Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: [Greece] Lemnos

The grotesque form of the god chuckled still hammering away, but he looked towards the young demigods letting out a mighty bellow. "Did he now, figures... but you weren't going to get it from me," said the god "From me..." the statement repeated, his hands seemed to stop but the hammering could still be heard. Deianira managed to look confused, as the joints of this large god seemed to stiffen and then it fell over. Her eyes widened as she had something of a realization but it was likely something confusing. This being fell forward revealing behind it another opening into a rather scorching cavern. She figured this place was set across a volcano but the hammering could still be heard. She looked to Athos and then down the opening and spoke up. "Um... hello!?" she said seeming confused by what she was seeing and knowing if she was confused then Athos likely was as well.

The repeated line from Hephaestus was curious indeed. What was stranger, though, was the fact that the hammering continued to sound even after the physical hammering stopped. When Hephaestus' body fell, Athos gazed down the opening revealed by his movements. The hammering from before somehow seemed to have gotten even louder than what one may consider possible. The half-Gorgon's eye narrowed as he stared into the glowing corridor, only for him to immediately move into it with his Basilisk fang and Minotaur horn in tow. He slowly paced down a curvy walkway surrounded by magma on either side, going deeper into this seemingly dormant volcano. The heat, while obviously immense, was luckily less problematic for demigods; this especially being the case for one such as Athos. Before the walkway reached what seemed to be its lowest point, a final hammer strike sounded, and its power was great enough to stir the volcano and send a shockwave which blew Athos several feet back from his location. The young male braced himself to prevent falling over, then continued onward to see the path winding into a large platform. At its center, there was a pillar roughly 12 feet in height, adorned with visages and an obviously mechanized interior. A male figure leaned against this pillar. He had short, spiky brown hair, orange eyes, and he wore a sparkling golden armor which featured a pair of low wings spouting an arch of flames at his back. His right hand held a golden smithing hammer to match his armor, and his left hand wielded a matching pair of blacksmith's tongs. Unlike the figure from above, this male with a godly aura about him was a rather handsome specimen. He opened his mouth to speak, and the voice which emerged was a deep and mighty bellow of a sound. "Athos of the Snake Blood... Deianira of the Hunt... Welcome to the forge of Hephaestus!"

As Athos began the trip down the winding path which opened up in the body of what had to be a false Hephaestus, Deianira followed seemingly amused and wondering what this god actually looked like if he was willing to give himself such a horrendous visage. As they moved forward the final hammer strike was made on whatever the man was working on, and it reverberated with such fierocity that she was pushed back and had to use the Minotaur horn she carried to help brace herself to keep from falling into the magma. Though she wasn't truly bothered by the heat here, she still didn't want to experience a burning death by lava. 'Jeez, what's a girl gotta do to find a temperate place to visit,' she thought as she eventually worked herself back into the proper position to find herself at the center with Athos. She was soon greeted by what she expected of an Olympian, a rather attractive looking male in armor. She thought about the difference between himself and his fake self that they'd initially met and she had but one thing to say. "Why?" her entire face seemed distraught as her arms opening as she finally dropped the Minotaur horn and released the basilisk fang from her back. It had been a rough bit of travel carrying one of each of those things and she was more than ready to release the tension on her shoulders and look a bit confused as to the entire pomp and circumstance. "Oh, sorry though, it is nice to meet you... properly~"

After Hephaestus greeted the young ones, another round of trembling would be heard from the false forge above. The first version of Hephaestus these two had seen would have been returned to its previous, connected state. "You have both proven yourselves worthy to wield weapons of my craft. As for you," he said, looking toward Athos. "Now that I understand your situation, I can understand why you and my representative did not get along very well. It is a shame that my uncle would condemn you to such a fate, but such is the way of the first generation gods." With that out of the way, Hephaestus began pacing around the podium, eventually placing his tools within the pillar. Deianira's query had not gone unheard, but it was a matter the god did not feel needed an incredibly direct answer. "I have been watching the two of you on your journey, from the moment you were given the second test by the Automaton Gate. The gate itself was the first test; if you could not somehow come to an agreement with its grotesque form and bad attitude, you would not be worthy of my craft. I see you even gained double the required items." As he spoke this section, Hephaestus looked toward Deianira. Now that he understood the situation of Athos, he knew it was best not to bother pressing the matter, so he instead redirected his clauses to the one who'd already resigned herself to being the lad's speaker.

Deianira heard out what the god had to say, and he too found the boy's plight to be one worthy of sympathy. She supposed many of the gods would feel the same way. There was a great deal of unfairness in the kind of sentence handed down by Poseidon for something that was his own fault, but that was a matter for another time. It seemed she wouldn't get a direct answer about her question as to why their were two versions of this god, but he did go on to explain that the the automated gross version of him was meant to be a test. And then the adventure to gain the items another question one which he was apparently privy to, Deinaira nodded her understand of all this and only spoke up after the man had finished his sentences. "Okay, that's pretty cool I guess, though the guy upstairs is a tad overkill with the breath thing..." she said not thinking too much about it, she'd offered the guy a drink to kill the odor which was about all she would do in such a situation if she was confronted with it, out of her own sense of politeness. "The two of each thing was kinda just coincidental, you saw everything so you know it wasn't really intentional. Like I told the big guy upstairs, I don't want anything like that. I just wanna help him out~" she said of Athos. Though they hadn't spoken nearly as much as she would have liked, she'd gained quite a bit of fondness for the lad and an understanding of his plight. Even if Hephaestus thought her worthy of his gifts, it wasn't at all why she was here.

"That breath is what keeps this forge going," Hephaestus replied with haste. "What you smelled was masked brimstone. It channels through the automaton to balance the pressure here below, and keep the volcano from erupting. If this volcano erupted, even New Olympus would be affected by its reach." The blacksmith god walked around more, picking up the horns and fangs with no effort whatsoever as he passed the demigods. Hearing that Deianira did not wish to have a weapon made for her, frankly, made the smith scoff. "You would turn down the gift of an Olympian? You would be a fool. These items are unnecessary for the craft. In observing the two of you since you left, I have already forged the items you will receive. For you," he said while the pillar began to compartmentalize itself, soon releasing a sheathed long knife from its shaft. This curved blade was offered to Deianira. "The cursed dagger: the Blade of Woe. Anything this blackened blade pierces will be rendered incapable of escaping. The blade resonates with its own marks, and can point the way, that it might finish the job. The perfect tool for a huntress."

After addressing Deianira with her gift of choice, Hephaestus turned his attention to Athos, the boy who'd come for one of the god's tools initially. A sword emerged from the pillar this time. The sword was also sheathed, and had a strange, green eye in the middle of its guard. "I have no better name than the Boa Sword. Your kind fall into the same classifications as snakes, and you are of the venomous type. This sword carries the power of the Titanaboa, and will curse anything it cuts with its binding tail. Surely this will give you the power you have been lacking." Athos accepted this blade, and found himself staring into its eye. It seemed somehow... alive to him, as if he and the sword were somehow related.

Deianira looked at the man who claimed that without the use of this forge that the eruption from this volcano would have wide spread effects. She thought about it for a while, and she figured he was right about that in more senses than one, so she was willing to accept it. "Okay, covering brimstone, right in everyone's face. Like one of those, suffer a little now so not a lot later type things... sure," the girl held up her hands in mock surrender. Of course, this gesture would only be furthered as the man went on to explain that her weapon had already been created and as he produced and explained it she couldn't help but accept it. He was right, only the foolish turned down the gifts of gods, and sometimes when they did it didn't end well for them.

"Alright, I mean, you already made it so it would be rude not to accept it. Thank you," the girl said as she inspected the sheathed blade. The idea that this cursed blade would allow her to track anything she wished after it was cut was one she couldn't help but play with in her mind. Beyond all this, she had actually been thinking about acquiring a new hunting knife, and getting one without having to do anything extra was nothing to scoff at. As she unsheathed the blade she noticed a strange ethereal glow coming from the blade. A bit of a grin spread across her face, though not because of this weapon, but because she looked over to Athos as he was receiving his weapon. He seemed fascinated by it and given what Hephaestus had to say about it, she could only assume it would help him on his quest, whatever that actually was.

"I've done nothing more than my duty," was Hephaestus' response to the young huntress. To Athos, who still seemed engrossed in his new sword, he had one more thing to say. "You may also find that the sword you wield may do something about that curse you were born with. The method used for its binding curse is the reason behind this," he explained. Though it was a bit vague, Athos understood the god's meaning. He prepared to position the sword on his person, but Hephaestus interrupted before either of these individuals could get too comfortable. "If I may stop you both from equipping those, there is more. I did not need these materials for creating your weapons, true, but there is a reason I wanted them. You two were simply replacing the materials I used to fashion your new clothing. You may retrieve it from the console before you leave."

A small smile came from Deianira, it was sort of nice to know that Hephaestus was actually quite the charitable god, despite all the things said about him throughout the years. Beyond this he seemed to have something more to say to Athos about the nature of his weapon. It seemed all of this was going well, but before either herself nor Athos could get comfortable with their new weapons the Smith God had a bit to say about why he'd requested the items he'd wanted. He'd apparently made them clothing while they were gone to go along with the weapons. "Really?" she asked, it seemed a bit far-fetched that he would go so far as to make them new articles of clothing as well, as far as the young huntress was concerned she didn't really need any such thing, but apparently turning down a gift from this god wasn't something she'd be allowed.

As she reached the console she found some maroon colored pieces much like the ones she was wearing right now. Only more solid in their construction. Her clothing package also came with several belts and newly fitted boots and wrist guard with silver decorations, for a shirt it came with a corset much like the one she was already wearing only a lot more solid in its creation. "Thank you..." she said wanting to question why he'd bothered with such a thing, but knowing that she probably shouldn't continue to question the gifts being given them right at the moment.

Athos also moved toward the console when told there were clothes prepared for both demigods present. For himself, he found a pair of long, black pants with zippers up each leg, a pair of jet black boots, and a pair of seemingly protective gloves which would reach and cover his biceps. There was also a set of jewelry to replace all the articles he wore, bar a single ring. Athos wasted no time before discarding the clothes he wore presently to don these new garbs, which fit more comfortably than any mortal clothes could ever hope to. It was as if the items refitted themselves upon being placed on his body, and in fact, they were enchanted to have the perfect fit in such a way. "The two of you are free to go now, assuming there is nothing else you seek to gain from a few labors," said Hephaestus, who'd already stepped away from the half-bloods.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast