Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Greece] Lemnos

"Monsters, huh?" unlike most instances of Deianira speaking she seemed to be a bit excited and in a very different way. The idea that there were monsters moving about the island and that they were aiming to keep Athos away was a bit daunting, but... if one got past that minor detail, then there was the last thing which would be clear about the young woman. "Something new to hunt~" she said with a hint of something different. "So, he's trying to keep you away, huh? I'm going to get an earful about whatever you said to him last time I take it~" the young woman said seemingly amused before she hopped off the edge of the boat and headed for shore with the swiftness which most wouldn't have expected of her. As soon as she made footfall on the land she took off at a run her eyes dancing across the various creatures which moved about in the moonlight here. She hid the the shadow of a large tree right at the edge of the forest and waited for Athos, watching several cyclops move about in front of the clearest path towards what had to be the forge of Hephaestus by the sound which reverberated across the entirety of the island.

Athos had nothing to say about the words that would surely come from Hephaestus when the pair reached his forge. He didn't really see what the big deal was about what he'd said to the god, but he also had no other real situations in his life to compare it to. He remained silent, but after Deianira's forward movement, he followed in her tracks. The young male seemed strangely apt at moving about in a nimble manner while making little to no sound at all. Soon enough, he was crouched behind a tree adjacent to that which Deianira used as cover, looking out unto the crowd of cyclopes.

The daughter of Dionysus had previously described herself as Artemis' blessed huntress. Such a statement might not always make sense to others, but as Deianira watched these beasts move about one might notice the stilled and practiced way she began to move. Knowing Athos had caught up the young woman found herself smirking resisting the urge to look towards him even though she'd heard only the gentlest of noises at his approach. She had something to say, but she'd have to save it, at least for a few moments. The light silver glint in the girl's eyes would soon enough seem to allow her to lock on to the position of some five cyclopes which seemed to be searching the forests, probably for the pair of them. She held out her left hand from her position, a small marking on the side of her wrist giving off a gentle glow in the moonlight before a mysteriously ethereal bow appeared to be clutched smoothly by said hand. At her lower back a quiver also appeared in this moment with several arrows which she pulled from it in a single grasp.

All five arrows were held in the palm of her hand, until she was ready to fire them off. She slipped around the other side of the tree and pulled back on a string which didn't seem to exist loading a single arrow and firing it in an instant and then another immediately after simply by flipping them up against the right side of her bow. The tension of the string seemed to be at its maximum before the release of each arrow, in a single swift motion. The first two arrows flew directly into the eyes of two cyclopes which faced her. Before they could realize what happened they were indeed dead. Their bodies still standing as their fellows meandered around them. Before so much as an alarm could be noticed a third arrow was flying by the time the first two bodies were falling forward to the cyclops who'd been standing right between the first two as their bodies made loud noises which caused them to thud to the forest floor. It stirred the animals causing a bit of chaos as the two other soon began to flail about swinging large clubs around without a care in the world for the forest they wrecked. Of course, this action would last only a few seconds as the final two arrows came sliding through the air at a lightning fast pace. The girl after doing this watched as the final two bodies crumpled beneath their own weight and fell. Silence came to the forest again and in this moment a huge grin came to the young demigod's face. "You're surprisingly quiet for someone who obviously wants other people to know when he's coming~" she said to Athos as a compliment of his abilities. "There aren't any more in this area, we should be clear to approach the forge~" she mentioned giving a small bow so the young lad could lead the way. If one happened to take a look at the bodies of the fallen cyclopes one would notice that each of the arrows which killed them, seemed to be buried precisely in the middle of their eyes. As if they were being used for target practice. Meanwhile Hephaestus' hammer clanging stopped if only for a moment. He immediately knew of the deaths of five cyclopes, if he was upset about it, his face didn't show it, and instead the hammer beats would start up again without more than that momentary pause.

