Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Greece] Lemnos

"Disagree all you want, the tasks ahead aren't ones which should ever be undertaken lightly..." said the Smith God. He moved about his hand resting under his chin as he began to look at the lad, examining his person and figuring out what would be needed to create a weapon for him. "I need, a basilisk fang... not the normal sort either, the ones with multiple legs found only in the deserts of Persia," said the God who seemed to think more about the necessary materials. "I also need the horns of a Minotaur. Not the garden variety ones you find around here, nor the mostly human ones you'd find in thew Wilds surrounding New Olympus. That simply wouldn't do, you'd have to go north, to the lands of snow and ice, to kill one of the Ice Minotaurs. They are necessary to create the weapon which you would wield," said the man as looked back to his potential work. "One more thing... the blood of a God is necessary for a binding agent, and even your silver-tongued companion couldn't talk me out of mine," the god said as he began shooing the duo away. This caused a chuckle from Deianira as she seemed to find something amusing about the statement. "Oh give me a little more credit than that, I wouldn't have tried it~" she said which only made the god chuckle a little was well. "Go find what you need, and bring it back here if you can..."

Deianira listened to this entire list with wide eyes. She didn't know of these other creatures but the idea that she might get to see them seemed to give her a bit of a stir. Even though the situation seemed to be fraught with peril for them, it seemed like the girl intended to stay along with Athos. "Thank you very much," she said offering a bow to god before them for his kindness.

Upon receiving the list of necessities for his weapon, Athos' expression shifted to one of utter indifference. Nothing Hephaestus said sounded nearly as deadly as the boy's ultimate task. If he was to perish by the hands of these monsters and deities, he would have been unable to accomplish his goal regardless of whatever weapon Hephaestus had in mind for him. Moving on, Athos took the dismissal of Hephaestus, and immediately vacated the forge. He had quite the journey ahead of him, and as far as he knew, he would be making it alone. The only issue he was having was deciding where to go first to collect these items.

"Oh, are you going to let him go alone?" the Smith God said as he began hammering out something. Deianira looked at this god and shrugged, "Probably not, I'd be a bad hunter if I let him go see things I haven't seen yet to face them alone~" she said heading to take off. "I could still make you something too.." the God said seeming to find something amusing about the girl. "Nope, don't need it, in it for the thrill of the hunt~" she said with a nod before taking off to catch up with Athos. Whatever else the Smith God had in mind he didn't say anything he simply looked up from his work as the girl left watching her rear move until she disappeared from sight.

Outside of the mountain which housed this forge, Deianira wiped a bit of sweat from her brow nimbly moving along the ground in a quick effort to catch up with the other Demigod. "Athos, wait up!" she said though she made no efforts to look in his direction. "I wanna go with you~" she said knowing the young lad probably expected her to help him and then leave him be, she couldn't really gauge his initial reaction. Of course, she wasn't really normal herself.

On his way to the boat they'd used to reach this island, Athos heard the call of Dionysus' daughter. He turned his head right, not to look toward her, but to let his voice be heard more easily. "I don't need help. But... I guess... we came on the same boat," he said. At this point, he spoke nothing but logic. He'd much rather had gone without a companion even to Hephaestus, but he couldn't exactly accept assistance only to then leave his helper stranded afterwards. At the very least, he figured she could come along until they were properly able to separate. "I'm going to Persia."

It seemed that Athos thought the young woman needed to know that he didn't require help. She thought he might in some way but that wasn't really the point of her going along again after doing the one thing she'd offered to do. To be fair, Deianira simply wanted to see the whole of it through, it would have been a negative to her to get Hephaestus to make his weapon, only for the boy to be killed along the way. Besides that she was still quite interesting in Athos as a person, and all the creatures she might get to participate in slaying over the course of the time they spent together. As such she wasn't really apt to let him go alone.

Surprisingly though, the white haired lad seemed to think about the fact that they'd arrived together on the same boat and take that as a reason for them to continue to travel together. "Suppose that is true~ Also I don't think you need help..." she said as she hopped into the boat herself and settled back into the position she'd had while they rode in together. Athos then made it known what his first stop would be, which made Deianira chuckle. "Straight to the desert, all heat and sand in awkward places~ Sounds like fun, lead the way~" the girl said picking up her cup to have a nice drink as a reward for the good things which happened, she also filled Athos' changing the composition so that it'd taste of melons and nectar instead. She'd just keep trying out these different things until they found one which actually made the young man confirm or deny his like of things.

Without further ado, Athos employed his manipulation of the sea once more. In doing so, he pulled the boat away from the island when Deianira and himself were both upon the vessel, and turned it in the direction that would lead them toward Persia. This time around, there was less build-up to the high speed movement he'd achieved earlier. On the way toward land, he would partake of the beverage given to him, but would show no particular favoritism of it or its predecessor.

"Ah, still no favorites huh~" the girl said seeming to be lightly amused as she drank from her cup and looked over the edge of their vessel and into the water. "That's cool, gives me a reason to keep drinking and trying new things~" she said with a bit of a chuckle. From the words of Hephaestus she knew their time in the desert wouldn't necessarily be easy-going or pleasant so she decided to use the down time in their travels as such, and perhaps prodding the young man into opening up a bit.

Five days following the departure of the two demigods, the small boat which carried them returned to the shores of Lemnos. Athos departed first, carrying a Minotaur horn under his left arm, while using his right hand to sturdy the Basilisk fang strapped to his torso. More Cyclopes filled the area between the shores and Hephaestus' forge, but they now seemed docile. In fact, the beasts - which now numbered 8 in total - stood in two rows to pave a path toward Hephaestus in the forge. "What does this mean?" Athos wondered aloud as he took a few measured, careful steps forward.

Some five days after they'd originally departed the demigod Deianira returned with her companion, Athos. As he walked carrying half of his bounty, she carried the other half, one of the basilisk's fangs was strapped across her back while she carried one of the Minotaur's horns over her right shoulder. It seemed that they wouldn't have to deal with as much this time. The Cyclopes which had previously attacked or tried to detour the young demigods but now they were lined up as if waiting for their return, being completely docile even. The question from Athos would garner a response from the young woman as she carried part of their bounty. "Oh? Seems like a welcome party. I take it then he isn't upset anymore... gods seem to do stuff like this when they are happy with your arrival," she said thinking about it she once had a similar experience when approaching one of Artemis' divinely protected forests. "Well go on, don't keep him waiting, but... shoot for nice, yeah?" she said fully intending to follow the young man down into the forge to see the Smith god again, hoping for a happier moment and outcome for them on the word of Boreas and Camus that all would be taken care of. And from the looks of things so far it seemed that way.

Moving onward, Athos heard that these Cyclopes were forming some sort of welcome group for the demigods on their return. His pace increased to a more normal rate after this clause was shared, and soon enough, he was crossing the bridge within Hephaestus' mountain for the third time. Once he reached the center platform beneath the massive and grotesque god, he placed the horn and fang on the floor in front of himself. "Boreas says to take his blessing instead of blood," he said.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast