Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: [10th Division] Headquarters & Barracks

The passing pair evaded the notice of the 3rd Seat, whose attention had been focused solely on the raven-haired woman ahead of him. The Vice-Captain of the 10th, Saya, had a first response that involved a distaste for his choice in approach. The young Shinigami, named Shusuke, hardly had time for this sort of reaction. However, he wasn't thinking things through at the time, and he hardly cared even now. "Manners? Didn't you hear me!? I need clothes!" he exclaimed right away. "Y'know, that fancy clan head stuff! I'm ready to be clan head, so... gimme. Besides, being head honcho and all means I can talk to you however I want."

Shusuke was so absorbed in his demands he saw not the pair passing behind him. If Saya noticed the Captain and 3rd Seat leaving together, she had naught to say about it right now. Obviously, she had more pressing matters to deal with, like her young nephew apparently forgetting how to approach people with 2 years spent in the Shinigami Academy. "You're not naked right now, so I don't see you needing clothes," she said first. "Second, whether you end up being clan head or not, right just now I still outrank you and I won't be taking this kind of sass from you nor anyone else..." she mentioned. "Third and finally, the overall decision on whether you become clan head, isn't my choice, its Jii-sama's and..." she paused. "I can't take you home until you're ready, and judging by that entrance, you definitely aren't!" this would end the tirade which came from Saya as she stood from her desk taking up her sword as she did. "Outside!" and just like that she was ready to go, one could say the raven haired woman was simply being ill-tempered but this would be how this meeting turned out, regardless of how the lad had approached it. He'd simply made it easier for her to make the decision to act.

"Ugh, you know what I mean!" he replied in a huff. It didn't seem like he would be getting his way while he was in a rush, but he didn't have much choice other than rushing. Tirena, the lass he was intending to meet with for a not-so-favorable trip to the festival, could only take so long to get ready. Knowing his grandfather, Shusuke was already guaranteed to be held up by several minutes. The word outside was spoken after a brief period of chastising, and by the time it was, Saya was standing. "I really don't have time for thi-" he began, pausing after coming to the realization that the woman was indeed standing on two feet before him. "Wait... no. When the FUCK... did you get TWO LEGS!?"

"No, I don't have any idea what you mean... if you care to explain, do so while we walk," she said, this young man had rushed in, obviously in some kind of huff... which she had nothing to do with. Regardless of this, she'd do whatever she could to help him out. Having stood with Zanpakuto in hand, she began the process of properly attaching to to her person so she could fight with it properly. It was in these moments that Shusuke apparently noticed the return of her previously missing leg. She looked at the young man and took note of his swearing with a scoff as she passed him she aimed to reach out and tap him on the forehead with two fingers. "Language! Geez you're as bad as Hime-chan!" she exclaimed only to sigh. "And it was her, a few months back. She invented some thing in the 12th Division that would allow people to grow back body parts and she used it on me to re-grow my leg. I still don't really understand it, but it got me back on active duty rotation," she stated as she moved forward swift steps would lead to an area outside the barracks which wasn't the courtyard but instead a closed off space near the back which doubled as a training ground, where Saya held her minor morning training for division members. "Alright, it's time for you to prove you're ready," and with that statement she drew the sword at her side and would rather quickly close the distance between the pair of them, her body twirling counter clockwise, in a circle as she aimed to take the boy's head off, holding nothing back in this particular moment.

"I don't care to explain! I care to get what's mine and get back to what I was doing!" True enough, Shusuke was completely disinterested in banter between himself and his aunt, bar the shock factor of the returned leg she'd been missing for all his life. Either way, a test was apparently an inevitable fate to be met on this day. He didn't really have time to go through with this, but he also didn't have the time to argue against it while still getting what he needed out of this meeting. As such, he followed suit into Saya's training grounds, where she rather quickly prepared to - and did - attack him. Shusuke never even got the time to formulate a response to her opening statement before being forced to defend himself, which he did by dashing away while unsheathing the katana at his left hip. By the time it was fully removed from its sheath, he held it in a vertical reverse grip against the incoming blade of Saya. His strength alone would have sufficed against a normal attack from this woman at this point, but the momentum of her spin made his arm buckle. His right hand was quick to react by unsheathing his second blade, which slammed against the first to add power to his defensive maneuver, and allow a proper parry of the opposing sword. "I thought I was impatient. Can't you give a guy a second to get ready!?"

"Like the second of warning and explanation you gave before you barged into my office, ruining my afternoon?" this bit of sarcasm left Saya's mouth as her left brow rose as Shusuke added to his original block a secondary blade. She'd seen many a Zanpakuto in her time, and her nephew's was already seeming to be a bit stranger than the norm. "Two?" it was a question, but it was most rhetorical as she could obviously see both blades. She'd felt the initial buckle and knew the boy could have been cut down with just one, strange as it might be though, she was quite happy with his development. "Cute..." her eyes narrowed behind the glint of her glasses as she was parried, her blade and person shifted back into a singular flip. As soon as her left foot hit the ground after this maneuver she pushed off, launching herself forward again. This time with a series of piercing stabs aimed towards the boy's torso starting at his chest and moving down towards his navel, with the hilt of her blade held firmly with her opposing hand against the pommel of the sword. These were deep stabs aimed to get deep into the boy's flesh, she wasn't holding any strikes in this battle. She needed to see what this boy was made of, and as such she continued as she was hoping to see what this boy actually had to offer, and enjoying a moment in which anything could happen.

"Yeah, why not? Something like that..." Following his parry, Shusuke was afforded a very brief period of relaxation. During this time, he was able to hone in on Saya with both gaze and senses, and begin the process of doing something else entirely. By the time she was next upon him, he retained incredibly focused eye-contact with the woman. Her stabbing maneuvers came in a flurry, and Shusuke began swaying left and right while stepping around the area. These movements of his allowed him to avoid critical damage of any sort, but his Shihakusho and flesh were being slit on either side of his body, as well as his fore, throughout the assault. Still, Shusuke's ability to perform these evasions were no simple feat; every movement he was making was thanks to a particular breathing technique in a sword style known only to the family these two shared. He had not yet reached a proper state to use it without fault, but the requirements were tedious ones to meet in the middle of combat. "Cut the shit. What's gonna get me what I came for?" he asked in a rather demanding fashion, showcasing a quality of seriousness that could have been considered impossible to the version of him that existed in Saya's dojo only a couple of years prior.

The boy seemed to completely miss the point of Saya's earlier statement. Regardless of this fact she was left to marvel at the fact that he'd managed any kind of evasive maneuver against her. She recognized this method of course on sight, and found it strange that he was able to manage even this against her, though her blade made contact a few times, it wasn't nearly at the depth or precision she'd come to expect from her own sword work. There was a slight in Saya's eyes, which was something akin to respect for the lad's efforts, she might have congratulated him on his ability, but his own words after would stop her from doing this. Instead of the last push forward of her blade, she turned it, leaving her arm to perform a sweeping motion across the boy's chest downward from his left shoulder to his right hip before she responded. Her aim of course to make contact and see how he handled this quick shift in tactic, but she didn't surge forward again, after all this boy was obviously in a rush, and though annoyed she wasn't completely callous. And besides that point, if he was actually able to take over, she wouldn't have to deal with the clan's politics directly anymore. "Watch. Your. Mouth. the woman fumed wondering why this lad chose to speak in such a way, and in the moment regretting his bratty behavior fully. "And it should be obvious already what will get you what you want," she said frowning slightly. "You have to prove, here and now, you'd make just as good a candidate as I currently am... Mastery of the Shigure Soen, by virtue of creating a new form, or... possessing its power within your Zanpakuto. I take it you're another one, who came out of the Academy with a Shikai, Shu-chan?" she asked as if the question was completely rhetorical. But with this sentence, the sword within her hand began to glow a gentle white and shimmered before him, her body as well seemed to take on this smoky white outline. "Sake..."

What would happen next was likely something completely unseen by this lad. During the training of this boy, as well as that of his peer Benihime, Saya had never made it clear that she possessed a Shikai of her own. She'd always left out her own abilities, and relied only on her base skills to guide them towards their own level of mastery. Of course, both were clever enough to likely realize she had the ability, but... this would be the first time she revealed it for the lad in front of her. "Hanakamemushi." the shimmering white glow settled on her blade but the raven haired lass made no move. She'd either be responded to in kind or this lad would be left here to ponder what he needed to do to get his clothing. She sort of hoped at this point, he wouldn't lead her to disappointment, after all, she was almost assuredly interested in the kind of Zanpakuto the lad had, given the form of his sealed swords.

"Urusai, baka-oba," Shusuke spoke in a monotonous tone. At this point, his eyes had reached a perpetually-narrowed state. The technique he had chosen to use that led to his evasiveness against Saya's jabs was one created by one of his distant predecessors with more focus on singular attacks, but Shusuke seemed to already have a knack for using this particular form as a style of its own. Perhaps this was some sort of sign? Still, he was far from completing the adjusted state of the form that would likely one day be his own heightened version of it. With this lack of mastery, he was left with an inability to deal with the agility of Saya's tactical shift, whether he had the ability to feel it coming or not. He seemed to be swaying back to avoid the slash, but blood soon splashed from his torso. A line crimson in color appeared in diagonal form on his chest, and a split had appeared in his Shihakusho to match it. Shusuke, in his less brash than normal state of being, looked down at it as if he were curious about something; Saya spoke of the requirements of this session in the meantime.

"Shigure Souen..." he repeated with a strange, azure glow in his eyes - one that had been gradually building since his use of the defensive breathing technique. His eyes rose, setting their sights upon the first seen release of Saya's Zanpakutou. As surprising as this would have been two years ago, he understood what was expected of him... and yet, it didn't seem like something he should have been trying to do. "Shigure Souen, not Shigure Souen-ryu... That's what you want?" he asked. A scoff followed, but there was only one thing he could do; he couldn't exactly keep it hidden or anything. "Uchikese..." Shusuke held his own blades in front of his torso to form an X. When he did, his Reiatsu flared and became a visible, rippling water-like aura that was blue in color. This strange form of aura seemed to predominately stem from the swords themselves, which underwent their transformation when Shusuke slashed out and downward to break his own stance. The formerly golden hilts became wrapped in blue as an akita figure appeared on his left blade's pommel, and a swallow appeared at the same point on his right blade. These were not the only alterations, as he also gained bracers on both wrists and hands, and metal-clad sandals. "Kyouka Suigetsu." With the name of his Shikai spoken, Shusuke's blades produced a more tangible form of the aura that previously encompassed him. This release would not be the only thing he showed Saya; he fully intended to meet all given requirements, leave no questions related to his readiness to become head of the Kisaragi House, and simply get this over with. A flick of his right wrist released the swallow from its pommel with a large torrent of Reiryoku. Shusuke charged forward while inside said torrent, aiming to sweep past Saya while slashing at her right side using his right katana. Whatever the end result of this attack, contact with the Reiryoku surrounding Shusuke would result in exposure to said energy's special property, which robbed its victims of strength and capacity of movement.

"One day, Shu-chan..." the Vice-Captain said. This boy, had a habit of annoying Saya in a way only he could. There were other things which annoyed her, and other people even, but Shusuke's attitude and behavior always bothered her a bit more than everyone else, particularly in these moments of boorish behavior. But, it seemed it wouldn't last long, after her forward charges had stopped she got to see the results of her work, an attack which made contact with the young man's person. A frown came to her face as she mentally assessed what such a thing meant as Shusuke himself thought over how to get his right to clan leadership. 'Hm, not quite a master of all forms... but...' whatever thought she had of the lad and his peculiar abilities, she'd soon be met by a sight she'd not previously assumed she'd witness anytime soon. The unveiling of the lad's Zanpakuto. Which by virtue of his very release looked strange to her. It changed not only the shape of his weapons, which seemed to shift only slightly from their original forms as katana, but also granted the boy a shift in clothing by granting him armor pieces. Such a thing was something Saya had never seen before in almost 1000 years of life and she was stunned to say the least. "BAKANA!" she managed.

"That doesn't look like a Shikai at all... but this feeling..." she paused, the feeling and tangibility of the boy's Reiatsu was something she'd come to expect of the clan leader. In fact she possessed a lesser version of a similar feeling, there wasn't as much weight to hers though, it was left lacking in feeling by comparison, and one would definitely notice if they felt hers and Shusuke's side by side like this. But there was hardly time to consider all this, they were after all, locked in the middle of a spirited battle like test. As it played out, Shusuke apparently intended to show more than simply the form and shape of his Shikai and his obvious possession of the Shigure Souen in his Zanpakuto. The further step taken involved a move the young woman had never seen before, a swirling vortex was created as he aimed to dash through it and attack her. She moved to brace to try and avoid the attack as the insects of her Zanpakuto flowed out and aimed to consume a bit of that which was expelled. It managed to give her a little time to try and mount a defense, leaving her enough time to raise her sword, but without the strength of her body to back it up, she was sent flying away and through it, tumbling along the ground just a bit. In this moment, she saw Shusuke, not as him self, but halo'd by the glow of this watery Reiatsu, and saw not his face, but that of her adorable younger brother. It was, enough for her in this moment to accept his readiness without question. And with no direct contact with the boy's expelled energy she'd eventually be able to tighten the grip on her sword once more.

"Yare yare, I'm getting tired of kids these days... I should retire like Baiken... set up as a nice 3rd seat and not deal with this any more. Kumori-taichou would go for something like that..." she muttered to herself, lamenting the obvious difference between the breed of person she was, and the children who came with natural abilities and talents a class or more above her own. Her current Captain was one such person. A few moments later she managed to pull herself into the sitting position pushing her glasses back onto her face. "Alright kiddo, move your ass. We got something to do, and though you can rush me into this... Jii-sama takes his sweet time. Ya' know since it's all he has now..." she said candidly as she stood sheathing her own weapon and cancelling her Shikai. She'd then turn towards the west, "I don't fall behind, it will only take longer if I have to double back," and with that disappeared by usage of Shunpo headed for their family's estate located on the far west of the Seireitei.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast