Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [10th Division] Headquarters & Barracks

"Hai; something like that. The paperwork will be worth the outcome to me," Raizen said to this woman as he raised his tea cup to his lips once more. Soon enough, Saya accepted his proposal to take on the Vice-Captain's mantle once more. With this knowledge, he stripped himself of the arm badge, and presented it to her immediately. "I was hoping you'd say that. Onegaishimasu."

"As long as you know what you're getting yourself into," the woman said. This boy was very strange, and she didn't imagine a month ago, when her former protege came from the 12th Division that she'd end up a Vice-Captain again so soon. Soon enough, Raizen was stripping himself of his Vice-Captain's badge and handing it over to Saya, she hadn't seen one of these in over half a century for herself anyways. A bit of a smirk came to her face. "Hai, I'll do my best!" she said accepting it while sitting down her tea cup. She'd then spend a few seconds affixing it to her person, feeling strangely right about herself once more. "So, I assume what is next is choosing your Kidoushuu Vice-Captain, you know any of them?" she asked, wondering what kind of strange things that group could have had going on.

Raizen had begun steadily sipping tea, seeming satisfied with the day's outcome, excluding of course the leave of one Himotoya Saori. Saya wondered who his other Vice-Captain equivalent would be with the full addition of the Kidou Corps into the Division, and frankly, he had no clue. He recalled two specific prospects from the Shino Academy, but only one would be an option at all for him. "I'm not entirely sure. I don't know who they have currently, if anyone at all, but the only one I can really think of is someone named Nomura Daiki, whom I met in last year's academy class. If not him or an existing person, I may have to outsource, unless you have someone in mind."

Having finished her tea already Saya remained in comfortable status. It seemed that Raizen knew at least one name of an individual whom he'd want for his secondary Vice-Captain, and it was a name Saya was familiar with but not directly. "Nomura Daiki? I didn't know that kid was out of the Academy already... but... I suppose it would make sense if he was," she'd heard of this particular child of another noble clan, but mostly because of her own position within her clan, she'd never actually laid eyes on the boy at all. When further pressed for any ideas she had she simply shrugged. Contrary to what most would believe she'd never actually recommend the other person she knew to be best at Kidou for this particular posting or any seat higher than the one she presently had. "Iie, I've got nothing. But, I'll keep an eye out if you'd like or if you can't locate Nomura Daiki," she said affirmatively. Of course this was about all she could expect to do at this point. She imagined as the Kidoushuu became integrated there would be a bit of business going on around here.

Soon though woman with her raven colored locks done up in two horns came walking into the Headquarters of the 10th Division. She wore a white haori over a purple dao which looked a bit like a spider. She walked with purpose hands tucked into the pockets of ballooning hakama and soon enough she encroached upon Raizen and Saya where they sat discussing the setup of their new Division. She actually came with a bit of reasonably good news and it was something that had taken her a little bit of time to retrieve. "Kumori-taichou, congratulations on your promotion. And your apparent return, Kisaragi-fukutaichou." said the woman who was now the Captain of the 2nd Division.

Saya had no outright suggestion for who could be the Vice Kidou Chief within the Division. Normally, Raizen would have no issue with this, but he happened to know better. There was a very specific reason he'd avoided listing another individual, but he'd expected to hear Saya recommend that person. The fact that she didn't, made Raizen's eyes narrow over his tea cup. "Nothing, you say? Interesting. Tell me; what reason do you have to not suggest Niwatoko?" he asked without hesitation. Just then, though, the Captain he'd been familiar with longer than any other living individual in the Soul Society walked into the office. She, too, offered her congratulations to both leaders of the 10th Division. "Arigatou, Han-taichou. Surely you wouldn't be here just for that, though. Tea? Kisaragi-san makes a good blend."

When Saya mentioned that she had no one to suggest, she didn't expect to see Raizen's eyes narrow. She figured at some point he'd likely question what she knew about her protege but she didn't expect it to come up simply because she didn't recommend the girl for a promotion. Beyond this his immediate demand for information about why she didn't made the woman sigh, "It's..." she was then immediately relieved of the need to explain the situation by the arrival of Han Juri who was apparently now Captain of the Second Division. A smile came to the woman's face as she was greeted by someone who'd been a classmate of hers at the Academy. "Han-taichou now? Look at you~" she said seemingly amused by the entire thing.

Raizen's commentary to Juri made the woman smile. "Of course, I didn't come by for just that, it'd be weird if I did. Actually, I have something for you, but I couldn't carry it or anything, take a walk with me instead?" she said before turning to Saya and smiling. "It's a really long story, I'll come by later and have that tea and explain it to you. She definitely makes the best tea~" she said of Saya who smiled and nodded. She was sincerely hoping she was off the hook at least for a while.

"I get something else today, do I?" he asked in rhetoric. Juri had come at an interesting time; one which seemed to make Saya believe she'd avoided the topic of Niwatoko Benihime's potential promotion. Raizen wasn't very keen on dropping this matter, but since Saya was obviously reluctant to answer, he figured he could do without pressing the matter in front of others. As such, he stood and took a side to the 2nd Division's Captain. "Very well. Let's take a walk, then," he agreed, being prepared already to follow wherever Juri led. When he said this, though, his eyes were locked onto Saya, as if to let her know he'd be bringing the topic back at a later time.

"Well, just one more thing..." said Juri. Who upon looking at Saya realized that she'd likely interrupted a conversation. Even so, Saya seemed relieved which she intended to use as leverage later. But as much relief as was on the woman's pig-tailed face, it immediately drained away with a moment of eye contact from Raizen. It seemed the freshly assigned Captain would not be letting go of his inquiries into her protege, and this would likely come up as a topic of conversation a bit later. She figured if this was going to be the case, she'd likely be honest. The woman palmed her own face after Raizen and Juri exited and frowned deeply. 'What on earth did I get myself into?' she wondered as she got up to clear the dishes from the tea and tried to organize in her head the answer to his most recent question.

A few hours later, Raizen returned to the barracks. He seemed quite different from his initial appearance, as he now wore various pieces of jewelry adorned with gemstones black as night, as well as a pair of black and white fingerless gloves adorned with his family crest, which was a thing unseen for centuries now. His Captains' haori was no longer present; he wore instead a small haori emblazoned with his family crest atop the haori of the Kidou Corps Commander. With his return, he expected to once again find his new Vice-Captain, whom he intended to have clear up his curiosities from earlier this day.

Saya could be found, having already been given the official mantle of Vice-Captain she'd been seen in the office which originally belonged to Raizen. She found herself cleaning it up and readjusting it, technically back to the way it was before Raizen was made Vice-Captain. As she finished this up, she collapsed into a comfortable chair she'd set up in the light of a window so that she could look out as was her habit, when she noted the return of her Captain, she had no doubt he'd intended to sate his curiosities about her student and she supposed she could do nothing more than answer him. As such she had two cups of tea on the table before her and a seat near her own. "Wow, that must have been some present. Welcome back, Kumori-taichou," she said seemingly still in about the same humor as she always was.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast