Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Himalayas

For once, Deianira was well and truly speechless and didn't know what to say to the demigod presently with her. Of course, this silence would only last a little while between them as soon enough a young man would come forth causing the child of Dionysus to speak. "Oh, Boreas hangs around here, why?" she thought about it for a second and supposed that the chill in the air and these ice covered mountains were likely exactly the kind of place that the God of the North Wind would enjoy. "Never mind, makes perfect sense~" she said a wide smile spreading across her face. As the boy went on to explain that the Minotaur had been causing problems around the area Deianira nodded. "Yeah, I know... I talked to a snow leopard who mentioned something like that," she said seemingly amused, it seemed that Athos wasn't going to speak very much but this was fine, Deianira looked to the red haired young man and nodded. "He's... not really into people that much. Don't take it personally," she said of Athos, more than willing to act as mouth piece for the young lad. "Which is why I'm here before you ask~" she finished up thinking about it more there was one thing which was missing from the lad's list and it was by far one of the more daunting to get, perhaps their good deed here could be rewarded. "He's headed to see Hephaestus but there is something missing from the list. Is your dad the kind of guy to be nice, to a demigod who did a solid coincidentally?"

"Well, becau-" The redhead intended to answer Deianira's question legitimately, but before he could, she came to the conclusion on her own. She also went on to mention a particular snow leopard which shared with her the information about the Minotaur's widespread effects. "Yeah... that. I hope that leopard isn't the same one that very recently resorted to eating the nomads in this area." Since Athos had not responded, Deianira spoke to the other male instead, addressing the fact that Poseidon's son simply was not into people. The young man shrugged in response; he didn't find such a personality all too strange at first impression. He did, however, find it strange that Deianira asked about the potential kindness of his father for the deed they'd done. He looked toward the daughter of Dionysus with curiosity in his eyes as he gave his response. "Well... my dad's not the worst god I've ever encountered. I mean, he's maybe not as cool as Poseidon was when I earned his favor," he said. This statement brought something akin to a nervous tick from Athos, which went unnoticed by the other male. "What exactly do you guys need?"

It seemed he knew what some of the animals of the area had reverted to doing when they couldn't find their food because of the antics of the Minotaur. She chuckled then and shook her head from left to right. "Not at all. This one was female and a kitten barely old enough to be on her own. She said she thought about it, but couldn't find the right time to sneak up on the caravan," she said of the Snow Leopard. As they exchanged pleasantries they eventually came to the point where the young male would try and answer a question posed by the child of Dionysus, it was about the nature of his father and he went on to explain that his dad wasn't the worst but wasn't as cool to him as the god he was champion of. The mention of Poseidon's name brought a nervous tick from Athos which seemed to go unnoticed by the redheaded male but Deianira caught out of the corner of her eye, as such she moved it right along. "Well, it isn't like we got the kinda time it would take to champion someone new," she said allowing the sentence to roll right along. "Hephaestus said he needed a god's blood in addition to the other things he's already collected, since a good deed was already done, and we know one to be around here, it seemed like the easiest method," she said.

"Oh, good. My old man told me to wipe out any who managed to eat a person, if I came across them. I'd hate to kill a cub," he said of the leopards. As far as he was concerned, the entire group local to this area would be fine regardless of what happened during the time of the Minotaur, but that was another matter. He now knew why Deianira asked about his father, though it was a baffling topic to address. "... God blood? Hephaestus... wanted god blood? That's gotta be some intense weaponry you guys are looking for. Never heard of him asking for that. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask dad about it. He'd probably think it's just as weird, but... that Minotaur was a pretty big problem. Follow me," he said, turning to walk toward the palace in which Boreas resided, while beckoning the others to follow.

When told what his father wanted him to do with all the beasts who'd managed to eat people she could only nod her agreement. "He's right, Man-eaters are problematic and disturb the natural order of things..." Deianira agreed. In fact, if she'd known the beast she was talking too had devoured human flesh she also would have killed it without hesitation. It seemed that the golden armored male was also a bit floored by the requests of the Smith God. "I know, I've had the same thought at least a hundred times since he said it. But, it's definitely what he said, so here we are~" she said, choosing specifically not to mention what manner of weapon the lad with her was seeking as it was rather obvious he was prone to secrecy and less likely to trust this individual if only because he associated freely with a man who wanted him dead. Of course, in this particular case Deianira couldn't really blame him for his caution and as the young man said he'd lead them back to his father's place Deianira turned to Athos and whispered her thoughts on the matter in snake tongue. She did this while remaining stationary allowing the crimson haired lad's steps to put distance between them. "I know this is probably not pleasant for you, but it seems like the easiest option, so you can go for it if you want. Camus isn't a bad guy or anything so there isn't anything to worry about while we're here..." she said. Though as was the case in all things, she left the decision to take these steps forward to Athos. This seemed like an easy method but if he didn't want to deal with this person she'd respect his wishes and try something else instead.

The other male had already begun moving, but Athos did not seem so quick to follow. He only began moving as Deianira did, which was paces behind this newcomer. He had some immediate distrust for the redhead. Such was the likeliest of scenarios in the case of this one having the armor of Athos' own father, Poseidon. However, Deianira spoke in Snake Tongue to the half-Gorgon, sharing some reassuring words, as well as some encouragement toward going with this method of obtaining a god's blood. "A... alright," he hissed back. "If you say he's alright, I'll go with it. I don't know how else I could get a god's blood."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234