Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [7th Division] Headquarters & Barracks

It seemed Michi would not be coming along to inspect the goings-on, due in some part to her need to rally and maintain her Division. When she aimed to peck him on the lips, Raizen held onto the moment for an additional few seconds before permitting separation. "I'll be going, then. I'll be back once everything is settled," he said prior to taking his leave.

About a week after the events surrounding the death of Nijo Kenpachi as well as several other rather substantial things within the Seireitei, one Kyoyama Michi could be found in her office again. Though there had been quite the stirring of spiritual pressure around the Seireitei today, she'd been doing her job though rather dutifully. It seemed whatever was going on required all to remain clear of the area, as such there wasn't any need for an investigation by her squad. As such the blonde haired young woman could be found in her standard Shihakusho, with a crimson colored scarf around her neck. It'd become somewhat of a staple in her wardrobe the last week as part of her engagement to then Vice-Captain Kumori Raizen. 'I wonder if he was caught up in that mess earlier?' she mentally questioned.

As if summoned by the thoughts of the blonde woman, the white-haired man with the given name Raizen set foot in the 7th Division's barracks. His path once again took him directly to the office of Kyoyama Michi. He entered without so much as knocking, after a few moments of hesitation. He wore a solemn expression upon entry, and retained it as he moved onward to the desk of this Division's Vice-Captain. "... Konbanwa, Michi," he said.

Michi's attention was soon drawn to her door opening and she was graced with the visage of one Kumori Raizen. As per usual she was happy to see him, and spoke on the matter immediately. "I was just thinking about..." there was a pause from Michi in this moment because the white haired man didn't have the look on his face he normally possessed. In fact, he looked quite sullen and she hadn't the slightest idea why. "You. Good afternoon, Raizen," she said still thinking it strange even after three months that the man always greeted her as if it was the middle of the night regardless of the time of day it was. "What's wrong?" she asked, seeming to find it strange for him to enter in such a way without also being pleased.

Raizen's movements eventually landed him on the side of the desk he would share with Michi. Once there, he leaned against the desk and crossed his arms. His gaze was upon the Vice-Captain whom he'd come to know in some level of intimate fashion over time. She'd had enough insight to take note of something troubling him, and went on to ask about it after their shared greeting. Before bringing himself to answer, Raizen reached out to touch the scarf she'd received from him on the day of their engagement. "Nothing at all is wrong, and that... is what's wrong. I feel elated and fulfilled in my existence; something I've not known since my mother lived. Sadly, this has nothing to do with our engagement. Needless to say, I haven't exactly been faithful in recent times."

Soon enough Raizen was within his normal distance of her and she assumed she was about to be told perhaps he was getting cold feet. She'd have been fine with that, they lived a long time and declaring a wedding three months into dating seemed a bit extreme the longer she thought about it. What she got was similar information but with a twist she hadn't expected. As the man reached out and touched the scarf around her neck, he told her of his feelings, and without much detail of his activities in the week since she'd last seen him. And she was shocked. Her eyes widened immediately as she looked up at him, though she'd been expecting a break maybe in their engagement she hadn't expected this break-up. But if nothing else his reasoning was solid enough that she found herself incapable of being properly angry with him.

"Wow," that was all she managed to say at first as she pushed herself back in her chair to create space between them. It was like she was processing this information and deciding how to deal with it. She took a deep breath and let it go, if there was one thing that Michi was it was generally evenly tempered. She pulled her legs into her chair to sit cross legged and looked at the young man before her. Their time together had been fleeting but she'd enjoyed it, if he'd found someone who could make him feel properly alive, who was she to get in the way of that? "If I'm being honest, I definitely could have gone without knowing that last bit..." she said, as she exhaled. "But, I can't be mad at you for finding happiness. To be fair, I thought we might have rushed a bit, and I'm glad you figured that all out sooner rather than later." she finished. She didn't know that much about Raizen, but she knew he'd been through a lot in his life, if he said he felt properly happy like when his mother was live, she couldn't well try and keep him from something like that for her own selfishness. Though she'd be lying if she said she didn't envy whatever woman had his attention now.

Raizen raised a brow during Michi's initial reaction to his words. He seemed just as taken aback as she'd been, but for different reasons entirely. When she went on to speak on the matter, he closed his eyes and chuckled. "Sou ka. That's why it was you, wasn't it?" he asked rhetorically. It was laughable, realizing why he'd latched onto this individual during their very brief interactions prior to the Tournament of Power. "You managed to surprise me; that's something that the vast majority is incapable of doing." With that said, Raizen pushed himself away from the desk to approach the blonde directly. His right hand rose to caress her cheek, eventually falling back to the scarf at her neck. "Gomen. It's not something I would enjoy hearing either, but it's something you deserved to know. At any rate... I want you to keep this. For what it's worth, our time spent together was precious to me. For that, you have my gratitude."

After she'd spoken she found it a bit amazing that Raizen managed to look surprised. She went on to seemingly have some sort of realization which he explained in a very rhetorical fashion. She smiled then because it was kind of funny that something so simple had pushed him into asking her on a date in the first place, but she supposed given how intelligent the man was it was probably hard to surprise him. "I could see it being hard for people to surprise you..." she said as the man moved forward and caressed her cheek. He more directly addressed the fact that he'd been unfaithful and even found it in himself to apologize for giving her the information but she supposed she accepted that he respected her enough to be honest with her. He went on to tell her that he wanted her to keep the scarf he'd given her and that the time they'd spent together was precious to him. "Hmm, I suppose arguing with you about it won't make you take it back, huh?" she questioned mostly rhetorically. To be honest she was quite fond of the scarf and wouldn't mind keeping it as part of her general ensemble. Their lives were long enough that without little reminders it was easy to forget parts of your life. "I'll keep it. Thank you, Raizen," the young woman said touching his hand where it met her face. She was fine with this moment ending this way and even the end of their relationship. Especially with the scarf around her neck to remind her three months spent in the company of such a fantastic man. "Sayonara."

"Iie. I did say before that I'd rather you have it. If I intended to take it back, even now, there was never a point to me giving it to you in the first place. Besides... it's not like I owe anyone an explanation for the missing heirloom," Raizen stated as his hand finally fell to his own side. Since Michi had agreed to keep the scarf, Raizen supposed he would simply be retiring that one in the future. No matter; he retained his own, as well as others from the "royalty" within the family. With no other words to be shared between the two, the 10th's Captain took his leave of this office, waving over his right shoulder with his fore and middle fingers alone as he moved. "Hai. Ja ne, Michi."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12