Athos kept himself prepared to assault or bypass any number of cyclopes in the vicinity. Interestingly enough, though, Deianira's next spurt of movement resulted in a rapid elimination of all five large bodies blocking the path toward Hephaestus. Athos' brows rose slightly as he watched the release of five arrows, and his eye widened thereafter during the systematic fall of five cyclopes. It seemed their problem had been dealt with single-handedly, and with that in mind, Athos stood erect. There was nothing left to worry about. Stepping out ahead, he once again made the trek into the mountain Hephaestus' forge was located in, and traveled along the bridge toward the god's precise location. This was sure to become an interesting day rather quickly.

Athos seemed happy enough to move forward and take the lead. As this happened the girl's happiness seemed to reach an unreasonable level. Even so she walked behind him and after a few seconds the bow disappeared from her hand and the quiver disappeared from her side, seeming to leave the girl able to walk about with her hands tucked behind her head as if she seemed utterly amused.

Soon enough the white haired demigod would be found standing in the forge of the Smith God, Hephaestus. This decrepit and disfigured God was hunched over his work seemingly unable to pull away from it. Of course, he knew of the approach of Athos and didn't feel like dealing with him again, he doubted after all that the lad had learned any manners. "I thought I told you not to come back here..." he said seemingly calm large scale god. He wanted this lad to go away, with such a fierceness that he still wasn't trying to turn around or hear him out. His large fingers busy working metal as if he hadn't a care in the world.

When Athos stood before Hephaestus again, his mood turned sour within moments. The god would obviously not be interested in entertaining his needs, but the statement which came from the gimpy blacksmith did not sit well with Athos nevertheless. His words were strange, stating that he thought he'd told Athos not to return. Turning his head away to his own left, Athos scoffed through a retort. "Obviously. Your brain would have to be as bad as the rest of you if you forgot that sort of thing," was his statement of choice, revealing the notion that he did not fully comprehend the form of speech used by Hephaestus.

Deianira was quiet after their approach, mostly she was just letting the waters rest, seeing how Athos handled his secondary meeting with the Smith God. Deianira, found it very easy to understand what Hephaestus meant, though she didn't have the context for the previous conversation between him and Athos. Still when Athos spoke up again, instead of presenting an apology for his previous statements or a plea for the weapon he wanted, what came out his mouth was the single most insulting thing she'd ever heard someone utter to a God in her entire life. It was hilarious and the young demigod's mood skyrocketed in this moment, reaching a point of elation that she hadn't felt in quite a while. Even so, what came out of her mouth was a swift hiss which wouldn't be any discernible language to most. "ATHOS, SHUSH!~" was what she said, but it couldn't have seemed more amused. Aloud she chose to intervene on the side of keeping the Smith God in a calm state as the hammering had stopped once more. "You'll have to excuse him. He didn't mean that the way it sounded~" the young woman said rather quick the hand still up to her lips with a single finger in front of them so he wouldn't say anything cross to this statement.

The Smith God heard a different voice from that of the boy who insulted him already today. He couldn't help but notice a distinctly female voice, and one which didn't hold the lack of affect which came from the boy who initially sought his help all alone. "Another came with him? So, he didn't learn his manners then... but, you seem polite enough to speak with..." said the god as he turned around. His full grotesque visage seemed to face Deianira, and much to the surprise of everyone present the girl didn't flinch instead she seemed to have a bit of a smile on her face. "Oh, don't say that, I'm just here to help~" the lass said those grey eyes of hers seemingly alight with amusement. She knew her abilities didn't affect Olympians, even so, she seemed to behave as if this wasn't the case. "Could I maybe get you a drink as an apology for that earlier outburst?" she asked which made Hephaestus chuckle sending a wave of hot breath towards the girl that she didn't know could exist in such a manner. "What can a demigod do for me?" he asked with the same arrogance most Olympians possessed.

Even fallen and cast aside, he had a bit more clout than the demigods presently before him but unlike Athos, Deianira seemed to be a bit more used to this. "Well, I don't really presume I can get you drunk or anything. That's outside my abilities, you'd need to see Daddy for that~ But, it's pretty tasty~" she offered, as if she expected it to be taken she walked forward and touched a thing which looked like it might have once been used to quench metals in, but instead had it fill to the brim with golden liquid which would taste of spearmint, limes and blackberries. This was meant to simply appeal to the God while also doing something about the horrendous breath which was leaking into the space around them. "Hoh! I can't say no to that..." Hephaestus mentioned as he knocked back the beverage seemingly pleased by its taste while all present would benefit from the lack of his previously foul breath polluting the area. "That was good, I can forgive, so what... do you want here?" asked the man, the young woman was silent for a seconds as she wondered if she could allow Athos to take over for himself in this moment.

Athos scoffed again. All he did was speak the truth of his own mind, but there was apparently some issue with this. He held his tongue after Deianira's interjection, choosing to hear out how Deianira approached the repulsive god. She didn't do much of anything; all she managed to do was offer the god a drink, and all he did was drink it. Athos couldn't fathom how this was meant to quell the conversation as it was at the time. Of course, Athos also had no clue how he would have made things work out... but he also wouldn't have tried very hard regardless. By the time Hephaestus finished the drink that had been offered to him, he seemed to be wondering why Deianira was here, but Deianira herself looked toward Athos. The white-haired lad looked away; he didn't know what this lass expected of him. Surely Hephaestus couldn't be wondering why he was here, as he'd been informed on the last visit. The god would have to be some sort of idiot to not know why he was here, as far as Athos was concerned.

Athos was content not to speak, and though Deianira figured this would go this way, she'd held out a bit of hope that she wouldn't have to completely take over this conversation. Though by virtue of Athos having come here before, she figured the Smith God still had no intention of doing what the boy asked previously so, she took a rather relaxed posture and spoke up. "I don't want anything, I just came to help out my friend here. He came here before seeking your aid and I heard it didn't turn out well~" she said rather calmly, which in turn brought a scoff from Hephaestus. "Understatement of the century, but there is no reason I should help this boy on his quest. He has no manners and he insists on coming into my home and insulting me!" the god seemed to still be sore about whatever was said the first time, but Deianira didn't really seem to be phased by this. "Ah.... I see..." she said, this particular god always needed a reason to do things for people regardless of his own status he still felt he was a bit above the standards of demigods and expected to be treated as such. "I get that and all, but... he's just trying to go home..." she said of the young lad with her. "Surely even a god like you can understand what that's like..."

The Smith God's hammering stopped and he just looked at Deianira. She'd hit a nerve but unlike when Athos insulted him in earlier instances this one in particular was a soft spot. He thought about the boy's actions in his previous visit, and what it was like to be left out from his home, or cast aside by those who were meant to care for him. In this regard, the Smith God and the demigod were quite similar and they would as such have common ground. Though this wouldn't take the sting out of the boy's earlier words, it would at least get him something of an answer this time. "I suppose, I can make his weapon as a favor to you, for your hospitality," said Hephaestus. "But it won't be easy, the things needed are each worthy of being considered their own labors and monsters like the ones you need the materials from will likely get him killed. Boy do you understand, what you ask for is just as likely to get you killed as going wherever you're trying to go unarmed?" this was a question to Athos while Deinaira sat in silence beaming. Getting to the unfathomable quest was much easier to do than she'd imagined, she only wondered how few social skills Athos had that he hadn't gotten this far on his own.

During his continued silence, Deianira continued speaking with the god. This all resulted in Hephaestus agreeing to create a weapon for Athos as a favor to the girl. However, he thought the task Athos needed to do for the sake of obtaining this weapon would be more life-threatening to him than whatever he wanted the weapon for. Athos' head sank a few additional centimeters; clearly this individual had no clue what the situation was. "I... disagree. What do I need to do?"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast