Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [10th Division] Headquarters & Barracks

Raizen patiently awaited the exact retort of Saya, wondering to what extent she would argue this sudden promotion of Benihime. When she finally outright argued against the promotion, she looked toward the redhead. All the while, Raizen's gaze remained fixated on the black-haired woman. "Yare yare. I wondered the extent of your faith. As your Captain, I'll be expecting more of you in the future. If I told you that I've already managed to discover the cause of this 'curse' and gone out of my way to remove it from the Niwatoko family, what would you say then?"

Raizen's retort to Saya's plea seemed to make her somewhat astonished. The claim that he'd already gone out of his way to clear up any curse surrounding her pupil before acquiring her for his own division and promoting her was a bit outlandish. He also claimed that he expected more faith from her in the future which didn't make sense, because making such an assumption would be far outside the realm of possibility. "First, if you did something like that, you can have all the faith you want. I mean... I've got no idea why you'd do something like that... but if you say you did, and she obviously agrees in someway since she still sitting there just not saying anything..." Saya paused, she had no reason to assume he wasn't a man of his word, and Benihime the girl of infinite contradictions hadn't bothered uttering a single correction so she had no reason to assume it wasn't true. She shuffled through several emotions before settling on one and finishing her speech. "I'm happy we have her," she said rather calmly. This man was something frightening given what he had to say, Benihime just continued to watch the emotions run across the woman's face and the one it settled on was relieved. "I was just enjoying the nostalgia of being discussed like I wasn't sitting here..." she said as if bored. "Saya-sama, you worry too much. Onegaishimasu~" the girl said standing and giving a bow to the woman, who seemed content to accept her into the division.

"You may consider it one of many things I've managed to do over the past few weeks. Either way, you're free to save your worries for something else. I'll be going now," he said while beginning to move in the direction of his office from the common area. On his way, he recalled one train of thought he'd had for his Vice-Captain. He soon stopped to share these final words. "Oh... You should probably be prepared for random questioning involving my Captaincy. I imagine that will be happening quite soon. Himuura should also be finishing his duties and stationing himself here soon. Ja." And with that, he was off.

Saya found herself acknowledging Benihime's statement in a somewhat comical way. All the time she'd known the girl, this was likely the only proper greeting she'd ever been given. "Hai, nice to know you've finally learned to say hello," she said to the girl who gave something of a laugh before she went back to what she was doing. Raizen on the other hand seemed content to go to his office and complete this mountains of paperwork. But before leaving he told his Vice-Captain that she could use her worries on something else and relayed a message on the likelihood of her being interrogated about his Captaincy thus far. Which seemed a bit extreme considering it'd lasted all of a week but, she supposed he was beyond what most would consider young for the position and initially she was confronted with similar tasks about Saori. "Himuura?" she said this name unfamiliar to her. But she supposed she'd find out soon enough. "Come along Hime-chan, I'll show you around the barracks and to your office." she said to the girl who had no intention of ever being in the barracks but would allow the tour just the same. "Hai hai!~"

Several hours after the fall of the Captain of the 4th Division and all the events surrounding it. The Gotei at large would settled and the Captain of the 10th Division would get a knock at his office door. "Kumori-taichou, urgent message from the Captain Commander." the voice from the other side would say. What was the urgent message being delivered right just now? A summons the the Captain-Commander's office, but Raizen wouldn't be the only one summoned this way.

After only a matter of hours, Raizen was approached by a messenger bringing summons from the Captain-Commander of the Gotei 13. Raizen at such a time was at his desk, filing various articles of paperwork left over from his absence in the Division. It seemed he was fated to be interrupted before making much headway in this. Whatever the case, he knew it would come eventually, and he begrudgingly extricated himself from his office chair to open the door for the messenger. "Ou. Arigatou gozaimasu," he said without awaiting the official message. Eye contact was not even made with this individual; Raizen simply kept walking past them, making his way toward the 1st Division's headquarters right away.

Benihime re-entered the 10th Division after what had become a bit of standard morning exploration for her. As she moved through the division what what had become her standard attire, she seemed to nod at various members she'd had the pleasure of meeting and moved seemingly with purpose. It was mid-morning and she'd just come from witnessing the coronation of the boy who was her best friend into his status as a 3rd Seat in the Third Division. With this in mind, she seemed pleased, though she simply seemed this way always. As she came to a stop in front of a particular door she stood with her left elbow rested upon the hilt of her blade with one hip poked out. She'd come here with something in mind, and her crimson eyes burned with amusement and something else. She reached out with her right hand and tapped the door with just the knuckle her index finger exactly three times. It wasn't an intrusive knock, but nor was it timid, as she waited outside of this door, one would note, that it was the Captain's Office of this Division, belonging to one, Kumori Raizen.

On this morning, the 10th Division bustled with activity unseen until recent months. The Kidou Corps had been fully implemented into the Division, and its members worked in tandem with both seated and unseated officers belonging to the Gotei's official Division. In the midst of the goings-on, Kumori Raizen - the Captain of this very Division - sat within his office amongst a few large stacks of unfinished paperwork. Also within the office was a blonde male with red eyes, blonde hair in a long plait with bowl-style bangs, and two vertical dots on his forehead. This man wore a heavily-modified uniform featuring a white turtle-neck shirt in place of a kosode, slim pants, full black shoes, and an off-white haori with the Kidou Corps emblem on its back and either breast. He sat in the chair before Raizen's desk, conversing with the Captain. "Iie. I don't think Yuji would have even attempted something like that, but... most people probably wouldn't. It sounds rather insane, even for a member of your family... Taichou," he said immediately prior to a knock on the office door.

"Come in," Raizen said to whatever individual had approached his office this time. With that said, he went on to continue speaking with the blonde male. "It may sound preposterous, but everything will work out in the end. It wouldn't be the first time this was at least attempted, now would it?" he asked while looking with narrow eyes toward his blonde comrade. The other male was taken aback by these words, so much that he fell into an immediate state of silence with his eyes widened, and his mouth agape. This expression of shock quickly turned into one of what seemed like remorse, as he finally found the words to speak again. "... Hai. One may only hope things don't end the same as they did last time. The Central 46 would not take kindly to the idea, either."

Little did Benihime know there was quite the discussion being had within the Captain's office, between the Captain himself and an unknown blonde male. A few seconds after her knock she was cleared for entry, which she did opening the door without the slightest bit of hesitation, though now she could hear someone else in the room. Upon doing so would find a young blonde male obviously from the Kidoushuu seated within the chair opposite of her Captain. A knowing smile came to this young woman's face because though she didn't know who this was, she could only imagine the kind of conversation she'd walked in upon, especially given the final sentence spoke from the new man before she managed to speak herself. "Oh? Someone else is here... Gomennasai Kumori-taichou. I didn't mean to interrupt~" the young woman with her crimson locks chimed though she was obviously undeterred by the amount of tension in the last few sentences she heard. Though undeterred seemed to be a bit of an understatement as she was now most curious. "I could come back later..." she mentioned with all due politeness given to both parties, even the male she didn't know.

"I'm sure you are fully aware of how little the Central 46 would even comprehend on this matter. They will know what they need to, when they need to." Raizen's final retort caused the other male to sigh. Though he was not one to question the white-haired man's abilities, what they were discussing was something that went beyond all reason. There was no getting around the improbability of it working, even for a moment, as far as he was concerned. "Hai. If that is what you wish, you'll hear nothing of it from me."

With this exchange out of the way, the now-smiling Captain set his gaze upon the redhead who'd so recently entered the room. "Konbanwa, Niwatoko. Don't worry yourself over interrupting; we were just finishing up. Himuura, you're dismissed," he said. With that, the blonde extricated himself from the chair he'd been sat in for the duration of the conversation, and bowed before taking a swift leave of the office. Once he was well and truly gone, Raizen looked toward Benihime once more. "That was much easier than I expected."

The juicer tidbits of this conversation caused the red haired girl to raise a brow, though she said nothing else, waiting rather patiently to be addressed. She couldn't help figure whatever the blonde man had to say in this conversation, he'd already been broken of. Watching someone interact with someone else, in a manner so similar to how she tended to act herself brought a bemused grin to the girl's face. But soon enough the blonde man known as Himuura was leaving and his seat was now empty not that she'd be taking it immediately. That smile only seemed to widen as she was finally greeted and told not to worry over having interrupted as the meeting taking place before her was apparently already over. The blonde male exited with a swiftness that was hardly expected. "He seemed a bit defeated, can't say I recognize the face though," she said of the man known as Himuura, though she had to have heard his name at some point. Of course, she could gather his purpose and likely even the nature of the conversation he'd been having with Raizen before her arrival. "What was easier than you expected? Being mean to him, Kumori-taichou?" she asked in a manner most teasing.

The pair of them now happily alone together, she'd lean over his desk to peck him on the lips before taking over the abandoned chair, seeming to remember at the final moment that she'd been greeted properly. "I'd point out the strangness of your word choice, but... I get it. Konbanwa, Kumori-taichou~" she finished having her seat but not bothering to start explaining why she'd come here. She would choose instead to first sate her own curiosity about the situation she'd walked into, unwittingly.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast