Thread: Boreas' Palace

Boreas' Palace

The God Boreas of the North Winds when he chooses to live on earth calls a palace tucked into the Himalayan Mountains. This spreads across a vast space full of high towers and large crystal windows.

The son of the god Boreas, who had so recently departed from the palace, returned with another pair of demigods in tow. Through the crevices between the mountains they came, coming to cross one of multiple frozen bridges toward the isolated building. "Watch your step! It might take some getting used to," he said to his traveling companions of present. After a bit of a trek, he led the party to and through the front gates. There, he stood within a great hall lit with lighting made of some strange, fluorescent crystalline structures. "I'm back!" he called, echoing toward the end of the hall. Winds were coming from the end of the hall, signifying the presence of Boreas, though he would not show himself. "I didn't get a chance to take down that Minotaur; my friends here had already done it. But... they kinda wanted to know if you could do something for them." With that said, he looked over his shoulder, where he expected to see Deianira. "Go on. Dad's listening."

Deianira had lagged behind a bit choosing to walk with Athos though she was still as charitable as she'd always been, with conversation. As such when she found herself walking towards the crystalline palace her eyes widened and she tilted her head up to have a look at the whole thing. "Wow, this place rocks. I mean, it's really cold but... it looks awesome~" the girl said seeming to be like any other tourist sight-seeing instead of walking among gods and demigods on a specific mission. As they were crossing a particularly perilous looking bridge the girl took several slow steps to test the waters so to speak. She found the bridge to be a bit slick, but after a few moments much like ice skating she found the right rhythm with which to move forward. Once they'd arrived properly it seemed like a wind filled corridor would be what they got as far as a presence from Boreas was concerned. Deianira thought this strange, but many of the gods were into a lot of fanfare about themselves, so she didn't question it, instead when the red haired young man looked over his shoulder he'd find the raven haired lass standing and giving a minor bow. "Nice to meet you, Boreas. Your place is great by the way~" said the girl who seemed to be having conversations like this a lot more lately than she was used to. "This is going to sound a bit strange but, we were wondering, if in exchange for slaying the Minotaur we could have a bit of your blood," she asked seeming to think about it more. "And I know that's a strange request, but the blood of a god was what Hephaestus asked for..." she said laying it all out on the table, well except for all the minor details she figured her half-Gorgon companion would want to keep to himself.

Athos trailed slightly behind Deianira during the approach and entry. His movements were sluggish; even more so than they had previously been due to the carrying of two Minotaur horns. Still, he persisted into the palace, taking his place at the rear of this trio when they reached the great hall of Boreas' palace. "Greetings to you, half-bloods. You have done me a great service by slaying the cursed Minotaur. I will hear your request," said the god, whose voice carried down the corridor by the winds he produced. When it was mentioned by Deianira that the thing they sought was a god's blood, there was a sudden pause in sounds coming from the end of the hall. This silence was broken only when Hephaestus' name was used as reference. "Ah. I see. Very well, then," he replied, immediately implying that he would share his blood with these demigods. What came next though, was very much to the contrary, as he gave them nothing. "Return to Hephaestus now, with my blessing."

Deianira's face felt extreme relief. She didn't look back for Athos knowing he was probably moving around a bit slowly and instead found herself nodding her approval of Boreas' words. Until of course he mentioned that they should simply go back with his blessing and didn't mention the giving of any blood. "What?" this was all the girl said. "Sorry, but could you like explain that for me... are you saying we don't actually need the blood? No disrespect intended but I don't get it, and if I don't get it, my friend isn't going to either..." the girl said. She was more than ready to get out of the cold and into some warmer air, but she didn't want to go back without the full knowledge that the boy's toils weren't in vain. She wasn't even worried about anything herself, but she'd already devoted herself fully to this idea for Athos, and as such she wouldn't back down from it until she was sure.

"Your ears do not deceive you, child," Boreas replied without hesitation. All gods, including those who could not count themselves among the Olympians, knew of Hephaestus and his works. Boreas knew well that Hephaestus did not require the blood of a god to create what he needed for these half-bloods, lest he intended for them to slay a god. "Go to Hephaestus. All will be made clear then. I would not steer you astray," Boreas concluded. With that, the winds from the end of the corridor subsided. The apparent son of this god turned toward the others to shrug. "He wouldn't lie to you. Looks like you don't need god blood after all."

Deianira looked a bit stunned, apparently Hephaestus didn't need anything else. Which made her wonder if such approval was needed because of whatever happened between Athos and the Smith God on the boy's previous trip. Regardless with both the God of the North Winds and his son corroborating the story she had no choice but to believe. A sigh escaped the girl, she then looked back to Athos content to speak to him and only him once more. "They've got no reason to lie, and Hephaestus does seem like the kind of guy who would send us off on an impossible task 'cause he felt insulted. Boreas also gave us his blessing, and getting a god's word on something is like signing a contract according to Daddy. We could at least go back to where the weather is warm and find out," she offered with the same amount of happiness she always had again leaving the choice up to Athos. Before these hushed hisses escaped her she'd stepped back to the boy's side to give another bow to the God before her.

Camus may have cosigned on his father's claim of being truthful, but Athos remained skeptical of the overall situation. He had trouble trusting gods due to his own father's demeanor toward him, but Deianira's words once again struck home. "Like I said: If you trust them, I'll follow. I just want to get out of here," he hissed. Without further ado, Athos turned and began walking back the way he came. His trip would continue all the way to the boat, and then all the way to Lemnos, unless otherwise interrupted.

Athos seemed to be trusting, if not of everyone else, than at least of Deianira. At this point and following his words she nodded as well, heading off after him. "Thanks, Camus and Boreas~" she chimed having already given her bow she aimed to leave. "Remind me I owe you a drink later~" she said before shuffling off after her companion of choice, leaving both the god and his demigod alone with much thanks for their generosity and kindness. It would be after this moment that she'd take off again with Athos all the way to the boat. She'd see this journey though with him, all the way to the end.