, so to speak. "Whoa, he drinks like a champ. Way to go~" she said seemingly amused by the whole situation. He also didn't seem to stagger or understand what exactly it was that he was drinking, she'd feel a bit bad if she didn't at least warn him of the potential side effects. "Though I'd be irresponsible if I didn't mention you probably don't wanna drink that fast~" she said as she spun the empty plastic cup over the index finger of her left hand and had it fill again before it tilted into her mouth again. "Om, while I am thinking about it, I default to berry but if you aren't cool with that I can do other stuff too~" she said finding it amusing.

"Why... would I want to drink slower?" he asked, only after draining the cup of all its fluid. He then placed the cup on the floor where he'd retrieved it from initially. Still, there was nothing strange occurring with the lad; he even returned to his normal resting state, with his knees raised and tucked into his torso in a seated position. He didn't seem to care about the flavor of this beverage, as he had no real complaints either way. At the same time, though, he had nothing to say about any other flavors Deianira could/would potentially offer.

A giggle escaped Deianira, and it would have been considered infectious to most, but she didn't expect it to bother this particular young man. No, he drank stronger liquor than she gave to most people and still seemed to be himself. "Ah, it's not like I'm making juice here~" she said finding it amusing. "It's top notch liquor~ Would've knocked a couple of weaker demigods unconscious, but... I think you might be immune to me in general~" she said laughing a bit more. "It's great!~" she said filling up her cup again, and knowing the young man probably wouldn't understand why she thought this to be a good thing. She stared up at the sky while they moved, wondering what kind of damage control she'd have to do when they reached Lemnos, among other things. Instead of dwelling on it too long she sipped from her own cup again.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast